It’s Prime Day! What did you buy?

Spork3245

On 7/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, Slug said:

Probably getting The Woman a replacement for her old ass laptop.

Nevermind.  Found a good deal on a laptop more powerful than she actually needs on NewEgg.  So change my answer to nothing.

8 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I live in Florida and mine had been busted for quite a while. Florida heat + Florida humidity  = my house was a sauna.  At least I had a dehumidifier.  When the AC guy switched all the new stuff on, my thermostat read 64% Humidity

NJ doesn’t have that humidity which is the only reason we are surviving.  I need to figure out how to put AC in a 100 year home with steam heating

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

NJ doesn’t have that humidity which is the only reason we are surviving.  I need to figure out how to put AC in a 100 year home with steam heating

What about just a window mounted or a portable AC unit?

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yes it does. It's horrible. NJ is probably the only state I know of that can have 100% humidity and it not be raining :p 

On 7/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, Dre801 said:

I live in Florida and mine had been busted for quite a while. Florida heat + Florida humidity  = my house was a sauna.  At least I had a dehumidifier.  When the AC guy switched all the new stuff on, my thermostat read 64% Humidity

holy moly.  Kinda curious what system you went it.  I am replacing my 2nd unit tomorrow and I replaced the other one last yr.  The ones that came with the house were POS and were not even properly rated for the sq ftg of my home.  Got a trane xv20i last yr with a dehumidifier and it is so nice.  Going with the smaller less featured variant for the 2nd one but still has a dehumidifier.

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

holy moly.  Kinda curious what system you went it.  I am replacing my 2nd unit tomorrow and I replaced the other one last yr.  The ones that came with the house were POS and were not even properly rated for the sq ftg of my home.  Got a trane xv20i last yr with a dehumidifier and it is so nice.  Going with the smaller less featured variant for the 2nd one but still has a dehumidifier.

I got a Trane, 18SEER 3-Ton. Very pleased with the performance.

I grabbed a PS Classic for $20, figured there's lots to do with it for that price. At the time, Amazon said they had 8 left but I was immediately told "we'll notify you when the item ships" because apparently it was sold out. Hopefully they get more of them in stock soon. 

I also grabbed Black Hawk Down 4K, which looks glorious on my 4K tv. Those were the only 2 items.