~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Feeling slightly feverishy but the thermometer is showing a perfectly normal temperature so I'm thinking my head is just starting to feel fuzzy from only getting four hours of sleep. I'm on an immunosuppressant for my ulcerative colitis so I called my doctor and am playing it safe with a paxlovid prescription.

I hope you feel better soon!

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Are we the only 3 on this board that haven't gotten Covid (that we know of)?

I still haven’t gotten it but I’m sure it’s only a question of when since my little one will start daycare in 2 weeks. :s 

16 minutes ago, Comet said:

Okay who’s making the D1P Deadpool? I mean COVID-pool

edit - I want to see who here hasn’t gotten it that has kids. Two kids a teacher for a spouse, I stood no chance but lasted two years!

I didn't get it during two months dating a chick who was working as an emergency room social worker, but one weekend in British Columbia... 

2 hours ago, Comet said:

Okay who’s making the D1P Deadpool? I mean COVID-pool

edit - I want to see who here hasn’t gotten it that has kids. Two kids a teacher for a spouse, I stood no chance but lasted two years!

Two kids and wife soon will not be a teacher any more. No covid here. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:28 PM, TUFKAK said:

I’m vaccinated, boosted and recovered.

since my infection I’ve dealt with something called expressive aphasia, @CastlevaniaNut18can go further into that concept, and it’s beyond frustrating. Simple concepts to express become things I miss. 

renovating my house id routinely not be able to say the room I want to work on despite knowing what it was etc. 

When I was infected it was a minor cold, now I’m here.

It’s insanely frustrating especially since I know what this means.

I had no idea who you were when you made this post.

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear. Hope you're doing okay otherwise. It's been a few years.

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

More covid cases at work, though the ones I'm seeing aren't that sick and going home after a night or two.

Had out first monkey pox case this week. Young gay male who works as a flight attendant.

He shouldn't have fucked that monkey then

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

More covid cases at work, though the ones I'm seeing aren't that sick and going home after a night or two.

Had out first monkey pox case this week. Young gay male who works as a flight attendant.

Anecdotally that’s the majority of what we’re seeing in that particular pathology as well here in SF. To the point I don’t bother with gowns and airborne iso when I treat them.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I had no idea who you were when you made this post.

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear. Hope you're doing okay otherwise. It's been a few years.

Yeah other than that life is great, I’m adjusting to the annoyance and no need for cts yet. Randomly it never really presents when I’m at work; it’s a weird presentation.

update in the CEB in regards to my life too.

covid-19_20210222123324_123rf_7.jpg?Wr0R
APPS.THEEDGEMARKETS.COM

The freezer compartment in the refrigerator could be the reason people catch Covid-19 a month from now, a new study has warned. In a study released on Tuesday (July 12), researchers found that the virus can survive within various meat products people keep in their refrigerators or freezers for more than 30 days.

So uh is it a dick move to go for a walk outside while COVID positive? I obviously wouldn't linger right up on top of anyone but there's really nowhere for me to go for a walk where I won't be passing people on the sidewalk. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

So uh is it a dick move to go for a walk outside while COVID positive? I obviously wouldn't linger right up on top of anyone but there's really nowhere for me to go for a walk where I won't be passing people on the sidewalk. 

Depends. Are you prepared for a situation where you cannot avoid contact with others? If you're positive and out walking, take an N95 in case you will be passing by anyone. There is little chance you will pass it to someone else while outside, but you never know if some situation will force you to be close.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Depends. Are you prepared for a situation where you cannot avoid contact with others? If you're positive and out walking, take an N95 in case you will be passing by anyone. There is little chance you will pass it to someone else while outside, but you never know if some situation will force you to be close.

It would be basically impossible to not pass close to people but it would be extremely brief. The longest would be potentially having to wait for the crossing signal at an intersection but I can just hang back a few feet from the intersection until the light changes.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

It would be basically impossible to not pass close to people but it would be extremely brief. The longest would be potentially having to wait for the crossing signal at an intersection but I can just hang back a few feet from the intersection until the light changes.

imo if you absolutely need to be out of the house, then I'd wear an N95-equivalent.