The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Lol that's fucking ridiculous. Please nobody cite that Twitter handle again.

It's how so many presidential approval/policy agreement polls are reported as well. Strongly/somewhat approve or disapprove are lumped together. This is so common.

8 minutes ago, silentbob said:

How long before Trump is informed by Miller about the possibility of invoking a Purge Night like in the movies? That will get all that anger out of these people and allow Trump to shoot a protestor and get away with it on 5th Avenue. 

Like he would set foot in NYC again. 

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's how so many presidential approval/policy agreement polls are reported as well. Strongly/somewhat approve or disapprove are lumped together. This is so common.

No, no, that's fine. They added parts of one question prompt to the other prompt. Sleazy af.

Mark Zuckerberg leaked audio: Trump’s looting and shooting reference “has no history of being read as a dog whistle”

Zuckerberg said that he did a thorough analysis of the history around the apparent reference in Trump’s post, which he called “troubling,” but ultimately did not find it to be an incitement of violence under Facebook’s policies.

“We basically concluded after the research and after everything I’ve read and all the different folks that I’ve talked to that the reference is clearly to aggressive policing — maybe excessive policing — but it has no history of being read as a dog whistle for vigilante supporters to take justice into their own hands,” Zuckerberg said on the call.

• Guillotine 2

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Ah, will morningconsult is generally a good pollster per 538

Huh? The Monmouth poll was fine, but that Twitter handle purposely manipulated how the questions were posed. Disappointing tbh.

2 hours ago, Jose said:

A Latina girl that used to work for me has an Instagram story that says #hispaniclivesmattertoo. Gtfo with that garbage, you Peruvian Karen (Maria perhaps?)

TBH we should make it black/latino lives matter. While I believe we are treated slightly better then blacks by the police it's still an issue. 

Perhaps I should make a sign when I go protest this weekend. There are protests in Paterson so far they seem peaceful. In fairness we only have like 600-800 police officers so they would be overwhelmed if things went south.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

TBH we should make it black/latino lives matter. While I believe we are treated slightly better then blacks by the police it's still an issue. 

Perhaps I should make a sign when I go protest this weekend. There are protests in Paterson so far they seem peaceful. In fairness we only have like 600-800 police officers so they would be overwhelmed if things went south.

Depends on the Latino "type" tbh.

I'm not Latino, but I'm sure cops can't tell the difference. I've gotten out of 5-6 driving tickets in my lifetime. I doubt an AA man can say the same, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Depends on the Latino "type" tbh.

I'm not Latino, but I'm sure cops can't tell the difference. I've gotten out of 5-6 driving tickets in my lifetime. I doubt an AA man can say the same, sadly.

Yes darker ones are probably more at risk. Its funny you mention it my half sister was posting no one can tell me I have white privelage. I couldnt even bear to reply. Wanted to tell her yooo your name is Samira Razick and you are half arabic and puerto rican. White privalage is primarily for gringos. Though she is really light skinned but the name. When I used to go to Colombia to visit my ex-wife I was subject to "random" TSA screenings.  

I just generally feel minorities should try to stick together. 

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Yes darker ones are probably more at risk. Its funny you mention it my half sister was posting no one can tell me I have white privelage. I couldnt even bear to reply. Wanted to tell her yooo your name is Samira Razick and you are half arabic and puerto rican. White privalage is primarily for gringos. Though she is really light skinned but the name. When I used to go to Colombia to visit my ex-wife I was subject to "random" TSA screenings.  

This is not our moment. It'd be like black people complaining about how police mistreated them while the whole kids in cages thing was going down. They didn't do that because they're not assholes, so we should try not to be as well.

21 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

spacer.png