What are you playing today?

Death's Door is making uts way into my top 10 games of last year. This game is just fun. It's also very challenging, but not punishingly so. Its a cool little Zelda/Souls game with a lot of charm. 

I Don't know what Acid Nerve's intention is, but I would absolutely love to see them get the budget to really build this out. The world in this game is very fun to explore.

I stopped playing Iconoclasts despite enjoying it because the puzzles became a little too complex and intricate for me. I like figuring out clever and creative puzzles in games, but they’re a little too dominant in this one IMO.

I started playing Bladed Fury, Blazing Chrome, Fight’N Rage and Raging Justice. They’re all pretty cool throwbacks to retro arcade games. Bladed Fury is a side scrolling hack-and-slash, Blazing Chrome is basically Contra and Fight’N Rage and Raging Justice are co-op beat ‘em ups.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:00 AM, Phaseknox said:

started playing Bladed Fury, Blazing Chrome, Fight’N Rage and Raging Justice. They’re all pretty cool throwbacks to retro arcade games. Bladed Fury is a side scrolling hack-and-slash, Blazing Chrome is basically Contra and Fight’N Rage and Raging Justice are co-op beat ‘em ups.

I've seen Raging Justice but never heard of Fighting Rage.

Skyward Sword HD - it’s not a great game, but I’m about 7 hours in and don’t want it to be a game I abandon. I should also say that it’s not a bad game and I like to play it, but I don’t exactly have the desire to put it on compared to say, The Last of Us 2 where I literally thought about playing the game when I wasn’t.

27 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Skyward Sword HD - it’s not a great game, but I’m about 7 hours in and don’t want it to be a game I abandon. I should also say that it’s not a bad game and I like to play it, but I don’t exactly have the desire to put it on compared to say, The Last of Us 2 where I literally thought about playing the game when I wasn’t.

I enjoyed it immensely.  It was my first time playing it though since I haven’t had a Nintendo system since n64.

last night I finally beat the mirror challenge in armax arena on insanity (mass effect 3).  I don’t think I ever did the arena stuff way back when. Took me longer than I care to admit!

Restarted Divinity Original Sin 2, never beat my first play through. Game oozes quality though and I’m excited to play it. Trying to get my buds into some deep rock. Beat black mesa the other day, beat storm blood the other day, still playing FF14 when I’m in the mood, just feel like I’m perpetually trying to catch up in it (which is true). 

Have a game of Kentucky route zero going to wind down at night (that vs reading dune right now). Also started aria of sorrow. 

As always way too many irons in the fire but I’m making progress. 

Baldur’s Gate 2 Enhanced Edition- I finally got into it. The animations took a lot of getting used to, but the background artist work holds up. The story is decent and the world is filled with stuff to do. I have played a lot of modern crpgs like Pillars 1 &2, Pathfinder kingmaker, torment tides of numenera , tyranny, so I wanted to see how an old one would be and bg2 is good shit, even to this day if you can get past the graphics and clunky ad&d2 rules. 

55 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I have all of these in my backlog, how are they?

I like all of them, but I really enjoy isomeric crpgs, so results may vary.

Pillars 1 has a lot of walls of text so be ready. Pillars 2 should be more widely praised by gamers. It really is great and they improved on every aspect of 1.  

Torment has a great setting and is shorter.

Kingmaker feels a lot like bg2 except with the king/queen mechanics; it’s especially obvious since I played pathfinder right before bg2.

Tyranny is probably one of my favorite crpgs because you get to be on team evil. I actually like the ending unlike some that felt it was rushed. I wish we could get a sequel but since the ip belongs to paradox it probably won’t happen in crpg form. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Husband and I are going to play Punisher on the candy cab tonight. He got his Mistercade up and running.

I imagine I'll also get some time in with Far Cry 6.

Nice. I can’t wait to get my Steam deck and have a full CPS1/2/3 collection on a portable. I’ve been really into playing beat ‘em ups on Switch oled, but there aren’t too many great old school options after the Capcom beat ‘em up collection.