The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Now that is a proper response from a company.

Yup. Lego is another one. I heard they are removing all Lego City sets that have police or firefighter themes. Also I think WB interactive might be removing Lego City Undercover from digital stores.

Not the panels!

The Trump Files: When Donald Destroyed Historic Art to Build Trump Tower

To build his skyscraper, Trump first had to knock down the Bonwit Teller building, a luxurious limestone building erected in 1929. The face of the building featured two huge Art Deco friezes that the Metropolitan Museum of Art wanted to preserve. The museum asked Trump to save the sculptures and donate them, and the mogul agreed—as long as the cost of doing so wasn’t too high.

But then, according to journalist Harry Hurt III in his book Lost Tycoon, Trump discovered that taking out the sculptures would delay demolition by two weeks. He wasn’t willing to wait. “On his orders, the demolition workers cut up the grillwork with acetylene torches,” Hurt wrote. “Then they jackhammered the friezes, dislodged them with crowbars, and pushed the remains inside the building, where they fell to the floor and shattered in a million pieces.”

“It’s odd that a person like Trump, who is spending $80 million or $100 million on this building, should squirm that it might cost as much as $32,000 to take down those panels,” Otto Teegen, who designed the bronze grillwork, told the Times. Yet he wasn’t willing to protect the art in this construction deal.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

It's DoJ agency SRT that doesn't want to reveal its exact unit designation.

Serious question: how do you always know this shit? Your knowledge of obscure government dealings is freaking encyclopedic. 

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Yup. Lego is another one. I heard they are removing all Lego City sets that have police or firefighter themes. Also I think WB interactive might be removing Lego City Undercover from digital stores.

Okay, I’m curious. Police I get, but why firefighters?

CIA veterans see troubling parallels in Trump’s handling of protests

The scenes have been disturbingly familiar to CIA analysts accustomed to monitoring scenes of societal unraveling abroad — the massing of protesters, the ensuing crackdowns and the awkwardly staged displays of strength by a leader determined to project authority.

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.

"Of course, as a CIA veteran, I helped facilitate the actions that led to the collapse of these countries, so I'm kind of an expert at this!"

Actual Questions from Monmouth poll:

B7.Have you heard about the protests across the country, including the burning of a police precinct in Minneapolis, in reaction to a recent incident where a black man died when a police officer kneeled on his neck, or have you not heard about this?

June
Yes, have heard  97%
No, have not heard  3%
(n) (759)

B7A.Given what happened, do you think the actions of the protestors were fully justified, partially justified, or not at all justified?

June
Fully justified 17%
Partially justified 37%
Not at all justified 38%
(VOL) Depends on which protests 4%
(VOL) Don’t know 1%
Not aware (from B7) 3%
(n) (759)

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

B7.Have you heard about the protests across the country, including the burning of a police precinct in Minneapolis, in reaction to a recent incident where a black man died when a police officer kneeled on his neck, or have you not heard about this?

June
Yes, have heard  97%
No, have not heard  3%
(n) (759)

B7A.Given what happened, do you think the actions of the protestors were fully justified, partially justified, or not at all justified?

June
Fully justified 17%
Partially justified 37%
Not at all justified 38%
(VOL) Don’t know 1%
Not aware (from B7) 3%
(n) (759)

I would love to know the massive fucking rock 75 people that haven't heard about these events live under that can also respond to this poll.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

June
Yes, have heard  97%
No, have not heard  3%
(n) (759)

June
Fully justified 17%
Partially justified 37%
Not at all justified 38%
(VOL) Don’t know 1%
Not aware (from B7) 3%
(n) (759)

Lol that's fucking ridiculous. Please nobody cite that Twitter handle again.