What are you playing today?

On 2/15/2023 at 6:15 AM, gamer.tv said:

Witcher 3, it was just to pass some time, but I might see if I can beat the main story (I never have). Large scale games work so much better for me as handheld experiences - I’m more than happy to trade fidelity for the ability to play in 20 minute bursts. 

I’m still playing W3 but I’m trying to understand what about the hook I’m enjoying. Travel is what it is, the story is interesting, the combat is fine, but there’s something making it engaging. It might be the atmosphere and overall works building that’s carrying it. 

I don't get people who can play multiple singleplayer games at once. I have trouble enough following one story at a time, let alone several of them. I'll have forgotten half the plot of game A by the time I put down game B.

Multiplayer games are a different story, obviously, since they generally don't have one (excluding co-op games). Right now I play ~3 on a daily basis, that being PUBG, CRSED and Riichi City.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Now that is a high quality to-play list.

It’s going well for me 

8 minutes ago, Demut said:

I don't get people who can play multiple singleplayer games at once. I have trouble enough following one story at a time, let alone several of them. I'll have forgotten half the plot of game A by the time I put down game B.

Multiplayer games are a different story, obviously, since they generally don't have one (excluding co-op games). Right now I play ~3 on a daily basis, that being PUBG, CRSED and Riichi City.

I mean between the 18 single player games I am probably into, the 10 tv shows and the 3 books, somehow I keep it altogether. But most of the video games I play through simultaneously are games I’ve beaten at least once before. 

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

But most of the video games I play through simultaneously are games I’ve beaten at least once before. 

Well, that explains it to some degree. I multi-task like that to some extent when it comes to manga but there, too, I run into the limits of my working memory pretty quickly which leads me to frequently have to reread entire fucking series because I'm just so lost on where I last left of. This is especially bad when it comes to stuff that isn't published weekly or not even monthly.

• Hugs 1

On 2/18/2023 at 4:04 PM, Demut said:

I don't get people who can play multiple singleplayer games at once. I have trouble enough following one story at a time, let alone several of them.

Yeah, I don’t really get people who can do that either. When I play a single player game (which are all that I play) I like to get fully immersed/involved in it, and it’s all that I want to play until I finish it. I don’t like to jump from one game to another while in the middle of playing them, I just like to focus on one at a time. But that’s me, and I know that everyone is different.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, Paperclyp said:

I mean between the 18 single player games I am probably into, the 10 tv shows and the 3 books, somehow I keep it altogether.

You must have ADD. :p

I don't jump between story based games either.

I finished up Control, and decided that I didn't want to continue playing the DLC.

Started playing Marvel Midnight Suns during the free weekend, and despite a VERY slow start, I'm enjoying the combat a lot.

IMHO, Developers are not doing themselves a bunch of favours by requiring players to spend 5 hours of mediocre gametime before opening up the "good stuff" -- had this issue with both Control and MMS.

49 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You must have ADD. :p

Lol

I was being a bit hyperbolic and it’s more that I often get bored of games but have an issue with wanting to complete shit. It would probably be a lot healthier to walk away from stuff when I grow bored of it, but then again I’ve come back to many games after not “getting it” the first time / actually not progressing far enough to understand what the game is and ended up loving it. 

So it’s really that I started 10 games at some point but never finished them, but feel like I should. I’m not sitting there in the evening switching between games every 20 mins lol. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 since I've never actually finished it. I tell myself I'm going to do all the hunting which goes well when you get like an easy deer kill but I spent 3 hours last night trying unsuccessfully to get a perfect elk pelt and now I'm wondering what I'm doing with my life. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

Fuck, don't remind me, @Dodger, I haven't finished it yet either. Not sure what's taking you so long with elk pelts though. You know how to reliably get perfect ones in principle, right? If not, I'll tell ya if you want. The game mentions it at some point but perhaps you just missed it. Me, I'm stuck on those fucking fishing collectibles. I cannot for the life of me catch one of the legendary ones despite having tried it during every weather, from every angle of its area, with every rod and every bait combination. I'm too stubborn to look it up or throw in the towel though so maybe I'll never get to finish the game. I keep trying again every couple of months and then drop it for like half a year again.

What I came here to say, however, is that I'm still nibbling away at Dragon's Dogma: Dark Risen. My playtime hit triple digits today but when I happened to look at the bestiary I saw that there's still ~30 enemies I have yet to encounter. Fuck me. And here I thought I was at least half-way done with it. I know that, at a minimum, there's still two more big areas that I'll have to gain access to as well. Curse this stupid mountain of side quests/collectibles.

I ended up restarting the game so I’m trying to do this stuff early. Trying to do it in the area near valentine but it’s hard to get 3 star one to appear. You probably need to do it in the other areas but those have predators that will fuck me up this early. Plus I only have regular bait not the potent bait yet so I’ll get some 2 star fucker showing up most of the time. I’ll get around to it, well maybe until some other game catches my eye.

Played Axiom Verge 2 until the power went out. Played a bit of Final Fantasy Dimensions until the power came back. After supper I started Axiom Verge 2 and got to where I think I was and started thinking that given the series' connected dimensions and all that it would make sense if the power went out again while at the same spot. That's exactly what happened. Just came back on so hopefully it stays on at least long enough to get out of that area and save.

My brother got me this for my birthday:

It basically has like every game ever released for every computer, console and handheld up until the Dreamcast. It’s like a time machine for me taking me back to my earlier days of gaming because I started gaming on the Atari 2600 in the late 70s, and grew up in the arcades in the 80s. I became a more serious gamer when the NES and Sega Master System came out, and I’ve owned almost every console and handheld since. It’s definitely nice to revisit all of my old favorites again, and there’s also a lot of games that I haven’t played that will be new to me.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I got this on switch for 99cents and it’s a steal at that price! It’s a fun arcade style baseball game with a good responsiveness and feel. Nice quick pace. Not sure why it’s the price it is, I guess to test the franchise out here like suggested in that review sounds possible, but for whatever reason it’s surprisingly quality.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I got this on switch for 99cents and it’s a steal at that price! It’s a fun arcade style baseball game with a good responsiveness and feel. Nice quick pace. Not sure why it’s the price it is, I guess to test the franchise out here like suggested in that review sounds possible, but for whatever reason it’s surprisingly quality.

I saw you playing it and checked it out on the eShop. Looks really cool and I was very surprised it was only .99

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Kirby Star Allies. Trying to finish it before downloading Return to Dreamland Deluxe

Especially after they added the extra content post launch I think Star Allies is underrated and is as good as the other mainline side scrollers. It’s biggest issue is not being 60fps but at least it looks nice especially when it first came out on year two of Switch.

• True 1

Beat Hogwarts and moving on to Dead Space Remake now on the tv, played until chapter 3, and now I actually have a bunch of Switch games I’ve picked up recently due to new releases or sales (Kirby, Grim Gaurdians, Final Vendeta, Metroid Prime, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Power Pros) so it’s gonna get some love.

• Halal 2