Breaking: Kevin Conroy sets the cowl aside and ascends to be the Eternal Dark Knight at age 66

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breaking: Kevin Conroy has become the Eternal Dark Knight at age 66
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breaking: Kevin Conroy sets the cowl aside and ascends to be the Eternal Dark Knight at age 66

FUCK. The absolute best Batman, you can argue all day long about Keaton vs Bale or any other combination but they are all just competing for 2nd place after Conroy.

Looking at some recent pictures of him he looked rail thin so it probably wasn't a sudden unexpected thing.

• Hugs 1

Ngl, I’m usually pretty numb about celebrity deaths. More like “well darn”. But this.. This news hit harder than I was expecting and broke me for a good 10-15 minutes. 

I was really hoping he’d reprise old Bruce Wayne in an updated adaptation of Batman Beyond.  

He changed the way Batman was played, and between him Paul and Bruce Tim, made the definitive Batman. He started playing Batman only 3 years after Simpsons started airing. As far as I’m concerned he’s been Batman for 30 years. My sister met him at a convention, as did many others, and from everything I’ve heard he acknowledged what he meant to people, even if he did think he deserved adulation and adoration. As he told me sister “I don’t do much” when she thanked him for all he’d done. 

Fucking Legend. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

15 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Ngl, I’m usually pretty numb about celebrity deaths. More like “well darn”. But this.. This news hit harder than I was expecting and broke me for a good 10-15 minutes. 

I was really hoping he’d reprise old Bruce Wayne in an updated adaptation of Batman Beyond.  

He changed the way Batman was played, and between him Paul and Bruce Tim, made the definitive Batman. He started playing Batman only 3 years after Simpsons started airing. As far as I’m concerned he’s been Batman for 30 years. My sister met him at a convention, as did many others, and from everything I’ve heard he acknowledged what he meant to people, even if he did think he deserved adulation and adoration. As he told me sister “I don’t do much” when she thanked him for all he’d done. 

Fucking Legend. 

Man, that video brought a tear to my eye. 

Kevin Smith has an amazing podcast with him on Fatman on Batman in its original form (the best podcast smith has done, he has interviewed real comic industry heavy weights). I need to find it and re-listen. 

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Man, that video brought a tear to my eye. 

Kevin Smith has an amazing podcast with him on Fatman on Batman in its original form (the best podcast smith has done, he has interviewed real comic industry heavy weights). I need to find it and re-listen. 

I first heard the story on the commentary for the Batman Gotham Knight anime movie. Somebody asked him to tell the story. I think it’s just one of those stories about him that went viral and everyone asks about it. And it’s also one of the best examples of what his role has done for people to bring them just a bit joy. 

This is horrible. Him dying and dying from cancer hits me. 

I'm glad I took the time in the mid to late 00's to go through most of the DCAU.

I need to beat Arkham Knight and should do a whole Arkham replay. Also I have a bit of the DCAU on Bluray. 

• Sad 1