Active shooter in El Paso at Walmart/Mall

The kid is from 2 miles from where I live in the Dallas area. Just crazy. 

That manifesto makes sense to me and was my hunch when I first heard the news break. El Paso is incredibly safe and has been resistant to most types of violence like this. Even the right wingers in El Paso are so tightly integrated to the predominantly hispanic culture there that they have a pretty different view of immigration compared to other right wingers in the country. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Just read the manifesto.  I don't see how Trump's GOP can deflect this.  This guy's rhetoric is right in line with (current, under Trump) talking points about immigration.  I'm glad they captured him alive.  

I'm having a hard time finding it. One site linked to it but no link could be found once I clicked.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Just read the manifesto.  I don't see how Trump's GOP can deflect this.  This guy's rhetoric is right in line with (current, under Trump) talking points about immigration.  I'm glad they captured him alive.  

Just read it myself and Trump will use the guy’s words to defend himself. He said it wasn’t about Trump and that the fake news would blame this on him. It’s his fucking words against himself and I agree it will be hard to deflect it towards anything but his words

22 minutes ago, Comet said:

Probably not, if they were I know Mexico and Brazil would be higher. Still far from triple digits though..

Even if it were the same, "We have the same number of mass shootings Mexico and Brazil do," isn't a ringing endorsement of our awful gun laws.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

GOP Rep Will Hurd (who's leaving Congress) called this an act of domestic terrorism. 

Last black Republican left in the House Will Hurd who is retiring, btw. 

I stopped to ask myself if that fact was off topic for this thread, but sadly I do not think it is.

The Dems need to do everything they can to tie this guy's ideology and rhetoric to Trump.  There are  dozens, if not hundreds of public statements he has made about hispanic immigrants that can be used in campaign ads that will hammer home the fact that Trump's MAGA movement is in total sync with these terrorists. 

• Thanks 1