Your Holiday Haul?

nublood

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't do games for Christmas, I just buy what I want through the year.

I usually do too. But I always tell my wife I'd like one or two games and I'll wait until Christmas to open it. Last year she got me God of War PS4, which I didn't even ask for. I thought it would be too linear and too many QTE sequences. Boy was I wrong. It's one of my top 5 games of all time.

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Traditionally, I don't get anything under the tree but clothing and the like. I like the idea of an exciting present under the tree, but honestly, the day a new high piece of tech drops is the day I want to have it! :p

One year I got a 55" Samsung UHDTV, a sound bar, and a PS4 Pro on black Friday. I just let them sit there nestled in the living room until Christmas. I like something to look forward to :shrug:

53 minutes ago, nublood said:

I usually do too. But I always tell my wife I'd like one or two games and I'll wait until Christmas to open it. Last year she got me God of War PS4, which I didn't even ask for. I thought it would be too linear and too many QTE sequences. Boy was I wrong. It's one of my top 5 games of all time.

Good choice there, it was really a fantastic game. 

It's kind of a bit too soon? Yet with that said my friend gave me a copy of Smash Tv (nes) for Christmas. 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't do games for Christmas, I just buy what I want through the year.

Same, More a case of I'm giving a budget and my wife turns a blind eye to what I buy. :duckhuntdog:

2 hours ago, nublood said:

One year I got a 55" Samsung UHDTV, a sound bar, and a PS4 Pro on black Friday. I just let them sit there nestled in the living room until Christmas. I like something to look forward to :shrug:

Anticipation is great

-methinks im only getting Fifa 20 this year... 

it follows the Fifa every 2 years pattern, and with MLS having recently added teams and getting new teams the next few seasons (Tennessee, Miami, Austin, Sacramento, Charlotte), it seems the pattern of updating every few years will continue..(cant wait to kick a hole in LAFC)

-I did "campaign" for my own Switch because I dont want to play my kids' but that looks like an unlikely get...Gotta convince the wife she needs it for Luigi on big screen

-Maybe Modern Warfare will be the surprise unexpected purchase...its happened before

It wasn't for XMas, but I got stuff towards the end of the year that I guess I can count as being holiday based =)

-Resident Evil 2 remake was on sale on Steam

-Jedi Fallen Order (I think was on sale?)

-Ghostbusters HD remake(?) for Switch

-The Starlink "whatever" Star Fox toy set for the Switch

-XBox One S console for its 4k player abilities plus the Talon Media Remote to use with it

-Resubbed to Star Wars The Old Republic just cuz it got a new expansion and the level cap moved up

-Got Custon NES Guy to repaint my original NES console and controllers in their original color scheme (to get rid of the yellowing). I still need to get the hdmi kit and possibly a new psu so I don't have to use that giant plug anymore, but I'm waiting for the dude to get an N64 hdmi kit in stock so I can buy everything together in one shipment before I do

-Modified and upgraded my original Dreamcast with Dragon's Hoard Gaming (hdmi kit, caps, batteries, pcu, fan, region free bios, battery mod, cleaning, controller fuse)

Spoiler

spacer.png

I’m pretty flush right now in terms of what I want for gaming. Only thing I’m really eyeballing is an elite series 2 controller. 

however, got a ton for my kids

mario kart deluxe w/ wheels

Extra joy con for 4 player games

smash ultimate

mario party

mario vs rabbids 

Wwe 2k20

madden 2k20

just dance 2020

sims 4

6 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Triage got me an Elite v2... and it’s even more beautiful than I had imagined. 

And not video game related, but this:

69D38C7D-A205-4BA6-BD05-52119D09F001.jpeg

I did indeed get the controller. Will test it out in a little bit. Definitely looks and feels premium, even the packaging. Ms getting it right with this stuff.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I did indeed get the controller. Will test it out in a little bit. Definitely looks and feels premium, even the packaging. Ms getting it right with this stuff.

How do we get a warranty for it if it was a gift? I’ve heard the quality control isn’t the best with the controller. 

here’s my haul for the day. Bolded what was video game related

Dried Bat Guano (for my weed)

Mega Crop (again dried nutrients for my weed. Pretty sure some shit in there too)

Amber Glass Jars (storing my weed)

7G Felt Grow Bags (well, you know what they’re for)

Marijuana Grow Bible

$275 Amazon Gift Cards and I already spent it on

-SpyderX Pro Calibrator (for my NX7 projector)

-Yesterday 4K

-Light Metre

Red Blue Jays Jersey

$100 Xbox Card

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Xbox One)

best thing that happen was that me, my sister, cousin and her husband each bought and created a Stoner Snack Box for each other without knowing it. So bags of chips, sour kids, cherry blasters and Swedish berries.