~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

11 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Trump has announced nothing to help business during this press conference and has be shaking the hands of American's biggest CEOs.

I'm glad the market it up 10%, but it makes zero sense.

I think it shows how difficult it is to time the market which is why I'm going to go back to dollar cost averaging in next week. This is a relief rally from the lack of news and is probably more about technical factors than fundamentals. Also, Trump timed the conference so he would have everyone speak one after the other right till close. This was probably on purpose.

17 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I think it shows how difficult it is to time the market which is why I'm going to go back to dollar cost averaging in next week. This is a relief rally from the lack of news and is probably more about technical factors than fundamentals. Also, Trump timed the conference so he would have everyone speak one after the other right till close. This was probably on purpose.

That was my thought, he was just running out the clock.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I assume there will be a bloodbath when quarterly earnings and numbers come out.

I’m not so sure. Retail will have an influx of cash driven by panic, and cloud tech might see an uptick in customers. On the retail side it will depend on how hard the supply chain is disrupted. If this doesn’t end up being too bad, and stores can keep a semi normal stock, there will definitely be some winners that beat the low estimates.

With that said, this is a good time to day trade. It’s working like it did in 2008 (generalization), down 10% one day, up 5% the next. A lot of money can be made in this market if you do your homework. Coming out of it, tons of money will be made as the fundamentals (outside of the corporate debt issue) are still pretty solid.  

7 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

I’m not so sure. Retail will have an influx of cash driven by panic, and cloud tech might see an uptick in customers. On the retail side it will depend on how hard the supply chain is disrupted. If this doesn’t end up being too bad, and stores can keep a semi normal stock, there will definitely be some winners that beat the low estimates.

With that said, this is a good time to day trade. It’s working like it did in 2008 (generalization), down 10% one day, up 5% the next. A lot of money can be made in this market if you do your homework. Coming out of it, tons of money will be made as the fundamentals (outside of the corporate debt issue) are still pretty solid.  

An equal amount will be lost by those who don't time it well, of course.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also the page is literally going to say "do you have symptoms or have you been in contact with those who may have it? Then get tested."

I don't get why people are hyping this up.

It’s supposed to tell you where to go I believe. Who knows, it’ll be nowhere near ready anytime soon. 

27 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also the page is literally going to say "do you have symptoms or have you been in contact with those who may have it? Then get tested."

I don't get why people are hyping this up.

Because Trump bigly needs a win and he'll strongly take the the quickest actions ever to win bigly.

So, one of the things he announced during his speech was that he was temporarily waiving all interest on federal student loan debts.  

It's...something, at least, but I feel like he could  do more.  Like, maybe just cancel the interest altogether?  Temporarily defer all loans?  Take a certain percentage off all loans?

I mean, they spent 1.5 trillion dollars the other day just to try and prop up Wall Street which is the same amount as all student loan debt combined.

40 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So, one of the things he announced during his speech was that he was temporarily waiving all interest on federal student loan debts.  

It's...something, at least, but I feel like he could  do more.  Like, maybe just cancel the interest altogether?  Temporarily defer all loans?  Take a certain percentage off all loans?

I mean, they spent 1.5 trillion dollars the other day just to try and prop up Wall Street which is the same amount as all student loan debt combined.

:facepalm:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/business/2020/03/federal-reserve-bond-market-wall-street-trillion.amp

This is all very misleading. The Fed is not jumping in to save the Dow Jones. It is not forking over money so traders can buy shares in Amazon. Rather, it’s using its short-term lending powers to prevent the all-important Treasury market from breaking down and creating another financial crisis.