The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

6 hours ago, Nokra said:

As I said, I'm in full agreement that systemic racism is a major problem, and I'm also not saying definitively that it isn't playing a role here. I'm just saying that I think it might be begging the question to assume so, because personally I don't feel like I have enough data to judge the situation fairly either way.  If you or anyone else feels they do, ok. 

A white director with Coogler's pedigree would never be relegated to using a teller. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The banks I go to have none of that.

Clearly we live in different worlds... I live in a great neighborhood now in Los Angeles and the tellers are STILL behind Plexiglass. At the Chase bank I go to and at the Bank of America across the street... and I'm almost 100% positive that a bank in ATLANTA of all places will have their tellers behind glass :shrug:

19 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The part that is most interesting to me is that the teller was a Black woman. I wonder if this is like the stuff you hear about Black police officers often being the toughest with Black men as a means of proving themselves to their white colleagues.

It's EXACTLY like that... my Dad and Grandmother were BOTH Black Police officers and they would tell me that some of the harshest officers were black. Not all and not even most, but definitely some who  for whatever reason felt like they had to prove that they were more blue than black. My dad in particular had a reputation on the street for being lenient... Too lenient if you asked the other cops. It took a lot for him to actually arrest someone for a non serious crime... he would often lecture them and make them wish they WERE arrested :lol:

I don't think that was the case here though. I think this woman was doing what she was trained to do and from what i understand, she wasn't the one that decided they were being robbed. She took it to her manager who made that call. That particlar chain of events gets murky depending on the reporting.

In anycase if I was Coogs, I would take my business to another bank. Fuck 'em.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's EXACTLY like that... my Dad and Grandmother were BOTH Black Police officers and they would tell me that some of the harshest officers were black. Not all and not even most, but definitely some who  for whatever reason felt like they had to prove that they were more blue than black. My dad in particular had a reputation on the street for being lenient... Too lenient if you asked the other cops. It took a lot for him to actually arrest someone for a non serious crime... he would often lecture them and make them wish they WERE arrested :lol:

I would always waaaay prefer my dad just gave me a spanking than to give me a lecture 😂

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I would always waaaay prefer my dad just gave me a spanking than to give me a lecture 😂

I don't remember my Dad every spanking me as a kid all though there is a story about the time he tore my ass up for hitting him in the head with a mini-baseball bat I had when i was two that I don't remember. I didn't live with him growing up though. I'll never forget the handfull of times my Stepfather gave me a whooping though. Can still feel that to this day. My mom dealt out the majority of the ass whoopings though... until corporeal punishment fell out of style. WAAAY too late for me :p

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

What!? Coogler DID provide his ID, his debit card, and his PIN?

Imagine robbing a bank by giving the teller you're ID matching the debit card and PIN that has enough money to cover the withdrawal amount?

This was plainly clear even from the bits out of the police report at there was something in the teller’s computer that triggered her to get her manager, and that’s when she told the manager she thought the bank was being robbed…for reasons

36 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

Is this him insinuating that he's important enough to get Epstein'd? 

I think so, which makes me feel even more concerned for the guy’s mental health 😬

On 3/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, sblfilms said:

This is something

Well whatever it was, it worked.

jussie-smollett-march-16-AP.jpeg?w=930
DEADLINE.COM

Jussie Smollett exits the Cook County Jail after less than a week behind bars on a 150-day sentence for faking a hate crime.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What in the actual fuck. 

220317-vandebilt-catholic-high-school-mj
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A 15-year-old freshman at a high school in Houma, Louisiana, was accused of throwing cotton balls at a Black student and whipping him with his belt.

Republicans can’t wait until he can run for Congress. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...