~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

41 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This sadly makes sense. $8.3 billion seemed far too low for across the board 2 weeks paid sick leave.

Also, it would be surprising to see Republicans give on a policy they've been adamantly opposed to. 

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

Interesting, I'm on lisinopril to protect my kidney from kidney protein which is a side effect from Spinraza. Thanks Biogen...? 

She said it is specifically the part related to kidney function that seems to be helping :) 

I've got to go grocery shopping today. We've done online ordering for the past couple years or so, but when we tried to place our order last night, there were no available slots for pickup today. :| I've never even seen a single hour slot be unavailable.

Fucking dreading this. I already hate going into the store on a normal day. Fucking dumb ass people.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've got to go grocery shopping today. We've done online ordering for the past couple years or so, but when we tried to place our order last night, there were no available slots for pickup today. :| I've never even seen a single hour slop be unavailable.

Fucking dreading this. I already hate going into the store on a normal day. Fucking dumb ass people.

We did ours a day or so ago, we went at 3:00AM. Few stragglers here or there but otherwise uneventful. 

Europe is closed.

Spain set to declare national lockdown

The Spanish government is poised to declare a 15-day national lockdown on Monday to battle coronavirus.

Under the decree being finalised, people would be allowed out only for emergencies, to buy food, or for work.

With 191 deaths and 6,046 infections, Spain is the worst-hit country in Europe after Italy, which declared a nationwide lockdown on Monday.

France orders non-essential public places to close

French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has ordered the closure of all non-essential public locations from midnight (23:00 GMT Saturday) in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

The measure applies to restaurants, cafes, cinemas and discos, as well as non-essential businesses.

Berlin bars and clubs to close as public transport scaled back

Berlin's government has ordered bars, clubs, cinemas and sports facilities to close as part of measures to stop the spread of coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

This was a couple days ago now, but I saw someone post a picture of a basically empty asian grocery, so if your usual grocery store is mobbed take advantage of other people's racism and try hitting up an asian grocery if you have one near you

I hadn't thought about hitting up the Indian grocer near by. They always have a great selection of produce.

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I went out to eat crawfish yesterday with an old friend who I haven’t seen in a while. :dancing: 

I love crawfish but hate how much work it is to eat them. I’m so lazy :lol:

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've got to go grocery shopping today. We've done online ordering for the past couple years or so, but when we tried to place our order last night, there were no available slots for pickup today. :| I've never even seen a single hour slot be unavailable.

Best of luck finding anything left. I'm mostly stocked but went out a few times for odds and ends yesterday & today to my local store across the street and every time the store became more and more bare. It's kind of nuts because it's not like this is all the food the store will have for 2/4 weeks, there will be plenty of restocking yet people are going crazy to buy up everything. =/

Disney is allowing theaters to play the 1996 classic “The Rock” for only 35% if we want to. This was along with allowing theaters to bring back most of their December product. What a random inclusion :lol:

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Disney is allowing theaters to play the 1996 classic “The Rock” for only 35% if we want to. This was along with allowing theaters to bring back most of their December product. What a random inclusion :lol:

Keep us posted on how much you screen it and how many actually show up. :duckhuntdog:

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The people need Sean Connery now more than ever 

39 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This was a couple days ago now, but I saw someone post a picture of a basically empty asian grocery, so if your usual grocery store is mobbed take advantage of other people's racism and try hitting up an asian grocery if you have one near you

Yep. Korean market was empty. Peeps be dumb.

I concentrated 50% rubbing alcohol to 90%+ that I can use if our supply of hand sanitizer runs out.

It was pretty easy too.  

Dump and mix pure salt (non iodized) into the rubbing alcohol.  You need to keep adding salt intil it won't dissolve any further - the water becomes super saturated with salt.  This in turns makes the water more dense than the alcohol, and the water will fall to the bottom, while the alcohol will rise to the top.  I removed the alcohol on top with a turkey baster and put back in the rubbing alcohol container.  The method is pretty efficient.  From a 16 oz bottle of 50% rubbing alcohol I was able to extract around 7.5 oz of alcohol.

This method would probably work with vodka or everclear, but it would be incredibly expensive considering the additional taxes on consumable alcohol. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

I concentrated 50% rubbing alcohol to 90%+ that I can use if our supply of hand sanitizer runs out.

It was pretty easy too.  

Dump and mix pure salt (non iodized) into the rubbing alcohol.  You need to keep adding salt intil it won't dissolve any further - the water becomes super saturated with salt.  This in turns makes the water more dense than the alcohol, and the water will fall to the bottom, while the alcohol will rise to the top.  I removed the alcohol on top with a turkey baster and put back in the rubbing alcohol container.  The method is pretty efficient.  From a 16 oz bottle of 50% rubbing alcohol I was able to extract around 7.5 oz of alcohol.

This method would probably work with vodka or everclear, but it would be incredibly expensive considering the additional taxes on consumable alcohol. 

Isn't the alcohol supposed to be 60%?

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It was pretty easy too.  

Yeah every report I've seen said DO NOT try to make your own hand sanitizer.  Soap and water works just as well if not better and does not run the risk of burning the shit out of you.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah every report I've seen said DO NOT try to make your own hand sanitizer.  Soap and water works just as well if not better and does not run the risk of burning the shit out of you.

Hand sanitizer works when you don't have access to a sink (i.e. when you are travelling to work).