What are you playing today?

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

just looked the trailer up on Youtube... I never heard of this but now I'm interested.

If you like other zombie apocalypse games such as Dead Nation, How to Survive and State of Decay, then I think that you will like it. It has a somewhat unique premise, and a fun gameplay loop.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, you can pretend its funny, but come end of year, Elden Ring is snagging every major goty award out there, and it won't be close.

Dragon Age Inquisition won majority of the GOTY awards. People can be wrong

You Are Wrong Win GIF

14 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Dragon Age Inquisition won majority of the GOTY awards. People can be wrong

You Are Wrong Win GIF

Not that I disagree because Dragon Age Inquisition was ultimately a dissappointement for me even though I DID enjoy it, what did it beat out that year? 2014 right?

18 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

If you like other zombie apocalypse games such as Dead Nation, How to Survive and State of Decay, then I think that you will like it. It has a somewhat unique premise, and a fun gameplay loop.

i LOVE the State of Decay series especially State Of Decay2 and had to force myself not to start another community after beating it for the 3rd time this fall. Right up my alley.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not that I disagree because Dragon Age Inquisition was ultimately a dissappointement for me even though I DID enjoy it, what did it beat out that year? 2014 right?

2014 was a weak year anyway, it was like "I guess we gotta pick something"

Dark Souls II (OG)

Bayonetta 2

Destiny 1

Shadow of Mordor

South Park The Stick of Truth

Wolfenstein The New Order

Far Cry 4

Titanfall 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yea 2014. Other big games that year were Bayonetta 2, Dark Souls 2, Shadow of Mordor, Shovel Knight, Stick of Truth (my personal pick), Destiny, The Evil Within, Diablo 3, Sunset Overdrive, Hearthstone, and Divinity Original Sin. 

Not a great year but it was weird to see it win so many awards. You would thought to see more diversity. 

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

2014 was a weak year anyway, it was like "I guess we gotta pick something"

Dark Souls II (OG)

Bayonetta 2

Destiny 1

Shadow of Mordor

South Park The Stick of Truth

Wolfenstein The New Order

Far Cry 4

Titanfall 1

Yeah I see several games on that list that deserved GOTY more than Inquisition. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, you can pretend its funny, but come end of year, Elden Ring is snagging every major goty award out there, and it won't be close.

This. Elden Ring is one of best games I ever played. 70 hours in and it continues to surprise and deliver. 

Finally started playing GT7 on my PS5. Looks pretty mostly but at times it looks really bland. No texture detail really on parked transport trucks. Just look like plain rectangular boxes of mostly white and nothing really else. I would hazard to say with my limited playtime (3hrs) that FH5 looks better from a gameplay standpoint but no denying the controller is a real selling point for this game. You feel the bumps, tight corners and especially wet surfaces. Probably put some more game time into tonight after work

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

You haven't even played it lol. It requires a lot of time so I'm assuming that's why you're ignoring it? 

I made a playful comment about Kirby being the GOTY and next thing I know, you weirdos are drawing me into a GOTY conversation in March. I’ll play it after I finish HZD. 

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I made a playful comment about Kirby being the GOTY and next thing I know, you weirdos are drawing me into a GOTY conversation in March. I’ll play it after I finish HZD. 

lol people really not understanding kirby will be GOAT in this thread huh? Also two sequels to previous GOTY winners are currently scheduled for this year so saying it’s like no questions asked Elden will 100% be the GoTY from all critics is silly.

• True 1

13 hours ago, silentbob said:

Finally started playing GT7 on my PS5. Looks pretty mostly but at times it looks really bland. No texture detail really on parked transport trucks. Just look like plain rectangular boxes of mostly white and nothing really else. I would hazard to say with my limited playtime (3hrs) that FH5 looks better from a gameplay standpoint but no denying the controller is a real selling point for this game. You feel the bumps, tight corners and especially wet surfaces. Probably put some more game time into tonight after work

I’m playing on a 55” LG Oled and it looks fantastic to me

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, silentbob said:

And I agree the Dualsense controller enhances this game soooo much. 

18 hours ago, silentbob said:

I tend to agree - without the comparison point to Forza (haven't played). 

You can tell the vast majority of the effort was put into the cars. Which look incredible. Some of the really lush areas look good with weather effects, and overall the environments look pretty good, but when you stop squinting your eyes and look at some of the detail (some of the panning shots pre-race for example), and it looks pretty bland in spots. 

I really dig the overall vibe of the game though. Chill and just almost a reverence for cars lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Last week, I finished Doom Eternal on Switch (a Masterclass in Switch ports I might add), and now continuing with Ass Creed Unity on PC, plus just started diving into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Gotta get ready for the new waves of tracks coming out over the next year, you know?

Also excited to have more tracks for the grandkids to race on but, aren't the "NEW" tracks just old tracks being remade? I have the Online service +booster but I'm buying the tracks so that I can drop the +sub after this one expires!

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

Also excited to have more tracks for the grandkids to race on but, aren't the "NEW" tracks just old tracks being remade? I have the Online service +booster but I'm buying the tracks so that I can drop the +sub after this one expires!

All the 48 tracks included in Booster Pass are existing tracks "remastered" from earlier games, some of which from the more recent MK Tour as well. Depending on your experience with MK in years past, however, that could be a good, or bad thing. For me, I haven't really dived into a MK game since MK64, so all those tracks from GCN, Wii, 3DS, and MK Tour will all be new to me.

Still, for 25 bucks, 6 waves of content, each wave including two new GP Cups + 8 tracks, it's I think a hell of a deal for DLC. And since I bought MK8D just last week during the MAR10 sale, altogether, I'm spending just a smidge over the amount of the full price the game normally would cost. It comes out to a little over 2 dollars per wave in the end over the course of into 2023. If you're a fan of MK8D, you almost can't not buy it imo.

22 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

All the 48 tracks included in Booster Pass are existing tracks "remastered" from earlier games, some of which from the more recent MK Tour as well. Depending on your experience with MK in years past, however, that could be a good, or bad thing. For me, I haven't really dived into a MK game since MK64, so all those tracks from GCN, Wii, 3DS, and MK Tour will all be new to me.

Still, for 25 bucks, 6 waves of content, each wave including two new GP Cups + 8 tracks, it's I think a hell of a deal for DLC. And since I bought MK8D just last week during the MAR10 sale, altogether, I'm spending just a smidge over the amount of the full price the game normally would cost. It comes out to a little over 2 dollars per wave in the end over the course of into 2023. If you're a fan of MK8D, you almost can't not buy it imo.

Not dissing in any way, I'll be getting them and I haven't played any Mario kart other than the 64 version and M8 so they will be nice, I was just stating what I read!

Didn't know about the sale but I waited and waited for a very long time to get in at a sale price {Mario Kart 8} but finally caved! I owned it once before but lost almost my entire library of switch games in the Camp Fire. I had almost all games in cartridge form, I have no rethought my whole idea of physical vs Digital trust me. I bought it for 49.99 and it's the game the kids and grand kids play the most. I only had Breath of the Wild in the switch and it was thrown in the truck was the only reason I had any AAA titles for the switch post FIRE :cool:.  I bought the Booster pack because of the courses and the N64 emulations but after seeing what they offer the online pack was enough for me thus making me now have to buy the DLC because correct me plz if I'm wrong, don't you have to have the complete online sub plus booster to even play them? Kind of like games with gold, drop the sub lose the games unlike the PS+ games. I always liked that Sony let you keep them. Not that I'm dropping Game pass or PS+ anytime soon!

17 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Not dissing in any way, I'll be getting them and I haven't played any Mario kart other than the 64 version and M8 so they will be nice, I was just stating what I read!

Didn't know about the sale but I waited and waited for a very long time to get in at a sale price {Mario Kart 8} but finally caved! I owned it once before but lost almost my entire library of switch games in the Camp Fire. I had almost all games in cartridge form, I have no rethought my whole idea of physical vs Digital trust me. I bought it for 49.99 and it's the game the kids and grand kids play the most. I only had Breath of the Wild in the switch and it was thrown in the truck was the only reason I had any AAA titles for the switch post FIRE :cool:.  I bought the Booster pack because of the courses and the N64 emulations but after seeing what they offer the online pack was enough for me thus making me now have to buy the DLC because correct me plz if I'm wrong, don't you have to have the complete online sub plus booster to even play them? Kind of like games with gold, drop the sub lose the games unlike the PS+ games. I always liked that Sony let you keep them. Not that I'm dropping Game pass or PS+ anytime soon!

To play MK8 online, you must have an NSO subscription, which is typical for all Switch titles. For playing MK8D Booster Pass online though, only ONE person in your online group is required to have it.

Relevant bit at the bottom of the page:

Can I play courses included on the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass online even if I haven't purchased the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass and I am not a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack member?

As long as at least one of the players you are matched with online has access to the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass, it is possible to play on one of the included courses if players vote for it.

A Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) is required to play online, and your Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game must be updated to the latest software version.

I needed something to distract me from Elden Ring for a bit. I tried Tunic, thanks to the surprise Game Pass release. It’s charming, but I don’t know if it’s something I’ll stick with. I can’t really articulate what it is, but something about the way it plays is bugging me. 

I started playing Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance, and I’ve been enjoying it. I’m playing as Catti-Brie the archer, and she has good ranged and melee attacks.

The game is a rather linear action focused third person dungeon crawler with an emphasis on combat and looting, there’s some platforming and traps as well that make the levels more interesting.

It kind of reminds me of a game that would have come out during the PS3/Xbox 360 console generation. It’s similar to Golden Axe: Beast Rider from that time which I really liked.