What are you playing today?

Playing some Flight Simulator now that I have more space for the crazy 200gb full install and to test the new cpu on it and even in New York flying close to the ground it’s 110-116fps (dlss3 cap) everything else is pretty much just locked and it’s a tripppppp how good this looks maxed at 4k/120 and damn what a difference form just 2 1/2 years ago trying to play when the 3080 first came out, it’s like we jumped a generation in processing power since then already. 

If they keep at it filling out higher res textures and adding real models to everything, and especially with using AI to help that process (if they aren’t already), I could see MS or some other dev eventually just high detail modeling the world like this. Ideally it then gets made open source wether that’s MS or someone else doing an open source version of the same thing and then games that take place in real world locations could save so much time by already having all exteriors modeled.

• Halal 1

In between Last of Us on my tv I’ve been playing a lot of random games streaming to deck to bench the new cpu and one thing I’ll need to actually go back to is Gears of War Hivebusters, that game looks amazing now maxed out on pc. And I really liked Gears5, so I’ll need to beat this.

I need to go back to Prime also but I saw Mario vs Rabbids 2 on sale again and wanted to bite this time so I’ll probably at least start that one tonight. 

Still going through Hogwart’s Legacy. I love the world and setting but the rest is average to bad. I wish the game was more about being a student of Hogwarts than running around with ancient magic and killing everyone.   

Playing through Great Ace Attorney on Deck as well. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 4:01 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I should finish up Pentiment today. Love this game. 

If I do, then I’ll probably get back to Metroid Prime tonight. 

I wish more people had tried pentiment, because it is so damn good! 
For people who like narrative games, it really, really hits.

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I wish more people had tried pentiment, because it is so damn good! 
For people who like narrative games, it really, really hits.

Yeah, it was excellent. I already want to play through it again and make different choices because I was unsatisfied with my route of investigation in the first case. 

No complaints, game was awesome for the genre and maybe my favorite. 

7 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Working on my 1337 CoH3 skills and streaming later. I randomly had one viewer yesterday and my first night. So I'm entertaining somebody and I don't even use my webcam and such.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe it counts the person streaming as a viewer.

15 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

After years of threatening it, I’ve finally tried out Uncharted: Lost Legacy…it is perfectly OK. 

I mean, yeah, I don't know how far you are, or if you have played Uncharted games before, but Uncharted Lost Legacy gets much better when the game world opens up. I really didn't enjoy the first bit of it, but then it got much, much better. 

I really loved Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, but if you never played the others first, it would be a very bad place to start I think. So much story over the previous few games. 

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, yeah, I don't know how far you are, or if you have played Uncharted games before, but Uncharted Lost Legacy gets much better when the game world opens up. 

I really loved Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, but if you never played the others first, it would be a very bad place to start. 

I’ve played 2 and 4 (and watched my wife play 3) and I’ve enjoyed them - but they feel like the kind of games I’d have loved at 14/15 - and now merely like. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stepee said:

Mario vs Rabbids 2! @Brian it’s super fun

I haven’t bought the second yet, but the first was very good. Best non mainline mario game since MK8. Definitely have to pick this one up, preferably on sale.

Today is GT7 and Demeo in VR (which im still using quite a bit, easy setup makes it worth picking up and playing), and Destiny 2 Lightfall. I love destiny, and while this campaign sucks, I still needed to get raid ready, because the Raid is awesome. Tonight or tomorrow night some friends and I will be going at the raid together, so looking forward to that. 

Of all the dumb things to start, I ended up playing Banjo Kazooie (and getting nearly all the jiggies in world one). 

I’m not saying I’m going to complete it - but our right joy con has developed a fault, so my wife has said she might start a new PS4 game (or I’ll go and buy her one), so until pay day, this might be my jam.

9 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Of all the dumb things to start, I ended up playing Banjo Kazooie (and getting nearly all the jiggies in world one). 

I’m not saying I’m going to complete it - but our right joy con has developed a fault, so my wife has said she might start a new PS4 game (or I’ll go and buy her one), so until pay day, this might be my jam.

Just finished Clanker's Cavern - I may be in the minority, but outside of some camera and control issues, Banjo Kazooie has aged well from a gameplay stand point. As an N64 fan, I even quite like the look of it, blurry textures and all. 

I was just reading to see how many Jiggies I'd need to collect to fight Gruntilda...and apparently I'll need to collect 98/100 to reach the final boss, which to my privileged 2023 self is quite savage. 

• Halal 1

More Forbidden West. 14 hours in and Alloy is still EXTREMELY annoying. She solves the easiest puzzles for you when they are presented because she litteraly won't shut up. 

The climbing is way too inconsistent and needs rebuilt for part 3.

The world is too empty imo. Nothing really going on but it's visually pleasing. The story is stupid, too. So again, I'm struggling my way through this but I want to beat it again before Star Wars. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

More Forbidden West. 14 hours in and Alloy is still EXTREMELY annoying. She solves the easiest puzzles for you when they are presented because she litteraly won't shut up. 

The climbing is way too inconsistent and needs rebuilt for part 3.

The world is too empty imo. Nothing really going on but it's visually pleasing. The story is stupid, too. So again, I'm struggling my way through this but I want to beat it again before Star Wars. 

Oh My Gosh What GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

Got to Winter on Hogwarts. At this point, I am only doing the main quests. The sooner this game is over the better. 

I started up Loop Hero since I saw it’s on Game Pass. Pretty cool game so far. Would love if I could play it on the deck. 

5 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

lately been messing with Cozy Grove, Nobody Saves the World, and the first Atelier Ryza

How’s Atelier Ryza?

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Got to Winter on Hogwarts. At this point, I am only doing the main quests. The sooner this game is over the better.

Why’s that?