What are you playing today?

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Hahah I got to

Reveal hidden contents

Is that still main game?

You mean

forbidden island

right? Yep, still main game! Second world there does have a bit of a difficulty ramp up but it’s more so in the post game. There’s a couple twists that are fun. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Today I was playing some BlazBlue: Central Fiction while on a short road trip today. Game still holds up, it's a lot of fun. Even if Noel is kinda cheap, haha. 

Road trip was shortened because you were playing the game while driving and crashed the car?

52 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Road trip was shortened because you were playing the game while driving and crashed the car?

No, no, no. Absolutely not. Crashing the car? I’ve never done that. Nor will I ever. Not sure where you got that idea but it’s positively ridiculous.

I was in a van. 

• Haha 1

On the final boss of Skyward Sword. Definitely should have 4 bottles (I have two) and I should definitely have got the best shield (I cannot be bothered - so this is quite a tricky fight. I’ve been close once, so my heart tells me I’ll do it first try tomorrow.

Update: one sleep later and I beat the boss in less than a minute, getting hit once.

Weird game Skyward Sword, as a Zelda game, it’s OK, but if this was a stand alone, not called Zelda game, it would be a massive 10/10. Funny what a legacy can do to perception.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:43 PM, gamer.tv said:

Weird game Skyward Sword, as a Zelda game, it’s OK, but if this was a stand alone, not called Zelda game, it would be a massive 10/10. Funny what a legacy can do to perception.

It goes the opposite way for me.  It's a flawed game with pacing issues, but still one of my favorites of the 3D Zelda bunch.  I think the 'legacy' of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess being so vanilla in their puzzle and combat fundamentals actually elevates it.

Started another run of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night with the recently added Aurora from Child of Light. So far it's great, I made good progress. Many areas that initially are blocked as Miriam are accessible right away and early on you get the ability to fly so you can go pretty much anywhere right away though some enemies might be too tough until later, especially bosses. I entered the room where that optional undead Belmont like boss is and died in just a few hits. When you're not fighting enemies and bosses that aren't supposed to be fought until much later it tends to be easy but I don't mind.

Still splitting time between doing the Festival Playlists of Forza Horizon 5 and doing search and destroy missions in Ghost Recon Wildlands.....

I need a new game, tried some FIFA after not playing for a while.. the "ai feels like scoring a goal right now" gameplay of the higher difficulties is as annoying as ever.

Finished Bloodstained as Aurora. Overall it was really good, it was mostly easy but a few bosses like the 8 bit boss and the final boss gave me some trouble. Gain a few levels and spam attack, the ray of light and maybe press towards the target to sometimes parry and counter attack and bosses that were tough become easy. I got stuck in the library in a spot where as Miriam you'd have to use the ricochet ability, I was able to slide in but couldn't get out so I had to reload a save. Sometimes torches and dropped items couldn't be hit or picked up. The completion percentage seemed off but maybe I missed a few things.

I hadn't played as Bloodless so I started a run as her. I miss Aurora's flight and ray of light. 

I've never played a Tales game despite owning a handful of them. I decided to try Tales of Destiny just to see it on the deck. Now I'm wondering why these games weren't more popular. It certainly has an interesting battle system. People who hated turn based battles should have really checked out these games.

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've never played a Tales game despite owning a handful of them. I decided to try Tales of Destiny just to see it on the deck. Now I'm wondering why these games weren't more popular. It certainly has an interesting battle system. People who hated turn based battles should have really checked out these games.

I had Symphonia on the GameCube and really enjoyed it, however, even at 15, I knew the story was shite. 

• True 1

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've never played a Tales game despite owning a handful of them.

You were obviously interested in them if you bought them, so why didn’t you play them? They’ve been some of my favorite JRPGs over the years. Vesperia is my favorite, but unfortunately their quality somewhat dropped a little after it. Berseria is probably the best since Vesperia, but it’s still not quite as good as the classics in the series IMO. I have Arise which is apparently really good, but I haven’t played it yet.

38 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You were obviously interested in them if you bought them, so why didn’t you play them? They’ve been some of my favorite JRPGs over the years. Vesperia is my favorite, but unfortunately their quality somewhat dropped a little after it. Berseria is probably the best since Vesperia, but it’s still not quite as good as the classics in the series IMO. I have Arise which is apparently really good, but I haven’t played it yet.

I think the first one I picked up was Tales of Vesperia on the 360. (I checked my Email to get this story straight) So I picked it up back in the day as part of that Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free deals. I never opened it and sold it off and bought the Xbox 360 version digitally on sale for like $5. Still did not play it and now I have Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on steam. I also picked up Tales of Xillia 1 &2 and Graces on sale on the PS3 (didn't play them either) and I have Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria on steam. So I played none of them. Why didn't I play them? I dunno, blacklogs and such I suppose 🤷‍♀️

43 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I have Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on steam. I also picked up Tales of Xillia 1 &2 and Graces on sale on the PS3 (didn't play them either) and I have Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria on steam.

Those are all good. Zestiria is the weakest, but it’s still not bad. If you like anime style JRPGs then you should enjoy them.

• Thanks 1

Loving getting back into the Xenoblade series with Torna.  Something about it just feels so right, again.  Maybe it's the lack of tutorial and gatcha, which slowed down the pacing in 2.

It's also the first Xenoblade I'm playing on my 4K TV.  Resolution is fine if I just pretend it's old-fashioned, like the Wii game was for its time.  Framerate holds up pretty well too.  But the depth of field in cutscenes pixelates the background... optimization was clearly important, but it's still very odd looking.  Hopefully they can address that, if they haven't already with DE and 3.