~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

Not that I turned it down, but I received a 39% raise in the middle of the pandemic because I filled a needed role in my school division's IT department, and I am definitely part of that top 25% now. It's ridiculous how those who already make good money are somehow coming out ahead during all of this. In my case, beyond the raise, I am also able to work from home if I want (and am doing so regularly unless the office is sparsely populated) and I am saving money by eating out less, etc.

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Not that I turned it down, but I received a 39% raise in the middle of the pandemic because I filled a needed role in my school division's IT department, and I am definitely part of that top 25% now. It's ridiculous how those who already make good money are somehow coming out ahead during all of this. In my case, beyond the raise, I am also able to work from home if I want (and am doing so regularly unless the office is sparsely populated) and I am saving money by eating out less, etc.

I am doing pretty well. Since I don't go out I am saving a good amount of money. Been using it though on hobby stuff though and working on paying down my credit card debt. 

Got back into anime figures, 30k, and PC hardware. 

I am actually pretty satisfied right now. While I am kinda lonely since I don't have a significant other and it's hard to hang out with my friends. My hobbies are keeping me occupied. I feel like I am back to the time period prior to meeting my ex-wife and after HS. Probably better because of my antidepressants.

20 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I am doing pretty well. Since I don't go out I am saving a good amount of money. Been using it though on hobby stuff though and working on paying down my credit card debt. 

Got back into anime figures, 30k, and PC hardware. 

I am actually pretty satisfied right now. While I am kinda lonely since I don't have a significant other and it's hard to hang out with my friends. My hobbies are keeping me occupied. I feel like I am back to the time period prior to meeting my ex-wife and after HS. Probably better because of my antidepressants.

I got back into drawing hardcore when I finally decided to start doing those UDemy classes I had been buying and never using. Even took my Wacom tablet out for the first time in years and did some digital drawings:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I got back into drawing hardcore when I finally decided to start doing those UDemy classes I had been buying and never using. Even took my Wacom tablet out for the first time in years and did some digital drawings:

Good work !

Looks great 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Very cool. I have never been artistic, and I envy those who are.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Very cool. I have never been artistic, and I envy those who are.

Ya I suck at drawing. It sucks because some people do amazing free hand battle standards or art on their tanks but I can't. Decals and brass etched for me.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

But you practice the art of the deal.

You say it in jest, but I do think my drive to do business stems from it being a type of creative endeavor since I’m not creative in the artistic sense. I was talking with a friend recently about how I really like building businesses, but don’t care much for maintaining them. Running them day to day is boooorrring.

22 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I've been working from home since March, so work-wise I'm fine.  However, I've also been using services like Doordash a lot more since then, which hasn't been great for my finances, or my waistline.

And don't even ask about my mental state...

44 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I've been working from home since March, so work-wise I'm fine.  However, I've also been using services like Doordash a lot more since then, which hasn't been great for my finances, or my waistline.

Do you see a psychologist or counsellor?

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Its just me and my mom and now mostly me since she got a 2nd job. I don't want to waste time cooking for myself so ubereats and doordash it is.

Busy month starting up for me. Have a bunch of comedy shows (Iliza Schlesinger, Bert Kreischer, Nate Bargatze) and some movie events with Amazon/Blumhouse.

Also was down in @Massdriver’s hood today looking at property for another drive in there.

One day things will settle down and go back to a more normal flow, but this has been an exciting year on a professional level for me.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Busy month starting up for me. Have a bunch of comedy shows (Iliza Schlesinger, Bert Kreischer, Nate Bargatze) and some movie events with Amazon/Blumhouse.

Also was down in @Massdriver’s hood today looking at property for another drive in there.

One day things will settle down and go back to a more normal flow, but this has been an exciting year on a professional level for me.

Buy AMC.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I love Iliza.