The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:00 PM, Jason said:
LTHYP2TPHJHSRIDY7TPX5HD72M.jpg
WWW.WBTV.COM

In the recording, Greene can be heard saying he’s going to start firing black people who are “guilty by f**king association” with the former African-American sheriff. Several black...

This is an older story. There are two major updates, though.

Update 1: He resigned.

Y2GJ6WH2PNAE5JFPVFNU2DCHAM.jpg
WWW.WECT.COM

Suspended Columbus County Sheriff Jody Greene submitted his resignation in a county courtroom during a hearing on a petition to remove him from office on Monday, October 24.

Update 2: He ran for Sheriff again and was reelected.

jody.png
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

He was reelected a month after the district attorney petitioned for his removal because of "highly inappropriate and racially charged statements" recorded in 2019.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:
Screen_Shot_2022-11-09_at_4.34.34_PM_b2c
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

“I don’t know what the hell she’s doing; it scares me though,” Lawshe told police, according to a recording of the call relayed by the girl’s mother.

Nobody ever asks the right questions. "What was it about this 9 year old spraying apple cider vinegar on neighborhood trees that you found so scary?"

• Halal 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I want to open an account just to close it

You’ll need to open and close your account with the state of Alabama, because it’s an Alabama state holiday 😑😑😑😑😑😑

Wasn't entirely sure of where to put this, but close enough. This is horrific. Everyone in charge of that jail where this man was held should be on trial for murder. What in the actual fuck.

Note: the link includes some pretty rough photos.

https://www.newsweek.com/2023/01/20/starved-death-american-jail-man-who-couldnt-pay-100-bail-1773459.html

• Guillotine 3

jesus fucking christ

Meanwhile, the restaurant was open to the public at the time of the event. Guests, some of whom had made reservations, were not informed by management about the last-minute event happening upstairs. Guests, including people of color, there for their own dinner plans were then shocked by what appeared to be a bustling event celebrating an officer who was part of the raid that killed a Black woman in her own home.

Cayce Johnson, a guest at the restaurant that night, told The New Republic that the lights dimmed in the middle of their meal. “The woman comes back on and introduces Jonathan Mattingly [one of the officers who conducted the no-knock warrant and raid that killed Taylor in March 2020], and everyone just roared upstairs—applause, cheers, and our mouths just dropped.” Sound carried throughout Anna’s, a retro-fitted old church.

4317be17638d17190324402d1d5ecc2b2a6ae232
NEWREPUBLIC.COM

The Republican Women's Club of South Central Kentucky held an event with one of the cops in the raid that killed Breonna Taylor. Diners unaffiliated with the event heard and saw graphic descriptions of the raid as they ate.

• Guillotine 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooops...

stock-image-interviewees.webp?w=1600&h=9
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The Virginia-headquartered tech company later accused a junior recruiter of writing the discriminatory job listing.

I did actually catch this one while it was live on Indeed before the company pulled it down and went on a social media blackout. I figured I'd wait for someone to pick up the story over sharing a listing that was definitely going to get pulled or sharing a thread from Reddit or Twitter. They're blaming the listing on a junior recruiter, but I can almost certainly be sure that person was just copy-pasting a job description from a hiring manager.

27 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Ooops...

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The Virginia-headquartered tech company later accused a junior recruiter of writing the discriminatory job listing.

I did actually catch this one while it was live on Indeed before the company pulled it down and went on a social media blackout. I figured I'd wait for someone to pick up the story over sharing a listing that was definitely going to get pulled or sharing a thread from Reddit or Twitter. They're blaming the listing on a junior recruiter, but I can almost certainly be sure that person was just copy-pasting a job description from a hiring manager.

Yeah, I saw this and knew they'd blame it either on a junior staffer or intern, and it looks like junior staffer pulled the short straw.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Ooops...

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Doing a little reading, it appears as though the company is nearly all South Asians. I kinda think they were looking for exactly what the listing said, a native born white person, but that wasn’t supposed to (obviously) be included in the job posting.

Very often firms like this one will look to hire white people to be the voice and face of the business as a counter to the bias against minority dominated businesses. So I think the story still fits the theme of the thread, but for a different and maybe more sad reason.