What are you playing today?

I must be at the high point of Valhalla atm, as it’s REALLY good right now. The story is getting interesting and curious where it’s going

my brother just got traded to the king of wessex as a peace offering but also he thinks he is a god now

I’m enjoying finding treasure and upgrading stuff, they make finding treasure fun in this since it’s kind of like a puzzle. And there are so many options for upgrades and it seems like you get decent ones often.

I haven’t hit a point yet where I’m feeling blocked by the level of my character and need to do side missions or whatever to grind. Or maybe I am doing side missions and not realizing it since everything is so well done. 

If it keeps letting me do what I want without a forced difficulty block I can see keeping at this all the way through.

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I loved CP2077. I put almost 100 hours in it. The only recent game I did that with is Elden Ring (140 hours and counting). 

Pretty sure that I had well over 90hrs can't remember for sure but it was a fun ride all the way through. That said I uninstalled it right after beating it, it had nothing making me want to replay it. Maybe a ways down the road though!

7 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Pretty sure that I had well over 90hrs can't remember for sure but it was a fun ride all the way through. That said I uninstalled it right after beating it, it had nothing making me want to replay it. Maybe a ways down the road though!

When the expansion hits will be the time!

More Greak, and I'm continually impressed.  There's some fiddly little flaws with it, like some aspects of the controls, and a limited inventory per character that's not shared.  But overall, this is a pretty lax Metroidvania-light mixed in with some Lost Vikings.

Really hope I'll stay as positive on it until the end.

ss_52b5ad5d238458d145489633f90ffa096a5b5

Bought Torchlight II on Switch on a whim and am enjoying so far. I have had it on Steam for quite some time, but this really plays well on a handheld. Wish I had my Steam deck damnit! Also out of nowhere I bought Rouge Legacy 2 knowing I'm just not good at these games. A fun game to hold off until I do finally get that elusive Steam Deck thingy I hear so much about.....lol

Played more cyberpunk and found a bad ass shotgun. I actually looted it from a gang member. Anyway, the thing is so fucking powerful! I run through enemies with one shots in the head. The gun gameplay is actually good which kinda surprised me. 

I beat Sekiro yesterday, but I still need to beat a couple of optional bosses before moving onto NG+. One thing I really like about Sekiro, is that most of the bosses are very beatable if you're patient and learn to read the movement and attack patterns.

• Halal 1

Bought a screwdriver set, some compressed air and so w Q-Tips and cleaned my PS4 fan for the first time in…6 years? It wasn’t pretty but it didn’t instantly sound like a jet when I switched it on, which was nice. Still a bit of noise with Yakuza 9 (digital), but I didn’t have to turn the volume up, it was just a present noise. 

About half way in Valhalla now I think, 50 hours in. I can see how I’m probably at a point where some people think it’s going to wrap up soon but actually it’s going to go on for another 50 hours, as I’d heard from impressions. I could see them being able to wrap it up not far from now,

just discovered my brothers severed arm and I’m going to get my allies to help raid Fulke’s area or whatever

, but apparently that isn’t what will happen and there’s a lot more. 

Im still okay with that, I was expecting around 100 hours going in so that’s fine, but what’s crazy is I feel like I’m skipping most side stuff and it’s still that long yeah. I’m nowhere near wanting it to end though so keep it coming. 

I did the cross over dlc with Alexandria and that was a lot of fun. It did make me want to play Odyssey again some day more so.

One other thing I am doing extra actually is I am raiding quite a bit (regular raiding not as much river raiding) and building the settlement. It’s a village now at level 5, I do find upgrading the home base pretty fun apparently. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I was expecting around 100 hours going in so that’s fine, but what’s crazy is I feel like I’m skipping most side stuff and it’s still that long yeah. I’m nowhere near wanting it to end though so keep it coming.

I skipped the majority of side content in Valhalla since a lot of it felt like filler to me, just focusing on the story content alone took me around 100 hours.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I did the cross over dlc with Alexandria and that was a lot of fun. It did make me want to play Odyssey again some day more so.

Who is Alexandria? Do you mean Kassandra?

10 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I skipped the majority of side content in Valhalla since a lot of it felt like filler to me, just focusing on the story content alone took me around 100 hours.

Who is Alexandria? Do you mean Kassandra?

Lol yes I meant Kassandra, total brain fart!

Ahhh I had so much fun this weekend in Valhalla though. I’m fine with only being half way done, I’m just enjoying my character and the world more as I go on still. 

15 hours ago, stepee said:

When I met her (Kassandra) in my game I haven't read/seen anything on it so it was a really cool surprise! Glad you're having fun because it is a great game overall.

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When I met her (Kassandra) in my game I haven't read/seen anything on it so it was a really cool surprise! Glad you're having fun because it is a great game overall.

You might need to go back some time! Where are you in it about?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

You might need to go back some time! Where are you in it about?

I think 80 hours but the story wasn't moving at the time I stopped. I was doing side quests and building up the camp too which added to the hours. I probably will never go back to it. 

6 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

In that case, I might play Valhalla again sooner rather than later. About how long is the Kassandra DLC?

It’s not super long, but it is a solid idk 3 hours or so? It’s like the same length as most of the main sagas I would say. It has a whole different region as well too though. Oh and there was probably side quest stuff, I’m only talking 3 hours for the main story. 

• Thanks 1