The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

7 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Many Asian communities are of the same mindset, its why they tend to be more supportive and tight nit then other minority communities. White folks dont want to sell me groceries , fuck em we build our own grocery stores.  

Except that they have access to captital that historically black communites don't have access too. It's why there are so many Korean Grocers in the hood and South East Asian 7-11 owners. there was a period of time where it was easier to get start up capital as a new to the country immigrant than an American born black person. I come from a community that encouraged self reliance and black entrepreneurship... it's what the Black Muslim movement in the 60's and 70's was all about, but the barriers were and still are VERY real. Even amongst highly educated black start ups.

• True 1

39 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

The facts of this case are way more complex than that as the linked article shows.

How? That article gave a pretty detailed retelling of what happened. It's the Post so it even favors the marine a bit. What it doesn't say is that while the guy was ranting, he never actually treatened anyone specifically according to witnesses and Neeley had him in that choke hold for over 15 minutes... way after the dude stopped resisting. Let's put it like this... whatever this mentally disturbed person did, it didn't warrant him being killed.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How? That article gave a pretty detailed retelling of what happened. It's the Post so it even favors the marine a bit. What it doesn't say is that while the guy was ranting, he never actually treatened anyone specifically according to witnesses and Neeley had him in that choke hold for over 15 minutes... way after the dude stopped resisting. Let's put it like this... whatever this mentally disturbed person did, it doin't warrant him being killed.

Exactly. Even if the guy was legitimately a threat initially, you're obviously trying to kill him if you keep the choke hold going for multiple minutes after he goes limp.

• True 1

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Except that they have access to captital that historically black communites don't have access too. It's why there are so many Korean Grocers in the hood and South East Asian 7-11 owners. there was a period of time where it was easier to get start up capital as a new to the country immigrant than an American born black person. I come from a community that encouraged self reliance and black entrepreneurship... it's what the Black Muslim movement in the 60's and 70's was all about, but the barriers were and still are VERY real. Even amongst highly educated black start ups.

The "model minority." It's kind of a fucked up situation when you look into it.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:
NYPICHPDPICT000010867639.jpg?quality=75&
NYPOST.COM

Jordan Neely, a 30-year-old homeless man with a long history of psychosis, had only been in his court-mandated mental health program for two weeks before he strolled out...

Nothing in the Murdoch Chudville Times article excuses Neely for murdering the dude.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nothing in the Murdoch Chudville Times article excuses Neely for murdering the dude.

Perhaps you can show me where I am saying such?

Guy should’ve been in an institution of some kind, penal or inpatient, but wasn’t. Society doesn’t care about this community until a story like this occurs then it matters. Hence the more complex part, but yes let’s only focus on the outcome of a systemic failure that is worsening by the day.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Also apparently Jan 6 traitors are fundraising for this guy. Not sure if he's the one who put the fundraiser up, heard a snippet on NPR and didn't catch who put it up.

Conservatives better be careful about supporting extrajudicial killings of people going on deranged rants in public, cause then it will be open season on Republicans, including the former president. 

10 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Conservatives better be careful about supporting extrajudicial killings of people going on deranged rants in public, cause then it will be open season on Republicans, including the former president. 

It might almost be worth it if this were true, but you know it's "rules for thee but not for me". :p

16 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Perhaps you can show me where I am saying such?

Guy should’ve been in an institution of some kind, penal or inpatient, but wasn’t. Society doesn’t care about this community until a story like this occurs then it matters. Hence the more complex part, but yes let’s only focus on the outcome of a systemic failure that is worsening by the day.

This guy is more likely to become Rittenhouse 2.0 than convicted. Convicted or not the left's level of energy to fix the systemic problems will be near zero. 

• Halal 2

Maybe because I've been gaslit so many times, but stories like this where policy is ignored are so infuriating. One Google search could have avoided all of this. 

230516130205-hertz-sign-file-rstricted.j
WWW.CNN.COM

Hertz has apologized to a Puerto Rican customer after one of its employees refused to rent him a car he had paid for in advance because he did not show her his passport.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Maybe because I've been gaslit so many times, but stories like this where policy is ignored are so infuriating. One Google search could have avoided all of this. 

WWW.CNN.COM

Hertz has apologized to a Puerto Rican customer after one of its employees refused to rent him a car he had paid for in advance because he did not show her his passport.

This stupidity is pervasive. DC had to literally change its licenses from District of Columbia to Washington, DC because TSA agents kept thinking they were Colombian IDs.

license.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

A D.C. resident nearly missed her flight last month after TSA officers at Newark Liberty International Airport questioned the validity of her ID, according to D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

WWW.CNN.COM

The issue isn't people being dumb, it's people being stubborn about their ignorance.

image-18.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The family didn't need passports to travel from L.A. to Puerto Rico because Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens and Puerto Rico is not an international destination.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The issue isn't people being dumb, it's people being stubborn about their ignorance.

image-18.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The family didn't need passports to travel from L.A. to Puerto Rico because Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens and Puerto Rico is not an international destination.

Spirit uses contractors for their ticket desks, not W2 employees. These people do not care. I doubt the management folks did any real follow up either as they go through tons of staff all the time.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Spirit uses contractors for their ticket desks, not W2 employees. These people do not care. I doubt the management folks did any real follow up either as they go through tons of staff all the time.

I get that they don't care, but it takes a certain level of stubbornness to demand a passport from two people, be presented with AMERICAN passports, and still claim they aren't American citizens.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I get that they don't care, but it takes a certain level of stubbornness to demand a passport from two people, be presented with AMERICAN passports, and still claim they aren't American citizens.

Oh yeah, I agree, the organization of an airline like Spirit just makes it that much worse. They have the lowest standards, and the constant churn means the company doesn’t hold anybody accountable for anything. So even when you look like an idiot, just dig your heels in and make these poor customers as miserable as you are 😂

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I flew on Spirit Airlines once, pretty big ripoff. Would not recommend.

I have taken them a couple of times when I had to do a day trip to L.A. and could fly with just my backpack. Was literally $53 round trip

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I have taken them a couple of times when I had to do a day trip to L.A. and could fly with just my backpack. Was literally $53 round trip

Well when I used them I had to do a connecting flight with 1 bag, so you have to pay for the bag both flights and including the way back (so like 4 times). In the end the whole thing cost me more than it would have Southwest which I was going to originally go with.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Jason said:
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

A Black student who spent more than a month on in-school suspension over his dreadlocks has been told he will be removed from his Texas high school and sent to a disciplinary alternative education program on Thursday.

I like that The current administration defends this as legal, not as something that's any good for the students. Meanwhile, the previous superintendent defends this as teaching kids to sacrifice something for the sake of conformity, while the only kids that are really being asked to sacrifice anything are black kids to bring them more in line with white beauty standards.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I like that The current administration defense this as legal, not as someone that sits any good for the students. Meanwhile, the previous superintendent defends this as teaching kids to sacrifice something for the sake of conformity, while the only kids that are really being asked to sacrifice anything are black kids to bring them more in line with white beauty standards.

A lot of white people still think their culture is some "default" world culture that all others are subservient to. They loved the white world monoculture of the 80's and 90's like nothing else. Imagine being so full of your own race you think your culture is some default culture of the world. My favorite part is when white people do clear white people things and they are puzzled when I say they're doing a very white person thing. "What do you mean, this is normal, this is a thing everyone does" sort of mentality. Everyone being white people in their eyes, thus making it par for the course. It's crazy.

"Let's teach kids about how it's important to be accepted by society at large for general life success . . . by only making one group conform". Genius.

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

A lot of white people still think their culture is some "default" world culture that all others are subservient to. They loved the white world monoculture of the 80's and 90's like nothing else. Imagine being so full of your own race you think your culture is some default culture of the world. My favorite part is when white people do clear white people things and they are puzzled when I say they're doing a very white person thing. "What do you mean, this is normal, this is a thing everyone does" sort of mentality. Everyone being white people in their eyes, thus making it par for the course. It's crazy.

"Let's teach kids about how it's important to be accepted by society at large for general life success . . . by only making one group conform". Genius.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'm just curious: what is something that someone said everyone does but actually only white people do? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'm just curious: what is something that someone said everyone does but actually only white people do? 

Obviously I know not only white people do it but things like obsessing over pumpkin spice latte season, expensive brunch, uggs, yoga, obsession with their pets, desire to be tan, thinking its "exotic" to have sex with a non-white person, asking where you're from (when has anyone asked a white person where they're from?), white people weddings and parties being a certain way, the way white people talk and interact frequently, the shows they generally gravitate towards and watch, etc. :p All of that isn't just generic world culture, that's all mostly white people shit first and foremost (and I partake in many of these things). There's a reason there's a segment of white people lashing out at the diversifying of the country and worlds' culture, no longer being a white monoculture.

It's a very: "you're being very white right now"; "I am?" situation. If I'm being super brown or some of my minority friends are being super black or super Asian or whatever, they each understand what they're being called out on. White people, until recently, have always been mystified about what they're being called out on as being a white people thing. "Doing this is a white person thing?" type of response. It's like they'd never considered othering their own culture to get some objectivity and perspective. Minorities feel it acutely so we're always aware of our own cultures by comparison.

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

thinking its "exotic" to have sex with a non-white person, asking where you're from (when has anyone asked a white person where they're from?),

I feel personally attacked! 

And I get asked where I’m from all the time, of course that’s when im abroad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I feel personally attacked! 

And I get asked where I’m from all the time, of course that’s when im abroad.

I'm not saying don't have sex with them (have sex with them!), but they aren't special just because you're white and they're not. :p And yeah, I'm speaking about America specifically, given it controls the world monoculture since entertainment and media are our biggest export (excluding military, etc.). Abroad makes a lot more sense.

I can assure you, at least in my experience, no minority woman has ever said having sex with a white dude is "exotic" by comparison, wonder why it's just one way! :p 

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not saying don't have sex with them (have sex with them!), but they aren't special just because you're white and they're not. :p And yeah, I'm speaking about America specifically, given it controls the world monoculture since entertainment and media are our biggest export (excluding military, etc.). Abroad makes a lot more sense.

I can assure you, at least in my experience, no minority woman has ever said having sex with a white dude is "exotic" by comparison, wonder why it's just one way! :p 

To be fair I was being more tongue in cheek with the getting asked questions, I got asked in Baltimore pretty often, but I was obviously not from where I was living and east-coast people just are. The fact they don't immediately know I'm American is simultaneously good and bad, like great I am not an asshole but what about me says European!

My experience has been a bit different with the later, but of course I don't have the typical experience/look and I have no doubts I was often the "piss daddy" off guy, especially for a few brown girls, moreso than "exotic" but find the right girl with certain kinks and that flips. Ugh I love my gf but I do miss being a slut sometimes. 

• Hype 1

34 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Hand written letters. Was visiting a friend and walking up the driveway he asked me if I could grab the mail. My immediate, real world response was "What in the white people world are all these hand written letters?"

I'm being completely half serious here...

Still. Are mailing Christmas cards, post cards, and birthday cards actually a thing people still do? I get those hand delivered or not at all. It's usually just a phone call or something.

• True 1

26 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

To be fair I was being more tongue in cheek with the getting asked questions, I got asked in Baltimore pretty often, but I was obviously not from where I was living and east-coast people just are. The fact they don't immediately know I'm American is simultaneously good and bad, like great I am not an asshole but what about me says European!

My experience has been a bit different with the later, but of course I don't have the typical experience/look and I have no doubts I was often the "piss daddy" off guy, especially for a few brown girls, moreso than "exotic" but find the right girl with certain kinks and that flips. Ugh I love my gf but I do miss being a slut sometimes. 

I forget, what's your ethnicity? But yeah it's pretty rare for minorities to ask a white person where they're from, and more often than not the white person doesn't even know, but will ask a minority the same question expecting them to know and is surprised when they don't. :silly: 

And for sure, given the idealization of whiteness amongst the minorities the British Empire in particular ruled have this weird desire to be more white. It's definitely a thing in South Asia and brown girls like pulling a white dude but it's not "exotic" and more like you said a kink or a desire to achieve money/status/social upward mobility (in their minds, white men provide this for brown girls). So I don't want to write off that white people aren't pursued (hell, terrible brown guys come to America just to go to clubs and just expect white girls to put out for them since their cultures don't let brown girls do the same, for instance), but it's not "exotic" (I'm a first generation Pakistani-American just to re-clarify, born in Philly, not religious or Muslim since I was 18 but was raised aggressively in the faith before then). 

17 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hand written letters. Was visiting a friend and walking up the driveway he asked me if I could grab the mail. My immediate, real world response was "What in the white people world are all these hand written letters?"

I'm being completely half serious here...

Still. Are mailing Christmas cards, post cards, and birthday cards actually a thing people still do? I get those hand delivered or not at all. It's usually just a phone call or something.

Family Christmas cards, the way the white family all put on Christmas sweaters and bring the dog into the picture and shit. Now it's more digital but still a white person thing for sure. Basically, if you watch Home Alone 1 or 2 and think: "that's just like my family", you are white. :p