What are you playing today?

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1654268370
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Fight for your freedom in a sprawling fantasy world caught between the living and the fallen. Hone your skills in a retro epic featuring puzzle platforming, metroidvania exploration and crunchy soulslike combat.

love the art here but read it’s rly hard :(

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah, it’s brutal! That said, a guy has already made a mod for it that will let you set the enemy difficulty. I’m stubbornly trying to plow through though. First three bosses were hard than a souls fight. That said, if you slap the mod on on bet this would be an amazing steam deck game!

• True 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’m done with really hard games, I have neither the time nor patience for them anymore. I play games to have fun, and I’m not having fun if I have to struggle every step of the way through a game. Of course I like a challenge, but a reasonable one. That’s why I like difficulty settings in games, because I like to be able to choose a difficulty that suits me since my tolerance level for frustration is pretty damn low these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I’m done with really hard games, I have neither the time nor patience for them anymore. I play games to have fun, and I’m not having fun if I have to struggle every step of the way through a game. Of course I like a challenge, but a reasonable one. That’s why I like difficulty settings in games, because I like to be able to choose a difficulty that suits me since my tolerance level for frustration is pretty damn low these days.

Some things I’m fine with a decent difficulty, like platforming games, and I managed Elden Ring, but I also have a limit. If something is too frustrating and I can’t progress past a point for longer than like an hour, my chances of dropping your game is pretty high.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

If something is too frustrating and I can’t progress past a point for longer than like an hour, my chances of dropping your game is pretty high.

Yeah, I have too many games to play to spend an hour or longer stuck in one spot in a game without making any progress. Retrying certain areas or bosses a few times until I pass them is fine, but feeling like I’ve hit a brick wall no matter what I do isn’t.

• Like 1
  • True 1

Finally got all achievements in Elden Ring and I think it’s time to give it a break. Not sure what to get into next. Don’t really want another 100 hour rpg right now. Stepee is making me want to try Valhalla but that’s too long. I want to play Skyrim with all the AE content but that’s way too long. Want to try CP2077 with the patch. Someone mentioned Metro Exodus and I’ve been meaning to see the next gen patch on that too. 

• Like 1

Played a bunch of Valhalla this weekend, still having a great damn time. I’m pretty close to the end actually, probably another week or two I’ll have it beaten. Unless I decide to visit france/ireland as part of the play through. 

Also bought Clockwork Aquario on sale on eshop last night and played up to the end boss I think (lost there and ran out of credits). It’s a fun nice looking super colorful Mario 2ish platformer. It wouldn’t have been a classic had it released as planned in 93, but I think it would be remembered at least. You can just look at it and tell if you’ll enjoy it or not.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Played a bunch of Valhalla this weekend, still having a great damn time. I’m pretty close to the end actually, probably another week or two I’ll have it beaten. Unless I decide to visit france/ireland as part of the play through.

It’s funny that you say that you’re close to the end, but probably won’t finish it for another week or two. Usually close to the end means that you’ll finish a game in just a few more days. By the way, you should definitely visit Ireland because the Wrath of the Druids DLC is really good.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Also bought Clockwork Aquario on sale on eshop last night and played up to the end boss I think (lost there and ran out of credits). It’s a fun nice looking super colorful Mario 2ish platformer. It wouldn’t have been a classic had it released as planned in 93, but I think it would be remembered at least. You can just look at it and tell if you’ll enjoy it or not.

This looks like a really fun retro style 2D side scrolling platformer that would have come out for the Sega Saturn back in the day, I’m definitely going to buy it when it’s on sale.

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It’s funny that you say that you’re close to the end, but probably won’t finish it for another week or two. Usually close to the end means that you’ll finish a game in just a few more days. By the way, you should definitely visit Ireland because the Wrath of the Druids DLC is really good.

This looks like a really fun retro style 2D side scrolling platformer that would have come out for the Sega Saturn back in the day, I’m definitely going to buy it when it’s on sale.

Ok I might have to do Ireland then. I play it on weekdays on Xbox and pc on weekends so hopefully I can just beat it over the weekend.

So maybe 3 weeks more lol. I’m really in no rush to jump off it. I’m only 67 hours in but I’m pretty sure I’m near a part where if I wanted to I could knock it out in a weekend.

killed fluke

And yeah Clockwork is fun, definitely could have been a Saturn or 32x game graphically, super short though. But I’ll play it a few times and it was worth the $12 to check it out, $20 is much too high for what’s here.

I beat the rat boss in ER on the deck. I thought it was pretty locked at 30 fps at high but that is not the case. I will need to tweak the settings a bit. 

I also cheated Voltaire out of his money using card magic. Eat it loser. 

22 hours ago, Dodger said:

Finally got all achievements in Elden Ring and I think it’s time to give it a break. Not sure what to get into next. Don’t really want another 100 hour rpg right now. Stepee is making me want to try Valhalla but that’s too long. I want to play Skyrim with all the AE content but that’s way too long. Want to try CP2077 with the patch. Someone mentioned Metro Exodus and I’ve been meaning to see the next gen patch on that too. 

I'm honestly shocked you stuck with one character in Elden Ring long enough to get all the achievements.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Ok I might have to do Ireland then. I play it on weekdays on Xbox and pc on weekends so hopefully I can just beat it over the weekend.

So maybe 3 weeks more lol. I’m really in no rush to jump off it. I’m only 67 hours in but I’m pretty sure I’m near a part where if I wanted to I could knock it out in a weekend.

Reveal hidden contents

Why do you play it weekdays on Xbox Series X, and weekends on PC? Just curious. BTW, I didn’t even think that maybe you don’t have a lot of free time to play games and that’s why it could take you a week or longer to finish it even if you’re close to the end. But yeah, there’s no reason to rush to the finish line if you’re still enjoying it.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

And yeah Clockwork is fun, definitely could have been a Saturn or 32x game graphically, super short though. But I’ll play it a few times and it was worth the $12 to check it out, $20 is much too high for what’s here.

Yeah, $20 seems a little expensive for it to me so I plan on buying it when it’s on sale for $10 or less at the PS Store. Games are always going on sale there, so I’m hoping that it goes on sale soon.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

Why do you play it weekdays on Xbox Series X, and weekends on PC? Just curious. BTW, I didn’t even think that maybe you don’t have a lot of free time to play games and that’s why it could take you a week or longer to finish it even if you’re close to the end. But yeah, there’s no reason to rush to the finish line if you’re still enjoying it.

Yeah, $20 seems a little expensive for it to me so I plan on buying it when it’s on sale for $10 or less at the PS Store. Games are always going on sale there, so I’m hoping that it goes on sale soon.

I’m playing it that way because my pc is in the living room, where I also work, and don’t like sitting there after work especially with the pain. So after work I go to bed and play a bit on xsx before dinner. Then on weekends I like to play on the living room tv which is also better than my bedroom tv.

One thing really diving into Valhalla has taught me is that i still really fucking love the AC franchise.

As I said earlier in the thread I thought that was fading out after the heavy boat combat of AC3/4/Rogue but actually looking at the games since…I did like Unity when I finally got to playing it though it ran really well on pc by that point, Syndicate is maybe my favorite, Orgins is the the game tied with it for my favorite, I barely played Odyssey so no comment, and I’m loving Valhalla almost as much as Origins.

This is making me realize that yeah I need to play Odyssey because really I’ve basically  loved everything AC again for the last 8 years and I’m pretty sure that’ll carry over to Odyssey, maybe a good winter game.

I was super into AC, one of my favorite franchises up until AC3 so I’m glad that looking at it now, it went back on course for me into still being one of my favs.

edit: Pleeeeease don’t ruin this with live service/crypto :(

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

One thing really diving into Valhalla has taught me is that i still really fucking love the AC franchise.

As I said earlier in the thread I thought that was fading out after the heavy boat combat of AC3/4/Rogue but actually looking at the games since…I did like Unity when I finally got to playing it though it ran really well on pc by that point, Syndicate is maybe my favorite, Orgins is the the game tied with it for my favorite, I barely played Odyssey so no comment, and I’m loving Valhalla almost as much as Origins.

This is making me realize that yeah I need to play Odyssey because really I’ve basically  loved everything AC again for the last 8 years and I’m pretty sure that’ll carry over to Odyssey, maybe a good winter game.

I was super into AC, one of my favorite franchises up until AC3 so I’m glad that looking at it now, it went back on course for me into still being one of my favs.

edit: Pleeeeease don’t ruin this with live service/crypto :(

Definitely play Odyssey because it's fucking great. It's even more massive than Valhalla so as you mentioned, check it out later in the year. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Definitely play Odyssey because it's fucking great. It's even more massive than Valhalla so as you mentioned, check it out later in the year. 

I wish that one had cross save like Valhalla has BUT I own the deluxe version of it on pc with all the dlc and portable AC on my deck sounds good too!

11 hours ago, stepee said:

You already know how much that I like Odyssey, but there are Assassin’s Creed fans who don’t like it because it’s the least like an AC game in the series. And I also think that some of them dislike it because they played as Alexios instead of as Kassandra which would make anyone dislike it. :p It does have some ship sailing and combat in it, but I actually like it unlike I did in previous AC games that had it. It’s more streamlined, and fun IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

You already know how much that I like Odyssey, but there are Assassin’s Creed fans who don’t like it because it’s the least like an AC game in the series. And I also think that some of them dislike it because they played as Alexios instead of as Kassandra which would make anyone dislike it. :p It does have some ship sailing and combat in it, but I actually like it unlike I did in previous AC games that had it. It’s more streamlined, and fun IMO.

My biggest problem with odyssey was the forced leveling between main missions. I hated that. I thought Valhalla handled it a lot better. But Kassandra is definitely the best choice in that game, by far.