What are you playing today?

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Got to Winter on Hogwarts. At this point, I am only doing the main quests. The sooner this game is over the better. 

I started up Loop Hero since I saw it’s on Game Pass. Pretty cool game so far. Would love if I could play it on the deck. 

I kinda stuck to the main quest in Hogwarts because you do hit a wall. I did, but thankfully I was close to the end and sucked it up when I did. Overall, great game though. 

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

fun, though I wasn't sure how I felt at the start as the story is slow building and not 'epic' in the traditional RPG sense and felt more like a slice of life game, but collecting things so you can do advanced alchemy recipes gets addicting

Sounds good, I like a more laidback slice of life type of game once in a while. I plan on getting all three games in the series when they’re cheaper.

10 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Sounds good, I like a more laidback slice of life type of game once in a while. I plan on getting all three games in the series when they’re cheaper.

the first two were just on sale on the eshop for 29 a piece. They seem to go on sale fairly regularly. Seeing that 3 had just come out I decide to check it out. I know I had a one or two of the Atelier games from the ps2 days but for the life of me couldn't remember if I had actually gotten around to playing them :lol:

I’ve been playing a lot of Mario vs Rabbids 2 and it’s REALLY fun. It’s like a full rpg now where the battles are turn based strategy arenas. There’s so much more exploring and meat to it. This is how you make this type of game for someone like me who normally dislikes the genre.

• Like 2

Okay phew if you turn in “Native Depth Interpolation” in video options for the flycast core in Retroarch on steam deck then it fixes the texture flickering glitches on Dynamite Deka 2/Dynamite Cop! Now it’s perfect and still the best arcade 3D beat ‘em up.

• Halal 1

Wrapped up RE4 Remake. Now I’ve just got a couple of days before the next new old game takes up all my time (Advance Wars). Haven’t played my PS5 in a bit, so I downloaded some newer PS+ games: Sackboy, Kena, Tails of Iron, Tchia. I’ll see if one of those sticks. 

I’ve been dipping into MK8 Deluxe and I so, so enjoy this game. I probably put more than 50 hours into the game on Wii U, and this is just better (especially with the Hori controller attached). I can’t buy Nintendo Online because I’d run the risk of not speaking to my wife and child for a month. 

Definitely Metroid Prime.

I started Chrono Cross last night, but it froze twice on my before I ever even got to save. I did need to update my Deck, so I did that and I'll give it another try tonight to see if the problem persists.

And I'm really fighting with myself about playing TLOU Part II again. I'm probably at least going to load it on my PS5.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:56 PM, gamer.tv said:

I’m back in to Persona 4, closing in on saving Rise. I’ve got no chance of finishing it before Zelda…but it’s still fun. 

It’s a drizzly Sunday so I’m between a trip out and cooking, I’ve been playing more of this. 17 hours in…40 to go? 

killed the guardian ape in sekiro. i read elsewhere there are multiple endings and im basically ready for one of them. or i can continue on and theres about 25% more game left. at this point im considering just doing the shorter ending. this game was great and I got gud…but I feel like ive seen all there is to offer. theres so many other games i want to dive into. currently playing Jedi: Survior. BOTW2 is coming in 2 weeks. still need to wrap up hogwarts and GOW2.

can anyone who played all the way through sekiro convince im wrong and I should continue on? 

Inside.. follow-up to Limbo. So I started playing demo for Little Nightmares and found it quite likable for all its mechanics etc.. so I started playing Inside and was somewhat underwhelmed for its “simpler” gameplay.. but I trudged forward, after finding momentum I managed to play through the whole thing… Its a great game, but it again leaves too many unanswered questions..

I don’t know why I’ve been so lazy in getting ps2 set up on steam deck but that was tonight’s mission. This is what I’ve got so far but I wanna get a bunch more on here, I’ve never gotten together a nice ps2 collection in one place before:

Ape Escape 2

Bloody Roar 3

Burnout 3: Takedown

Capcom vs Snk 2

Dead to Rights

The Haunted Mansion

God Hand

Jak and Daxter

Maximo

Mister Mosquito

Nba Street

Nfl street 3