What are you playing today?

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

You could just YouTube the story and get right back into Forbidden West. 

Watching a story recap video just isn’t the same as actually playing through the entire game again. This also gives me an excuse to play The Frozen Wilds expansion that I didn’t the first time that I played the game.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

Watching a story recap video just isn’t the same as actually playing through the entire game again. This also gives me an excuse to play The Frozen Wilds expansion that I didn’t the first time that I played the game.

You might get all Horizon'd out though and not enjoy Forbidden West. That's just me though. 

• True 1

Right now I only have my shitty laptop to play games on, so I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley. There's a lot of endgame content that's been added since the last time I did a full run through.

I still love that the creator of that game has never made anyone pay for extra content. It just gets added to the game. And he could have comfortably retired off the money he made from Stardew Valley, but he didn't, and he's making a new game. It shows that he does it because it's what he loves to do.

Got the Megaman X collections for switch on sale for $10 each which I felt was fair at $20 for the whole collection, I wish it was just one app with the two combined still but whatevas. I beat X4 which is my favorite Megaman that I’ve played and played a little X2. I never played 5-8 and hear terrible things so I’m curious.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Got the Megaman X collections for switch on sale for $10 each which I felt was fair at $20 for the whole collection, I wish it was just one app with the two combined still but whatevas. I beat X4 which is my favorite Megaman that I’ve played and played a little X2. I never played 5-8 and hear terrible things so I’m curious.

I enjoyed 5 & 6, 1-4 are better but 5 & 6 aren't bad. 7 sucks so bad I stopped playing it and I couldn't get into 8 either. I might attempt 7 & 8 again at some point but it's not a priority.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:37 AM, dualhunter said:

I enjoyed 5 & 6, 1-4 are better but 5 & 6 aren't bad. 7 sucks so bad I stopped playing it and I couldn't get into 8 either. I might attempt 7 & 8 again at some point but it's not a priority.

Yeah I meant actually to more specify 7-8 I heard bad things for. 5-6 are ones I’ve been wanting to play that I will now. Played some 7 last night, using the oh so handy easy mode Capcom added for this collection and it’s umm interesting lol. The kinda full 3D sections are so flat but almost work actually but I can see how playing on normal this would be tough. So far weirdly I haven’t gotten to even see Megaman in it after a few levels.

I beat Megaman X7 and it’s pretty bad but not as bad as I thought. It’s more of a 3D Megaman than I thought it would be, about half of it is at least. That’s where most of the problems come in as you can’t control the camera so you are just fighting that more than anything else. I imagine it’s an extremely frustrating experience without the easy mode. As a curiosity I think it’s a real fun play through on the collection using easy mode though.

I tried some X6 last night but I’m going to go back and play the older ones first, but so far that actually seems the worst so far lol. It feels like it would be impossible without easy mode, really cheap.

Oh I’m also playing this cheap 3d indie platformer that’s kind of a 3D World clone called Mail Mole. It’s really well done and a lot of fun for $10 if you like this sorta thing. I’ve tried a bunch of them because I’m always looking for an overlooked 3D platformer and honestly most of the indie ones aren’t very good. This is actually quite solid and would recommend. Someone like @GameDadGrant would probably like it.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Oh I’m also playing this cheap 3d indie platformer that’s kind of a 3D World clone called Mail Mole. It’s really well done and a lot of fun for $10 if you like this sorta thing. I’ve tried a bunch of them because I’m always looking for an overlooked 3D platformer and honestly most of the indie ones aren’t very good. This is actually quite solid and would recommend. Someone like @GameDadGrant would probably like it.

I think maybe I saw this? I’ll keep an eye out for it, regardless! 

I decided to stop playing Horizon Zero Dawn since I’m not in the mood to play a big open world game right now, especially one that I’ve already played before. I was enjoying it more this time than I originally did, but a lot of it was feeling familiar as well. And replaying it again along with its DLC, and then starting Horizon Forbidden West right after it was a little more than I wanted to tackle right now.

I started playing a cartoonish top-down view 16-bit style pixel art action adventure game called Arietta of Spirits, and I’m enjoying it. It’s a cute Zelda type game with a decent story, characters, combat and adventuring with good pacing.

I started playing Tormented Souls, and I really like it so far. It’s a retro style survival horror game almost identical to Resident Evil Remake in design structure, visual style, presentation, menus and even music. It takes place in a dark and disturbing claustrophobic mansion, and has fixed camera angles, tank controls, limited ammo combat, key item puzzles, tape recording reels for saving and plenty of jump scares.

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

Elden Ring

Gran Turismo 7

WarZone

How is GT7? I haven't picked it up yet, but I definitely will in the future. 

I hope they add VR support whenever they launch psvr2, because vr racing with my flight/racing seat would be absolutely incredible, even though I hate setting it up. Although with VR, I wouldn't need it directly in front of the tv.

Preparing for the final dungeon in FFVI. I had some really bad luck with an encounter that is supposed to be 1/16 (never had a problem on the SNES version but from what I remember it took me a while on the GBA version too) but took well over 200 battles to encounter one. I equipped the cursed shield which takes 256 battles to remove the curse and fought a few battles before going to the cave on the Veldt. Naturally within a few battles after encountering one I encountered a second (still averages to worse than 1/100 which is nowhere near 1/16) and then 1 or 2 battles after that the curse was removed from the shield. Then I went and fought Deathgaze and spammed Phantom Rush and Ultima (learned while trying to get the bestiary entry) to take him out in a single encounter.

8 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Elden Ring and Pokemon Arceus 

Just similar enough in their being 3rd person games that the controls always take me a few mins to adjust to. 

The worst was Forbidden West to Elden Ring. I was drinking potions accidentally every single time I wanted to crouch.

I finished Tormented Souls and was still in a classic survival horror mood, so I started playing Resident Evil Remake. I haven’t played it since back on the GameCube when it originally came out, and I never finished it. It still holds up well today, and I’m enjoying it.

So Chocobo GP’s pricing model is some absolute bullshit. $50 game with a battle pass day can piss off. But! The free version lets you compete in the multiplayer GP mode on all tracks all you want it seems. So if you don’t mind being limited to three characters then it’s worth a download. It’s a fun little kart racer with tracks just a bit too short. But it controls really well imo and is pleasant looking on switch portable. The power ups are like all OP and I’m okay with that.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

So Chocobo GP’s pricing model is some absolute bullshit. $50 game with a battle pass day can piss off. But! The free version lets you compete in the multiplayer GP mode on all tracks all you want it seems. So if you don’t mind being limited to three characters then it’s worth a download. It’s a fun little kart racer with tracks just a bit too short. But it controls really well imo and is pleasant looking on switch portable. The power ups are like all OP and I’m okay with that.

Square doing a pretty good job ruining their games with GAAS stuff these days.