It’s Prime Day! What did you buy?

Spork3245

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm boycotting in solidarity with striking Amazon warehouse workers.

Crap did not know that was a thing. I will cancel my order and just get her one later. I think Target sells em and I have gift cards from work.

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I bought a Playstation Classic and an Instant Pot, but from Target's "Deal Days", an online only sale that just so happens to coincide with Prime Day. :p

Are instant pots good? I’ve seen some women say they love it.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I love my Instant Pot. Great device, you can do so much with it.

I'm too much of a person that likes cooking things slowly and old fashioned.. :p

Though the fact that you can dump ingredients in and just cook a meal in about less than an hour does seem appealing... if it doesn't explode :thinking:

9 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

I'm too much of a person that likes cooking things slowly and old fashioned.. :p

Though the fact that you can dump ingredients in and just cook a meal in about less than an hour does seem appealing... if it doesn't explode :thinking:

I don't use it all the time, but there are some dishes it does wonderfully. 

I'm a little leery of releasing the steam, but I haven't had any actual issues.

7 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

DrearyWelltodoElephant-size_restricted.g

yep that's what I'd be afraid of.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't use it all the time, but there are some dishes it does wonderfully. 

I'm a little leery of releasing the steam, but I haven't had any actual issues.

I've heard specific dishes like lentils/beans work amazing instapots. 

7 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Nothing.  Dropping about 9k on a new HVAC/Air handler today for the house   Might be sitting this one out.

Just did this in April. Sucks balls. It was $9500 gone. My house is nice and cold and dark now though. Just the way i like it. 

As for me - my daughters 10th bday is in a few weeks, so I grabbed her an Apple Watch series 3 and a few extra bands. 

7 hours ago, johnny said:

Are instant pots good? I’ve seen some women say they love it.

I’m trying to do more cooking/meal prep so that I can eat healthier while also sticking to a budget. Also I’m lazy and hate cooking. :p I haven’t used it yet, but from what I understand it should fit my needs perfectly. 

I think @Jose is a fan. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I’m trying to do more cooking/meal prep so that I can eat healthier while also sticking to a budget. Also I’m lazy and hate cooking. :p I haven’t used it yet, but from what I understand it should fit my needs perfectly. 

I think @Jose is a fan. 

It's totally amazing. Serious Eats has some really great Instant Pot recipes from Kenji Lopez Alt. If you like risotto, his mushroom risotto recipe will blow your mind.

12 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

After this hot summer, I need to do this. My house has no AC and it has been brutal. 

I live in Florida and mine had been busted for quite a while. Florida heat + Florida humidity  = my house was a sauna.  At least I had a dehumidifier.  When the AC guy switched all the new stuff on, my thermostat read 64% Humidity