The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:
3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

BOSTON (AP) — A suburban Boston police officer who was pursuing a white suspect pinned a 20-year-old Black man to the ground as he was walking home and placed a knee on the man's neck despite having no evidence that he was involved in any crime, according to a federal civil rights lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Ah yes - Boston.

The totally "not-nearly-as-racist" city as those in the Deep South according to a former D1P user.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Look at THIS shit

school-bulletin-board-81122-3c00eac5858d
PEOPLE.COM

Michael James says he hung photos of heroes like Martin Luther King Jr., Harriet Tubman, Colin Powell and Barack Obama to inspire his students

I wish I could say that I'm shocked, but I'm not.  Not in a sate run by a swine like DeSantis.

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lee Summit is/was a klan ticket town, so no big surprise. It became a predominantly white town due to "white flight" as middle and lower class minorities moved into KC. 50 years later young families are buying and fixing up the neighborhoods in KC , pricing out the same middle and low income minority families. With no where to go they those same minorities are now moving into areas like Lee Summit.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

This is why you move out completely and stage when you sell, it removes any biases from buyers, inspectors, appraisers, etc. It's a pain in the ass and fucked up but some white ppl are like Melania, oh a black person used this toilet? Redo the whole house. 

CNN getting in on the bandwagon:

220831061559-03-amazon-series-lord-of-th
WWW.CNN.COM

The new "Lord of the Rings" Amazon series has cast non-White actors in pivotal roles, ruffling some fans who say it betrays J.R.R. Tolkien's original vision. Others say a more diverse cast of heroes is overdue in a fantasy franchise that has been accused of implicit racism.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, CitizenVectron said:

CNN getting in on the bandwagon:

220831061559-03-amazon-series-lord-of-th
WWW.CNN.COM

The new "Lord of the Rings" Amazon series has cast non-White actors in pivotal roles, ruffling some fans who say it betrays J.R.R. Tolkien's original vision. Others say a more diverse cast of heroes is overdue in a fantasy franchise that has been accused of implicit racism.

I'm not sure which is worse, the racists who keep focusing on the races of casting, or the journalists who give air time to articles on extremist obscure websites.

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The racists are worse and it's not even close.

They are worse people, but I do think the damage of racist opinions being platformed out of the cesspool of racist echo chambers is potentially more *damaging* because it presents these ideas as legitimate differences of opinion. At the minimum if you’re going to talk about these degenerates, make it very clear that their opinions are racist trash from top to bottom.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hmmm. I mean there are some ignoramuses among Mormons who would probably do this. But Mormons usually go an extra mile to prove they "aren't racist" to hide the fact that their doctrine and beliefs actually are. Very much so. These stories just don't ring true to me. Not saying it didn't happen. I'll be the first to criticize mormons for shit but this isn't representative of how most would act. You always hear these stories about BYU.

Case in point: Last month a Duke volleyball player said that she kept hearing somebody shout that word at her at a BYU volleyball match between the two schools. Nobody else heard it--not her teammates, opponents, or fans. And the kid who was initially blamed was exonerated because there was actually a security camera or something like that on him the whole game. He never moved his mouth. It appears the player made it up. Which is unfortunate for people that it actually happens to.

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Case in point: Last month a Duke volleyball player said that she kept hearing somebody shout that word at her at a BYU volleyball match between the two schools. Nobody else heard it--not her teammates, opponents, or fans. And the kid who was initially blamed was exonerated because there was actually a security camera or something like that on him the whole game. He never moved his mouth. It appears the player made it up. Which is unfortunate for people that it actually happens to.

This is a hard one for me. I agree with your POV about Mormons and how over the top not racist they are, but the interview with the player felt like she was being genuine. I also think it could be true that it didn’t happen but could also be true that she believed she heard what was actually something else. Doesn’t feel like the Jussie Smollet situation to me.