Crackdown 3 "Still Needs Work"

skillzdadirecta

I stopped really looking forward to this game over a year ago.  At this point I think everyone would be surprised if it actually came out.  If it comes out and is enjoyable or above mediocre people will be even more surprised.  

They could have made the game from scratch just in the time it has been delayed.  

19 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Crackdown was a reasonably solid game.

Crackdown 2 was disappointing.

With that track record, I don't even know why people are so damn hyped for this 3rd game anyway.

In the defense of gamers, is there any meaningful base that is hyped for Crackdown 3, or is MS just trying to make it seem like  there is hype for it? :p 

2 hours ago, legend said:

In the defense of gamers, is there any meaningful base that is hyped for Crackdown 3, or is MS just trying to make it seem like  there is hype for it? :p 

It was announced during that conference where they were like “We have games and franchises, remember Crackdown and Phantom Dust?” And there was a megaton moment but then they admitted there were no games and cancelled Phantom Dust, Fable and Scalebound. For some reason not Crackdown though, yet.

40 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Im pretty sure the Dev's are already waving the white flag, it's MS that's saying its not done. 

Quite ironic given their approaches with ReCore, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, etc, this gen.  They haven't been consistent with how they treat troubled projects.  Every one of them seemed mismanaged in a different way.

20 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It was announced during that conference where they were like “We have games and franchises, remember Crackdown and Phantom Dust?” And there was a megaton moment but then they admitted there were no games and cancelled Phantom Dust, Fable and Scalebound. For some reason not Crackdown though, yet.

What have MS exclusives this gen even been? I guess Quantum Break? And I guess the completely bastardized MCC and Halo 5.

44 minutes ago, legend said:

What have MS exclusives this gen even been? I guess Quantum Break? And I guess the completely bastardized MCC and Halo 5.

Sunset Overdrive

D4

Forzas, GoWs

Crimson Dragon

Powerstar Golf

Sea of Thieves

Killer Instinct

Cuphead

Ori

Recore

Super Lucky's Tale

idunno ?‍♀️

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sunset Overdrive

D4

Forzas, GoWs

Crimson Dragon

Powerstar Golf

Sea of Thieves

Killer Instinct

Cuphead

Ori

Recore

Super Lucky's Tale

idunno ?‍♀️

Didn't realize Cuphead and Ori were Xbox/PC exclusive.

Otherwise that list seems pretty boring, but I'll grant you its at least a list. :p 

It's a little surprising Microsoft pulled it together as well as they did.  Last we heard, they were nearing 40 million consoles sold as of March 2018.  That's pretty respectable considering all the flack they caught before launch and the $500 price tag.

Especially before the X, a lot was riding on their own games.  Exclusives matter for a lot more if the hardware is weaker/overpriced.  Microsoft also needed to prove they didn't need Bungie and Epic's help.  But I suppose they did well enough?

Meanwhile, the Wii U flopped resolutely (13.5 mil) with arguably a better set of exclusives.  All goes to show that it's better for people to be pissed off than indifferent to your hardware.  One is a lot easier to undo.