~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

There's no point.  If the dems can't take the house, I'm done.

House was called for them.

But the talk from you sounds really down, man, as if it's affecting your personal/professional life. You're a cool cat; I'm totally down for talking with you some time,

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Dems can win the house and Trump will still say it's a red wave 

The Pod Save guys have, rightfully imho, been raging about how this year is likely to be a rough repeat of 2010.

And undoubtedly the narrative will be about Dems splitting the fight, or maybe even blowing it. Despite the fact that when Obama lost the House and kept the Senate it was a "shellacking".

No way to get around it. Pick whatever metaphor you want. Republicans are better at working the refs. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Republicans attack the press constantly, so they feel they have to give credence to their ridiculous claims lest they validate charges of bias.

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Democrats are just as stupid. It’s both sides inability/lack of a desire to try and understand the other side that has put this country where it is. 

That is literally a fat sack of horseshit. You mean somethings like this?

we-want-wan-to-kill-black-we-want-civil-

8 minutes ago, atom631 said:

This is exactly what will happen. Then he’ll scream obstruction for the next 2 years. 

Actually, I figured Trump would:

--send tweet after tweet about how Dems only took the house because of "voter fraud" by "illegals"

--will demand a complete recount of the entire election

--will try to impose an executive order to have said recount enforced, preventing the newly-elected officials from taking office

Just now, Emblazon said:

That is literally a fat sack of horseshit. You mean somethings like this?

we-want-wan-to-kill-black-we-want-civil-

Cherry picking. You just lumped ALL REPUBLICANS with KKK ultra right wing nut jobs. That attitude and complete dismissel and feeling of superiority of the left over the right is a big fucking reason shit is so fucked. 

15 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I think Beto is a great example of what I was referencing.  If he wins, it will be a minor miracle.  If he loses, I will pin it on his position on guns - or at least his perceived position on guns. I have no doubt that there were tens, if not hundreds of thousands of voters who held their noses and voted for Cruz, despite finding him smarmy and unlikable.  Many of these people are no doubt interested in O'Rourkes position on the economy, healthcare,  and other issues, but are not Democrats.  

And this makes no sense. He can't single handedly take away everyone's guns, nor will any type of measure get any type of support, yet even if a person is just in favor of universal background checks and linked federal and state databases to ensure guns do not get into the wrong hands, people will vote against their best interests in a dozen or more issues, such as healthcare, education, campaign finance reform, government subsidies, renewable energy research and development, scientific research, the environment, minimum wage, voter's rights, national debt and spending, worker's rights, anti-trust, ect. 

Vote against all of it, just on the off chance that the next time they want to buy a gun they may have to wait a day longer, or a few hours for a background check to come back to.make sure they were not discharged by the military with PTSD and other mental health disorders due to being a risk to themselves and their unit. 

That's just fucking brilliant. 

10 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Democrats are just as stupid. It’s both sides inability/lack of a desire to try and understand the other side that has put this country where it is. 

-Exactly, both sides work to undermine the other to better position themselves with talking points for next election...

-If Reps lose the house expect Trump to further demonize and blame the ills of the country on Dems.

Compromise is a word seemingly long forgotten