What are you playing today?

On 3/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, stepee said:

lol people really not understanding kirby will be GOAT in this thread huh? Also two sequels to previous GOTY winners are currently scheduled for this year so saying it’s like no questions asked Elden will 100% be the GoTY from all critics is silly.

Nah, this is GotY. GoW and BotW will not beat this.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Death’s Door while I take a break from Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair’s last level.

I loved that game so much but I never beat the last level, I think they toned it down to make it easier but I was kinda okay with just doing everything else. The over world was my favorite for a 2d platformer since Mario World. I think it’s better than either retro DKC game.

I started playing Hunted: The Demon’s Forge, and I’ve been enjoying it. It’s a third person action game with a dark fantasy setting, and two different characters that you can play as. The story and banter between the two protagonists is entertaining, and the combat is fun.

I’ve played a bit of Skyward Sword HD. Unfortunately, it’s in a faffy bit where I’ve had to collect some spirit things, then get another thing, to go through an area to find a dragon, to be told to get another thing. None of it has been overly fun either.

At least it all leads to some quality dungeon action. 

Update: completed the ancient cistern - have to say the boss was a walkover using ‘normal’ controls. Now back to some more faff.

Also played a bit of RE3, Nemesis appeared, I died - I’ll come back to it. It’s definitely a game that would benefit from being completed in one go - if only to remember how to get about the map quickly. A few days off and I’ll be damned if I know how to get to the Subway Office.

Dark Souls Remastered on Steamdeck. Im planning on playing the whole series, and Demon's Souls. Ive already beaten Bloodborne and its DLC, and Sekiro. 

Elden Ring on SD as well.  I have beaten it on ps5, but im at the point where my drift is so bad, I couldn't stand it. I wish I could use an xbox series x controller on PS5 so badly. My new controller is scheduled for delivery monday. So I started over on my new toy with a faith/str build this time.

• Sicko 1

Voice of Cards on switch. I didn't get around to playing the demo until recently and loved it so I purchased the first game, will most likely get the second story once I finish it. I think what made me so interested in the game is it reminded me of Wild Cards for the Wonderswan.

22 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

Briefly tried Aperture Desk Job, but while it doesn't require a Steam Deck to play it, they didn't put much effort into making easy to play without one.

Yeah it's really a tech demo for the steam deck, you're losing out on a lot if you're not playing it on one.

I started playing Warhammer: Chaosbane, and it seems like a pretty good Diablo III clone so far. It’s an isometric view dungeon crawler where you kill onslaughts of enemies, and collect lots of loot. It has RPG elements too such as leveling up, and unlocking skills. The story is generic dark fantasy and there doesn’t seem to be much character development, but the graphics, gameplay and level designs are all fairly good.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's fantastic and I know you're playing on a great display!

I played Elden Ring and Forbidden West today. 

Yeah, I'm loving the new TV. Husband is usually right about these things. :p

I plan to finally try out Horizon soon. I've had it a while, but playing it on PS5 is appealing. If I like it, I'll get the sequel.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I'm loving the new TV. Husband is usually right about these things. :p

I plan to finally try out Horizon soon. I've had it a while, but playing it on PS5 is appealing. If I like it, I'll get the sequel.

Wait, you've had Forbidden West for a while or HZD? 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'd skip ZD and just play Forbidden West.

That’s not good advice IMO. Zero Dawn is a great game, and Forbidden West is a direct continuation to it. I personally think that it’s somewhat vital to play Zero Dawn before Forbidden West because it’s the first part of the story, and since it’s really good I don’t see any reason why not to.

19 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

That’s not good advice IMO. Zero Dawn is a great game, and Forbidden West is a direct continuation to it. I personally think that it’s somewhat vital to play Zero Dawn before Forbidden West because it’s the first part of the story, and since it’s really good I don’t see any reason why not to.

I mean I basically forgot about everything in Zero Dawn when I booted up the game. They explain pretty much everything about the first game in great detail imo in the introduction area's. So no, I don't agree that you need to play Zero Dawn to understand and appreciate Forbidden West. :Dunno:

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

I mean I basically forgot about everything in Zero Dawn when I booted up the game. They explain pretty much everything about the first game in great detail imo in the introduction area's. So no, I don't agree that you need to play Zero Dawn to understand and appreciate Forbidden West. :Dunno:

Forbidden West is a direct continuation to Zero Dawn, not just a sequel with its own separate standalone story which is why I personally feel that it’s kind of important to play Zero Dawn first. Regardless, Zero Dawn is a great game in its own right so I’m not sure why you would tell someone to skip it.