The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

Officer accused of pushing teen during protest has 71 use of force cases on file

A Fort Lauderdale police officer who is accused of pushing a 19-year-old woman during a protest over the weekend has 71 use of force cases on his personnel file, Local 10 News learned on Wednesday.

Fort Lauderdale police spokeswoman Casey Liening told Local 10 News reporter Roy Ramos that Internal Affairs automatically looks into a case when an officer notes in their report that use of force was required regardless of whether a complaint was made.

Officer Steven Pohorence, who has since been suspended following Sunday’s incident, has spent nearly four years with the police department.

According to Internal Affairs investigators, there have been at least 51 incidents in which Pohorence has drawn his gun.

Let's do the math, shall we?

71 incidents/4 years = approximately 18 incidents/year = 1.5 incidents/month

• Guillotine 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

It's called a "Safe Space"

Show some sympathy. Imagine how bad he must feel.

He can't attend his alternate reality rallies and bask in the adulation of his followers.

He has to cower in the White House bunker surrounded by people who hate him.

For a narcissist, that must be like Indiana being entombed with snakes.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

We need to prepare ourselves for more of this. The GOP's fascism isn't going away once Trump leave's office. In 2024 Cotton will run for president and offer a militant boots on the ground, stamp out all insurrection platform, Josh Hawley will offer a "kinder and gentler" fascism based on a strict and frightening adherence to Christianity, and Ivanka or Jr. will run on continuing the fascist first family line. All 3 will be terrifying and horrible for the country, and I'm not sure which will be worse. I think Hawley has the most potential to do harm, his kind of fascism is far more insidious.

6 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

At this rate, we’re probably going to need an Official Thread of Fascism and Pigs  

Honestly I think that's what this thread should be changed to since most of the posters in here don't "exist while black" and a lot of the sentiments in here aren't coming from a black perspective but that's just me... which leads me to this video. Three generations of black rage from different perspectives expressed in this short two minute video.

For those that want to talk about what it's like to "exist while black" try talking TO some black folks instead of talking about them. This isn't directed at anyone in particular 

6 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I'm so, so, sick of selective leaks like this. If it's that important, say everything you know publicly, otherwise don't pretend like this is going to get you partial credit after you willingly served in the cabinet for a couple years.

I haven’t checked, but my bet is on “oh yeah, and buy my book to read all my inside info.”

21 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

At this rate, we’re probably going to need an Official Thread of Fascism and Pigs  

The question is, are we at the point where we need an, "Official Thread of Having No Problem with Facism, Heil Leader Trump. Long Live Leader Trump. Nothing to see here General Barr.:whistlin:" thread

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My Dad is a pretty calm guy, so it was kinda startling to see him agitated over the Floyd situation...a lot of pain