~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

44 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Cool. All of our regular suppliers are very nearly out of stock for most of the computer and server parts we buy on a fairly regular basis. Good thing everything is tanking so I won't need to worry about any expansion or new hires.

41 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I ordered a new work laptop 2 months ago but I just got an email from our tech department letting me know they are canceling the order because their stock is extremly limited and thy are only disbursing computers to new hires.  

So I have live with a shitty macbook pro with horrible keys that fall off for the foreseeable future. 

We just ordered 200 new thinkpads for some teachers...supposed to be here by the end of this month. I have a feeling that is not going to happen.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

We just ordered 200 new thinkpads for some teachers...supposed to be here by the end of this month. I have a feeling that is not going to happen.

Were they already in stock before placing the order? If the answer is no then probably not by the end of this month unless something major changes. I've already spoken to a couple of Lenovo reps and their lead times for laptops are 3-4 weeks? with the question mark. I'm bugging them because I have an HP order out that has been in the processing phase for a month and a half now with no movement, so that's pretty cool.

Old people are gonna die of something. I would guess the probability of those same old people dying within the next 12 months was really high. Still worth being cautious to not unnecessarily spread it to our old timers.

15 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

MLB season starting up in a few weeks. I almost always go to Opening Day, wonder if they'll even have one. 

i was planning on hitting one of the games for the angels opening home weekend and and some friends decided to cancel because of all this madness lol

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Absolutely insane. Your older loved ones should take extra precautions, as should you so you don't pass anything along to them.

Agreed! Just got off the phone with my parents today about them taking extra precautions. Just trying to dial down the panic. Mostly for myself because I'm a massive hypochondriac.

A taste of the Biden/Trump debates we have in store for us:

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Now I can sleep like a baby

“I think that, uh, the behavior of this administration has awakened, uh, a whole new generation to get engaged in ways that they may not have gotten before,” Biden said, referring to President Donald Trump and the current tumult. “Just like in my generation, when I got out of school that, uh, when Bobby Kennedy and Dr. King had been assassinated in the ’70s, uh, late seven—when I got engaged, um, you know, up to that time, remember the, none of you women will know this, but a couple men may remember, that was a time in the early, late ’60s, and the early ’60s and ’60s, where it was drop out and go to Haight-Ashbury, don’t get engaged, don’t trust anybody over 30. I mean, for real. What happened to them, by the, by the early ’70s, the late ’60s, there was a whole generation that said, ‘Enough.’ The war in Vietnam was underway, and it was—a lot of you served in that war—and, uh, we were fighting like the devil to make sure that there was something dealing with cleaning up the environment, which was only beginning. We were in a position where the women’s movement was just beginning to move. We should have, by now, long before, passed the ERA amendment, but that was another issue …”

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1