~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

38 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hey my 3 month old is up to 7 hours it's a dream. You'll get there!

My friends who have a two month old have their child that literally does not sleep save for 4 hours a day, total. It is awful

Did they start right away at 3 months, or gradually before? Mine is 11 weeks and he still gets up every 3-4 hours at night 

44 minutes ago, Joe said:

No side effects again. Arm pain was less than the first two shots. My immune system is somehow lazier than me.

They gave you saline again :(

On the topic of babies, anybody who tells you to savor the time even with all the sleep deprivation and such because you’ll miss it is either a liar or a grade A MORAN.

Newborns are what you suffer through to get to the enjoyable stuff later on.

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

On the topic of babies, anybody who tells you to savor the time even with all the sleep deprivation and such because you’ll miss it is either a liar or a grade A MORAN.

Savor the time because they're so goddamn cute. Getting the biggest unconditional smiles for simply being there doesn't happen again!

• True 1

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I enjoyed the “now get some rest” comments after delivery. Wtf I got more rest then.

:facepalm:

I should however note that my wife had a rough time during delivery so I’ve primarily taken over all bottle feeding and changing duties so she can recover.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

My first born was sleeping 8 hours a night the day be was born. He will literally sleep though diaper changes, blood draws, vaccinations, everything...then he needed surgery at a month and he wasn't going back to 8 hours a night until he was like 4 months old. He will still sleep forever if you let him. I've forgotten to wake him up on a Saturday and then shocked myself when I have to drag him out of bed at like 2 in the afternoon.

We mistakenly thought that was sort of normal, then we had our second...who woke up in the middle of the night all the time and just silently sat in her crib. She still does that today, but then we found out that was the autism. Light or dark doesn't matter to her. She'll entertain herself for hours with just a spoon in the middle of the dark.

Easy going so far, right? We pushed our luck with the third. I'm thinking she was the normal one. Those were some wild sleepless nights. I swear we barely survived. She wasn't happy unless she was being held out had a bottle in her.

13 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

My first born was sleeping 8 hours a night the day be was born. He will literally sleep though diaper changes, blood draws, vaccinations, everything...then he needed surgery at a month and he wasn't going back to 8 hours a night until he was like 4 months old. He will still sleep forever if you let him. I've forgotten to wake him up on a Saturday and then shocked myself when I have to drag him out of bed at like 2 in the afternoon.

We mistakenly thought that was sort of normal, then we had our second...who woke up in the middle of the night all the time and just silently sat in her crib. She still does that today, but then we found out that was the autism. Light or dark doesn't matter to her. She'll entertain herself for hours with just a spoon in the middle of the dark.

Easy going so far, right? We pushed our luck with the third. I'm thinking she was the normal one. Those were some wild sleepless nights. I swear we barely survived. She wasn't happy unless she was being held out had a bottle in her.

As I read the first paragraph I was about to drop a

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

about your perfect baby. But I read on and was like

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I see you on these hard babies

40 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

As I read the first paragraph I was about to drop a

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

about your perfect baby. But I read on and was like

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I see you on these hard babies

Ha, thanks. Those months after my son's surgery were the worst we've ever experienced. He had surgery on his stomach and was only allowed half an ounce of food at a time, so we had to feed him, every half hour, 24/7.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our two month old isn't perfect but ahead of schedule and about as well behaved as you could hope. She's been sleeping a solid six hours since a couple weeks back and really only cries when she's hungry. Still wakes for a feeding at two am maybe two or three times per week. Most of the time she's awake though she wants to play which is super adorable but I also have the in laws here this week and I gotta cook sorry baby. 

• Like 1

Went to an engagement party this afternoon and talked to two different people who told me they were looking for new jobs because their employer was requiring vaccination and I would rather they just not tell me because the faces I make…

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Went to an engagement party this afternoon and talked to two different people who told me they were looking for new jobs because their employer was requiring vaccination and I would rather they just not tell me because the faces I make…

I'm wondering if it was the same face I made when I found out a friend was doing the exact same because her job rejected her religious exemption letter. Like we were raised in the same church for twenty years of our lives. What are you doing?