~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I got the results for my antibody test back - 730 u/ml.  For reference, I received the Moderna vaccine back in March, rode through my wife and daughter's COVID infection without getting infected myself, and as far as I know, haven't gotten infected at any other time in the last 6 months.

My daughter meanwhile, had around 150 u/ml and that was from an actual COVID infection. 

13 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I got the results for my antibody test back - 730 u/ml.  For reference, I received the Moderna vaccine back in March, rode through my wife and daughter's COVID infection without getting infected myself, and as far as I know, haven't gotten infected at any other time in the last 6 months.

My daughter meanwhile, had around 150 u/ml and that was from an actual COVID infection. 

Is 750 good? 

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Is 750 good? 

for a credit score? yes

for antibody levels, ??? maybe

Still, some researchers have been working closely with those tests for many months now, including Dorry Segev, MD, PhD, of Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, who has been studying transplant patients -- an immunocompromised population that's been particularly concerned about their levels of protection against COVID.

Segev has published a number of papers on this population, including a study in the Annals of Internal Medicine of 30 transplant patients who received third doses of COVID vaccines, and has correlated neutralization assays with commercial antibody test readouts. He has now studied some 400 transplant patients who've gotten three doses of the vaccine.

He has primarily worked with LabCorp, which reads out positive or negative for spike IgG antibodies (a test is negative if levels are below 0.8 units/mL; you can see a sample report here). The report also provides a numeric value, but only in a generic "units/mL."

Segev said he and his team do see some clear trends in the LabCorp data. They've confirmed that "antibody levels correlate with pseudoviral and live virus neutralization, and the curves are threshold linear."

That means, for LabCorp at least, "until you reach 250 units/mL, you have little evidence of neutralization," he added.

"When you get to 500 or 1,000, it rises in a linear fashion," Segev told MedPage Today. "So 2,000 gives you twice as much neutralizing capability as 1,000 on a LabCorp test."

Segev is confident enough in the data to interpret what it can mean, generally, for protection against COVID.

For levels below 250 units/mL, "you have, at most, a modicum of protection," he noted. Those in the 250 to 500 range who are at low risk of exposure -- working from home, taking precautions -- should get a booster, "but there's no urgency." For those in the 500 to 1,000 range who have some risk of exposure or are more vulnerable to COVID, "then you're in the 'now-is-probably-a-good-time-to-get-boosted' range."

"I suspect if you're over 1,000, and not at high risk, then you're probably good," he said.

He cautioned, however, that there's "not a cutoff at which you are protected or not protected."

"Everyone wants a yes or no. Am I safe or unsafe? Protected or unprotected? That's not how it is," he continued. "You're more protected at 2,500 than at 1,000. It's up to you and your risk of exposure, your risk of severe disease, all of those things together, to know whether you need to be at greater than 1,000 or if 1,000 is fine for you."

It's a Chinese bioweapon but I'm gonna import my fake vax card from China because there's no way to get American-sourced paper cards. 

AP21127742036383.jpg?w=1280
KTLA.COM

A woman suspected of possessing and selling counterfeit COVID-19 vaccine cards has been arrested, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday. Detectives began...

33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Interesting that immunity seems to be lasting longer in Canada. I'm guessing it's because most people waited 8-12 weeks between doses, rather than 3.

Does this study also take into the fact that many people have a mix of the 2 vaccines? I have one of each myself and wonder what the immunity factor is on that? Also wonder with Canada being closer to heard immunity then the states, that it might have an impact on their effectiveness. Seems like the vaccines are being tested harder stateside with the varying restrictions in place or non at all. Unlike up here where most provinces still have some pretty restrictive rules still in place and most still wear a mask everywhere (even driving I’ve seen and they’re alone in the car) So maybe the immunity is higher because they’re not trying to fight off surrounding potential infections. They just announced Ontario is halting on more reopening plans. With less restriction being in place, our numbers have been creeping back up again. At least it seems like they have some plans set on getting the kids inoculated within the schools setting itself.

7 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Does this study also take into the fact that many people have a mix of the 2 vaccines? I have one of each myself and wonder what the immunity factor is on that? Also wonder with Canada being closer to heard immunity then the states, that it might have an impact on their effectiveness. Seems like the vaccines are being tested harder stateside with the varying restrictions in place or non at all. Unlike up here where most provinces still have some pretty restrictive rules still in place and most still wear a mask everywhere (even driving I’ve seen and they’re alone in the car) So maybe the immunity is higher because they’re not trying to fight off surrounding potential infections. They just announced Ontario is halting on more reopening plans. With less restriction being in place, our numbers have been creeping back up again. At least it seems like they have some plans set on getting the kids inoculated within the schools setting itself.

It's probably a combination of all those things, as you say. 

Didn’t read it yet, but is it adjusting for the difference in overall virus prevalence? If you’re in an area with relatively lower concentrations or infected people, you are already less likely to contract the virus on that basis alone.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Most serious epidemiologists have suggested we stop using the term herd immunity.  But either way, it probably doesn't have an impact here

Keep in mind that it compares the risk of people with 2 doses, compared to those who are unvaccinated.  It looks at how many catch covid in the two groups, who are in the same area.  So its more likely either systemic difference in their studies, or down to differences in behaviour of the individuals in the two countries (i.e. do unvaccinated people behave the same as vaccinated people)?

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
211108-anti-vaxx-detox-covid-2x1-cs-f600
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr.

Face

Palm 

I mean encourage it? Let them think they can undo the vaccine so that they get it. This is the kinda shit the left should be popularizing  covertly.

Just now, stepee said:

I mean encourage it? Let them think they can undo the vaccine so that they get it. This is the kinda shit the left should be popularizing  covertly.

Eating Kale Avocado salads undoes the toxicity of the vaccines. You have to eat it for 6 months and also cut down on red meats so that your body doesn't have anything the vaccine toxins can form into. Walking 30 minutes for 3 times a week will also purge these toxins. 

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Eating Kale Avocado salads undoes the toxicity of the vaccines. You have to eat it for 6 months and also cut down on red meats so that your body doesn't have anything the vaccine toxins can form into. Walking 30 minutes for 3 times a week will also purge these toxins. 

No no, last thing we want is a bunch of super healthy  conservative conspiracy theorists.

• True 1

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I'm fine with it, I mean at some point they'll start pouring bleach in the tub and start getting chemical burns, but whatever, they can't spread that to everyone else.

• Like 2

Tested positive on a rapid today. Feel fine overall, couple of coughs here and there. I was told by my employer that I have to get an regular test. Called the doctor's office and they didn't want to give a test because I wasn't showing symptoms of concern. When I told them that the sheriff's office told me I had to get a test I was put on hold for 30 minutes to see if they could "fit me in." By which, is sending someone out to the parking lot to swab me.

• Sad 1