~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Seems like a good thing to try to keep COVID-positive people off planes, but in the scheme of things I'm not sure how much it's doing given no mask mandate on planes and no vaccine or testing requirements for domestic travel.

220121124817-us-workers-absenteism-airpo
WWW.CNN.COM

The Biden administration is expected to announce Friday that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will lift its requirement for travelers to test negative for Covid-19 before entering the US, according to a senior administration official and a US Centers For Disease Control and...

The test I got before return to the us was a joke. I think the swab looked in my general direction 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Can you even stand ANY sun exposure?!?

You know how in Elder Scrolls games, vampirism has stages? My skin reacts to the sun like I have Skyrim stage 2 vampirism, if I'm out and it's bright, and I don't have some potent SPFs I look like god decided to give me two black eyes from the inside, it's fucking pathetic.

• Haha 4

On 6/10/2022 at 12:12 PM, Jason said:

Seems like a good thing to try to keep COVID-positive people off planes, but in the scheme of things I'm not sure how much it's doing given no mask mandate on planes and no vaccine or testing requirements for domestic travel.

220121124817-us-workers-absenteism-airpo
WWW.CNN.COM

The Biden administration is expected to announce Friday that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will lift its requirement for travelers to test negative for Covid-19 before entering the US, according to a senior administration official and a US Centers For Disease Control and Prevention official.

Flew back into the US from Mexico yesterday so I appreciated saving the $100 testing fees at my hotel, BUT this is still probably not a good idea lol. 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:06 PM, Jason said:

7879958f61a64312b2fab61b6151b966.jpg?w=1
WWW.WFLA.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis has reportedly changed course on whether or not to order vaccines for children ages six months to 5 years old, now allowing Florida doctors and hospitals to order the vaccines.

My mother in law has covid. She is a former smoker and cancer survivor who uses a cpap every night because of her low o2 levels. 

before her positive test it was “the sickest [she has] ever been” but after it was “just a bad cold”

she’s only had two shots, no booster because “what’s the point? I don’t even get my flu shot every year”

quick can anyone guess who she voted for

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My mother in law has covid. She is a former smoker and cancer survivor who uses a cpap every night because of her low o2 levels. 

before her positive test it was “the sickest [she has] ever been” but after it was “just a bad cold”

she’s only had two shots, no booster because “what’s the point? I don’t even get my flu shot every year”

quick can anyone guess who she voted for

My uncle also got covid.  He's a cancer surviver too.  Don't know what level of vaccination he's at.

18 minutes ago, chakoo said:

They should have picked Levar Burton. :angry: I actually started watching the show again while he was on.

Agreed. Jennings is really bad. But I haven't seen her at all yet. I watch like 3 times a year, so I don't care, but Burton was the correct choice.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Despite all that the article says she's vaxxed and boosted.

Likely only because Jeopardy required her to be. I guess she falls more on "vaccine questioning" than anti, but still. I've watched interviews with her where she dismisses vaccines and suggests people just need to "eat better". 

• Halal 1

47 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Likely only because Jeopardy required her to be. I guess she falls more on "vaccine questioning" than anti, but still. I've watched interviews with her where she dismisses vaccines and suggests people just need to "eat better". 

Well sounds like she's doing better than Aaron Rodgers. :p

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

So questioning is a problem? She is a neuroscientist, I doubt her questions stem from Q related conspiracies, because I believe she has had this stance well before covid, and has nothing to do with covid itself. There's a wide gulf between a scientist questioning them and what the right is doing.

I would also say eating well and exercising was also extremely important when it comes to who died or got extremely ill with covid. 

106814221-1615233279633-106814221-160855
WWW.CNBC.COM

An overwhelming majority of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the CDC said.

78% of the hospitalized were overweight/obese, and the percentage of those dying is probably higher. 

i realize theres a lot of systemic problems with Obesity, but it's definitely something we should be tackling. The government did nothing to promote physical well-being during the worst of the pandemic. We should have been encouraging fitness and exercise outdoors, not JUST mask up and wait for vaccine to save you. North America is very sick. Almost 35% are considered obese, and over half are overweight. The answer isn't just more medication. 

56 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So questioning is a problem? She is a neuroscientist, I doubt her questions stem from Q related conspiracies, because I believe she has had this stance well before covid, and has nothing to do with covid itself. There's a wide gulf between a scientist questioning them and what the right is doing.

Yea, too bad I wasn't talking about COVID or COVID vaccines, but vaccines in general. The interviews were pre-COVID and from mid-2010s. And yes, it's a fucking problem when you're questioning if vaccines "mess up kids brains".