Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So what does that mean?  Trump can't do anything to stop this anymore?

From a poster on ResetERA:

It's rather hard for Trump to appeal now, because the parts of Cannon's order that the 11th Circuit stayed have been stricken. An appeal of the stay may have just been mooted, because even if you reversed the 11th Circuit, there's no longer a court order requiring the special master for the classified documents.

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

I like how his public argument at this point really is just “i’m the president I get to do what I want and no laws apply to me”, if anything happens is really just going to hinge on if anyone wants to challenge that.

I feel like he had Bill Barr for years putting that out there with the unitary executive shit.  He just doesn't grasp that he doesn't have his people at the Justice Department covering him anymore.

34 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I feel like he had Bill Barr for years putting that out there with the unitary executive shit.  He just doesn't grasp that he doesn't have his people at the Justice Department covering him anymore.

"When Unitary Executive Theory Cuts Both Ways: A Play In Far Too Many Acts"

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:
3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a stark repudiation of Donald Trump's legal arguments, a federal appeals court on Wednesday permitted the Justice Department to resume its use of classified records seized from the former president's Florida estate as part of its ongoing criminal investigation.

A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • True 1

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lmao. Even if you buy this: so what? There’s still tons of classified shit he wasn’t supposed to have

I imagine at this point it's all legal delay tactics, political theater, and muddying the waters in the court of media and public opinion even if it's obvious to us. "Delaying the inevitable" may as well be on Trump's eventual tombstone.

The Special Master has requested that he be allowed to bring on a retired magistrate judge who possesses a TS-level clearance and served on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court  to assist him with the review.

At $500/hour.

d071f921-7c35-4de7-ae2d-0f82e3159052-AP_
WWW.USATODAY.COM

The special master reviewing 11,000 documents seized at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate asks for help from a retired federal judge.

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Special Master has requested that he be allowed to bring on a retired magistrate judge who possesses a TS-level clearance and served on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court  to assist him with the review.

At $500/hour.

d071f921-7c35-4de7-ae2d-0f82e3159052-AP_
WWW.USATODAY.COM

The special master reviewing 11,000 documents seized at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate asks for help from a retired federal judge.

• Haha 1