The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

My new Zelda themed Switch is set for delivery today. 

Very much looking forward to getting home on the 13th to play, as I leave tomorrow for work and get back the morning of the 13th. This is one switch game I have no interest in playing in Handheld mode. Gonna sit back on the couch and explore. While I wait I'll go back to the FF collection on the Deck. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Minor-ish intro spoilers, not story-related

Hide contents

BotW haters are going to LOVE that the game literally starts with weapon degradation

That's been known for a while. It definitely annoys the shit out of me. 

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

People were even playing it on twitch apparently 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

People are the worst

Nintendo lawyers are probably going to get them permabanned.

They got some guy at gamestop fired for leaking the TOTK switch, they can do a lot worse to these people.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They got some guy at gamestop fired for leaking the TOTK switch, they can do a lot worse to these people.

Nintendo’s new ad campaign 

Fuck Around and Find Out

34 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No, they can't. They can't really do anything, they got the games legally and played it on a legal platform. It's not the responsibility of the consumer to worry about Nintendos arbitrary launch dates. Can they get them banned off Twitch/youtube? Sure, they have power with those companies. But there's no legal remedy to attack a consumer for legally buying your product. So they can't "do worse" to those people. They aren't pirates or hackers, they are gamers playing a game they bought.

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Aren't they playing on emulators? I thought it was like pokemon where the games were leaked online, not sold early.

No, as I understand actual physical copies were sold. 

If they are roms, then yeah, those people are SCREWED. 

16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

What's bad about being lucky enough to get a game early? Nobody is forcing you to play early, or to watch the streams?

Don't simp for Nintendo, it's gross. 

Nintendo da bess and they gunna have Mario tap dance all over they early playing ass

Video Games Dancing GIF

• Haha 1

I went to Kotaku and looked up their non story spoilers. Thankfully, my memory is shit so I’ll forget by next Friday but HOLY SHIT I’m hyped for this game.

Spoiler

There’s an entire UNDERWORLD underneath Hyrule now that’s the size of the BOTW map.

• Shocked 1

On 5/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, MarSolo said:

I went to Kotaku and looked up their non story spoilers. Thankfully, my memory is shit so I’ll forget by next Friday but HOLY SHIT I’m hyped for this game.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay it makes a little more sense now!

One thing I'm looking forward to with this game is being able to discover and discuss all the things of this game with you guys as we all play together. I got to Breath of the Wild about a year after it came out, so the discussion had died down by then, and it's been so long since I've gotten a major release at launch that I can talk about with everyone here. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

One thing I'm looking forward to with this game is being able to discover and discuss all the things of this game with you guys as we all play together. I got to Breath of the Wild about a year after it came out, so the discussion had died down by then, and it's been so long since I've gotten a major release at launch that I can talk about with everyone here. 

Honestly this is what's making it hardest for me to resist this game. I have a million games in my backlog, but playing through an epic game like this at the same time as everyone else here is extremely attractive. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave. :lol:

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Honestly this is what's making it hardest for me to resist this game. I have a million games in my backlog, but playing through an epic game like this at the same time as everyone else here is extremely attractive. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave. :lol:

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

• Sicko 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’m getting horny thinking about this game

I thought you were totally against this and weren't buying it. I initially said it will be amazing and now that it's a week away I'm excited.

I've barely seen anything on it other than a few new mechanics which all seemed cool. Can't wait.