~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

So she has RSV and Covid?

Yes. Her only symptom is a postnasal drip that causes coughing and gagging. It really only bothers when she runs or lays down for bed. Since that is a symptom of RSV, we thought it was only that. Doctor agreed but did a rapid test as well. Both came back positive. We are currently on parents 6/12 in our apology tour. 

4 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

What lessons can we draw from this? Most importantly, Americans with authoritarian tendencies are weak. They don’t know how to make decisions independent of authority figures in their lives (whoever they may be). Because of this, they fear making the wrong choice. They fear the humiliation and pain they believe comes with being wrong. Legally enforceable mandates make the choice easy by making the choice for them. Authoritarians are weak. Vaccine mandates helped save face.

Second, they don’t want freedom. Yes, I know. They say they want freedom. They say they will die for it. They won’t, though. They won’t do anything demanding sacrifice. What they want is the sense of community that comes with belonging to an authoritarian collective that does, in its own way, what mandates do — choose for them. So while they say they want freedom, what they desire is being told what to do. They don’t have the skills. Coercion and force come as a relief.

Hehehehehehehehe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • True 3

On 11/1/2021 at 7:38 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yes. Her only symptom is a postnasal drip that causes coughing and gagging. It really only bothers when she runs or lays down for bed. Since that is a symptom of RSV, we thought it was only that. Doctor agreed but did a rapid test as well. Both came back positive. We are currently on parents 6/12 in our apology tour. 

This is what drives me crazy about the symptoms of covid.  I essentially live with a permanent sinus infection, so it's a roll of a dice as to how I'll feel each day.  I'd have to get tested constantly with my symptoms aligning so closely with that of covid so I play the smelling game all the time just to check if it's covid or just me.

Everybody is going to get Covid at some point. We can stop having news stories about it 😂

10 year old on deck for her first Covid shot, and all three kids got their flu shot today at their annual check up.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Everybody is going to get Covid at some point. We can stop having news stories about it 😂

10 year old on deck for her first Covid shot, and all three kids got their flu shot today at their annual check up.

Last time I got a covid test was probably back in January and I was vaccinated in late April. With the exception of still full-time WFH I've largely just lived a normal life. Masking is good in my area, but I'll eat in fast food restaurants and I've been to a lot of baseball games this year. If anything I've probably been more exposed this year than non-covid years. I very easily could have caught it at some point and been completely asymptomatic because I've just never gotten tested.

18 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"DIE WITHOUT EVER GETTING COVID CHALLENGE" ACCEPTED!

I'm never getting Covid... Harry Potter Reaction GIF

Seriously though, if I managed to avoid getting Covid while living in the NY/NJ area at the height of the Pandemic, still going in to work with no vaccine AND flying across the country TWICE in 2020, I think can manage to avoid getting this shit now.