What are you playing today?

Finished Conkers Bad Fur Day… N64 version on Rare Replay… some of the gameplay still didnt translate fluidly cause N64 controller was too unique… anyhow, completed the game… still a great game with lots of varied gameplay and an AMAZING SOUNDTRACK… I just took my time at the Rock Solid just to listen to the tune… forgot some of the messed scenarios like killing the baby dino and all that..  the ending is still amazing with switch of the Panther King and the glitch ending..

Guess being on a RARE kick I guess its time for some Banjo-Kazooie

OMG I actually/finally beat a game. It's been a really long damn time since I've done that. Completed Danganronpa on the vita. The rhythm mini game still annoyed the crap out of me even after getting better at it.  I do find the ending/conclusion not great but can't really expect much from a VN type game like this.

Now to decide if I want to play Dangan 2 on Switch (or vita) or Toukiden 2 on vita that I finally picked up (enjoyed the demo ages ago but also was a fan of the original).

• Halal 1

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Finished GTAV last week (for the first time).  I really don't understand how that game was so popular for so long.

Playing Control now -- VERY pretty game.  I'm a little iffy on the combat so far -- but as I'm still opening up powers, there is still a long way to go.

Combat is phenomenal so stick with it with more upgrades. 

I dropped One Piece Odyssey. It’s a solid RPG. The reason why I never play Anime games is the retread of storylines. This game has some original content but reuses a ton of old story content. 

I started Fire Emblem Engage, Pizza Tower, Forspoken, and SpongeBob SquarePants Cosmic Shake. I will probably bounce around between all four though Forspoken is close to being cut. 

I’m about an hour into Pokemon Violet. I’m enjoying the game and it feels good to play, but surely at some point someone should have had a word about maybe targeting a specific art style because it looks like a mobile game. A clear, distinct art style (I’m not saying cel-shading would be the correct approach, but…), it could have disguised a lot of the GC era texture work. 

Battling is fun and I like the fact that everyone gains experience after a battle (I’ve not played a Pokemon game since Soul Silver and not completed one since Red, so all the systems feee new). 

So this past week I've been slowly starting up on Danganronpa 2 (on switch) but man there are so many things I dislike that was changed in this game and the intro to the game drags on imo. Some of the issues I'm finding are the walking around feels worse and stutters, understanding where people are is difficult with the tiny pixel art icons, targeting during court battles is worse and when investigating the targeting on picking things is really bad and will give me the wrong item even when right on top of fit, I find I have to goo off to the left side of items for it to pick the right one. =/  I'm still going to push on with this but I'm very tempted to switch to the vita version and see if it's a little less annoying there (at least in youtube videos it looks a little less broken).

Still chewing my way through Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (2nd attempt). Man, that game is such a bore as a completionist. Prime example of why fucking side quests should value quality of quantity. If I am asked to taxi one more stupid-ass NPC across the entire fucking map I'll not guarantee that they'll make it there with a pulse.

I should probably just drop it (again) but at this point the sunk cost fallacy has its grip on me and I just wanna finish the stupid thing already.

Played some CRSED today. Does anyone remember that April Fools' Day battle royal shooter? Cuisine Royal is what it was called, I think. A few years back it got overhauled and is now a bit less goofy. It's still F2P but they changed the name to, well, CRSED (and no, that's not a typo). It's still kinda fun, actually, and runs better than many of the big titles. Most unique are probably the so-called rituals in the game which are actions players can take that influence the entire round, such as reducing gravity, turning day into night, starting a zombie apocalypse or causing a map-wide flood. I'm not sure how I feel about the different playable characters' individual abilities though. Some of those are clearly more useful than others (such as turning into a swarm of tiny fucking bats and being able to then rematerialize at will), with the better ones seemingly all being locked behind the paywall.

I saw the end credits of Control.  Playing through the DLC.

It's a really solid game -- only with a story that really isn't to my taste.  But graphically good, and combat that is really fun (once the powers/guns open up 1/3 of the way through the game).  I really wish developers wouldn't hamstring the gameplay for the first 5-6 hours of these game.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Demut said:

In terms of the setting? Or what you as the PC are supposed to do? Or ...?

I didn't have any issue with the main character or her motivations.

I never felt connected with the world, and I always felt I was in a drug-induced delusion. I assume this is what the writers were aiming for -- but this sort of surreal storytelling doesn't connect with me.

8 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I saw the end credits of Control.  Playing through the DLC.

It's a really solid game -- only with a story that really isn't to my taste.  But graphically good, and combat that is really fun (once the powers/guns open up 1/3 of the way through the game).  I really wish developers wouldn't hamstring the gameplay for the first 5-6 hours of these game.

I wanted to like control but I couldn’t get through it. Stalled out on two separate attempts. The pacing was off for my liking, and I actually didn’t really like the combat. 

• Sad 1