The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

I have to wonder if anyone who got a leaked copy of the game has mentioned anything good or bad about the performance of the game. I'm expecting it to be on par with Breath of the Wild, but I certainly don't want to go looking for impressions from people who got it early for fear of getting something spoiled. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I have to wonder if anyone who got a leaked copy of the game has mentioned anything good or bad about the performance of the game. I'm expecting it to be on par with Breath of the Wild, but I certainly don't want to go looking for impressions from people who got it early for fear of getting something spoiled. 

I'm very curious about this to but will have to wait for spoiler free reviews to see how the performance holds up. 

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Are the leaked copies physical or digital? If digital, are they actually playing them on a Switch or via an emulator that might get better performance than actual Switch hardware? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Are the leaked copies physical or digital? If digital, are they actually playing them on a Switch or via an emulator that might get better performance than actual Switch hardware? 

People with OG jailbroken Switches are playing the game on native hardware. 30 fps cap, and you can definitely expect severe drops in certain situations. The game basically looks exactly the same, so I would expect similar performance.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

From what I heard it's physical copies as some place broke street date. 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, nublood said:

Noob question, but will there a difference between the docked versions on standard Switch and OLED Switch of this game?

They will run the same docked. Nothing about the OLED changed except battery life and the OLED screen.

• True 1

Man...I don't even own a Switch (well, my wife has a Switch lite) and I am tempted to go all in for this. Ocarina of Time is still my #1 console game of all time. I unfortunately played BOTW on Wii U (yuck) so it wasn't as good of an experience, but it was still amazing.

Am I doing this? Am I buying a Switch and TOTK?!

fox GIF by Bob's Burgers

• Sicko Sherman 1

44 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Man...I don't even own a Switch (well, my wife has a Switch lite) and I am tempted to go all in for this. Ocarina of Time is still my #1 console game of all time. I unfortunately played BOTW on Wii U (yuck) so it wasn't as good of an experience, but it was still amazing.

fox GIF by Bob's Burgers

Considering how good each entry in the main Nintendo franchises are, yes, yes you are. Along with getting MP Remastered, Metroid Dread, Super

Mario Odyssey, Luigi’s Mansion 3, both Fire Emblem games, and probably Nintendo Switch online (Expansion). 

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

fox GIF by Bob's Burgers

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

This game is coming out right as I'm about to leave on a long trip to Japan, which feels like a perfect time to actually use my Switch. Still, I was kinda dreading actually playing it handheld since I find it so uncomfortable, so I just ordered a clip to attach the Switch screen to a pro controller. Bringing the controller makes the whole thing a good deal less portable, but it'll be so much nicer to use on those long plane and train rides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think I'll get a digital copy come Friday. Husband is definitely gonna hog the CE he has preordered.

I'm getting the digital copy to. Do you know when you can download it?