~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

20 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I realize theres a lot of systemic problems with Obesity, but it's definitely something we should be tackling. The government did nothing to promote physical well-being during the worst of the pandemic. We should have been encouraging fitness and exercise outdoors, not JUST mask up and wait for vaccine to save you. North America is very sick. Almost 35% are considered obese, and over half are overweight. The answer isn't just more medication. 

I don’t think obesity in America can be fixed at this point. If good health isn’t enough of an excuse, then can anything make someone change their diet? We are surrounded by easy access food that is just carbs, sodium, and fat.  For some people it starts when they are toddlers.  My wife used to work at a fancy pre school for many years (they also had all day kindergarten there). You should have seen what half of the 4-5 year old kids were packing for lunch- I should say parents were packing their kids for lunch. A normal lunch for some was: salty chips/crackers, a hot dog, animal cookies, fruit snacks, and a juice box. Everyday. All these habits stick with a kid and they go on to be 200-250lbs in high school. And by the time they are 30-40 years old with kids they are 250-300lbs+. 

We also have sedentary lifestyles due in part to the suburban hellscape We have built for most people where you don’t need to walk anywhere to do anything. I saw this happen in real time as I moved from an apartment in the city to a suburban style home. I have to make more of an effort to get a similar number of steps as I did before. 

and like most things nowadays obesity is correlated with educational attainment so there’s some more good news

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Super cool. Everyone in the house is vaccinated, except my girls. Now that toddlers can be vaccinated, I scheduled appointments for them a week ago for the soonest available which is later this week. Very cool then that I let me youngest go to a birthday party last weekend. A party where another parent brought their sick kid to, and now my two girls that share a bedroom have COVID. Mfer couldn't wait just one week? Youngest got nothing more than a runny nose, but my autistic girl caught it pretty bad. 100°+ fever all last night and is still rocking 99° fever. I swear she screams like I'm trying to murder her everytime I come up with a tissue to clean her nose. Super cool of parents to still be taking this stuff lightly.

• Sad 5

original.jpg
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

In the face of government inaction, the country’s best chance at keeping the crisis from spiraling relies on everyone to keep caring.

In the face of government inaction, the country’s best chance at keeping the crisis from spiraling relies on everyone to keep caring.

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

It's a really quite a good article despite that unfortunate framing.

Blah. I guess there's no easy way to take care of toddlers with COVID without catching it yourself. I feel like shit. At least I still have my taste right now. Last night sucked with a pretty bad fever, but yay for vaccines. I'm mostly better now. Just some shortness of breath and aches from a night of cold sweats.

My middle girl had it the worst, but she also got over it really quick. Went from 103° to perfectly healthy and dancing after a sleeping for nearly 20 hours straight. She's like a videogame character.

My youngest never got a fever, but she's still feeling crummy. Just overall unhappy with life. No fever or cough. Just body aches, an upset stomach, and a runny nose.

I still don't know how my oldest has made it through this all unscathed. He is vaccinated, but he's just bragging at this point. He even made me record a video for grandma because he wanted her to know that everyone at home is sick, but he feels great.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

So we got the cause and now I want a solution to it damn it. I just had 2 CT Scans over the past 2 weeks and found nothing. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to figure out my lack of appetite and still waiting on the results almost 3 weeks later. At least we’re getting somewhere for us long haulers, but still sadly a long way to go.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The first time I got COVID I had a lingering cough for months. I'm pretty sure I got it again at the very beginning of this month even though I tested negative. I have that lingering cough again.

I had covid back in April. Still have an annoying cough. It's not debilitating in any way, it's like I feel a tickle in my throat that makes me have to let out a weak, dry cough

Kids in the house are all better. Adults are not. I just want to sleep for the next few days. I've barely got the strength to wipe butts and make sure perfectly healthy kids don't climb the fridge for some sky diving. Ordering no contact delivery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because nobody has the strength to stand up and cook even a microwavable meal sure is fucking expensive. How is a $6 Happy Meal $11 when delivered?

• Like 1

220629173152-pfizer-vaccine-file-restric
WWW.CNN.COM

The Biden administration has reached an agreement to purchase 105 million doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, the US Department of Health and Human Services announced Wednesday.

The Biden administration has reached an agreement to purchase 105 million doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, the US Department of Health and Human Services announced Wednesday.

The agreement, set for fall vaccinations, includes "options for up to 300 million doses," the agency said in a news release, and adds up to a $3.2 billion contract.

The purchase includes both child and adult vaccines, and may be delivered by early fall, the agency said.

vaccine-1-5624223-1634296466179.png
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Germany's BioNTech, Pfizer's partner in COVID-19 vaccines, said the two companies would start tests on humans of next-generation shots that protect against a wide variety of coronaviruses in the second half of the year.

Germany's BioNTech, Pfizer's partner in COVID-19 vaccines, said the two companies would start tests on humans of next-generation shots that protect against a wide variety of coronaviruses in the second half of the year.

Their experimental work on shots that go beyond the current approach include T-cell-enhancing shots, designed to primarily protect against severe disease if the virus becomes more dangerous, and pan-coronavirus shots that protect against the broader family of viruses and its mutations.

In presentation slides posted on BioNTech's website for its investor day, the German biotech firm said its aim was to "provide durable variant protection."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
220629173152-pfizer-vaccine-file-restric
WWW.CNN.COM

Hopefully the contract covers updated boosters.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Kids in the house are all better. Adults are not. I just want to sleep for the next few days. I've barely got the strength to wipe butts and make sure perfectly healthy kids don't climb the fridge for some sky diving. Ordering no contact delivery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because nobody has the strength to stand up and cook even a microwavable meal sure is fucking expensive. How is a $6 Happy Meal $11 when delivered?

Hey. You’ve fucking got this man. 

35 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hey. You’ve fucking got this man. 

As long as the kids don't get used to dad haphazardly throwing a bag of nuggets and cheeseburgers in their general direction before nearly passing out on the couch next to them.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I went to Carl's Jr. the other day and it was just $18 for a combo meal and chicken stars. I don't think I'll be going back for a while.

Inflation doesn't seem to have hit Wendy's yet. A kids meal there is only $5 in person and $6.50 delivered. None of that McDonald's we'll charge you a 100% premium for some cardboard and a Buzz Lightyear toy bullshit.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
AdobeStock_90015597.jpeg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

With a long weekend filled with holiday gatherings ahead, L.A. is nearing the point where it will reimpose indoor public mask restrictions.

A friend of mine is doing this party boat thing in Marina del Rey on Monday. I was like, uh, that sounds way too crowded even if it's outside. Plus I'm going to Vancouver a week from tomorrow and even with the mandatory COVID testing not in effect in both directions (I think Canada has even suspended the mandatory random on-arrival testing) I'm not rolling the dice on getting COVID right before I go out of the country.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

superspreader event

2phmpvbmz2991.jpg?overlay-align=bottom,l
OLD.REDDIT.COM

Posted in r/LosAngeles by u/dabunnyking • 219 points and 88 comments

I normally can't smell pictures, but that picture looks like horrible B.O. personified, thankfully the COVID will block it out for people there, I guess.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jason said:

COVID-immunity-1.png
NATIONALPOST.COM

The study, and others like it, is offering insights into an enduring debate over the risk of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection among the unvaccinated, a debate as…

Something about what she's saying just doesn't track with the evidence. Which, I guess is par for Taylor and her reporting. 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:55 PM, Jason said:

superspreader event

2phmpvbmz2991.jpg?overlay-align=bottom,l
OLD.REDDIT.COM

Posted in r/LosAngeles by u/dabunnyking • 219 points and 88 comments

I mean, life has to start again sooner or later. I know you have this strong fear of covid, but life goes on for the rest of the world.