Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

At what point do we stop saying MAGA Republican and just say Republican? 61% is like... more than half. Like significantly more. Like MOST of them?

The threshold should be quite a bit higher than 61%, IMO. About 65% of Americans identify as Christian, but I cringe every time someone calls us a Christian nation. :p 

55 minutes ago, Nokra said:

The threshold should be quite a bit higher than 61%, IMO. About 65% of Americans identify as Christian, but I cringe every time someone calls us a Christian nation. :p 

Apples and oranges. They may Identfiy as Christian but ask them three questions, one are they practicing Christians, two do they  consider this to be a Christian nation and Three, do they think it SHOULD be. I'm willing to bet that that number goes down siginificantly compared to the amount of Republicans that are 100% on board the Trump train. I don't know what the reluctance in calling shit out for what it is in this country is about. The Republican party is TRUMP'S party. That's the harsh reality.

• Halal 2

When trump rode down the escalator he took upon himself the mantle of racial aggrievment in the form of a person. The Republican party has been courting those votes longer than I've been alive but now the animating force behind those votes and those voters is embodied in a man rather than an abstract concept. The Republican party has always been Trump's party.  The only thing that's changed is the deniability.

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

When trump rode down the escalator he took upon himself the mantle of racial aggrievment in the form of a person. The Republican party has been courting those votes longer than I've been alive but now the animating force behind those votes and those voters is embodied in a man rather than an abstract concept. The Republican party has always been Trump's party.  The only thing that's changed is the deniability.

So again... why the reluctiance to call them out?

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So again... why the reluctiance to call them out?

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

That is likely a comically low percentage of them.

Keep in mind the biggest constituency that fits the profile here are small in numbers but disproportionately represented in media and as heads of industry.

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Keep in mind the biggest constituency that fits the profile here are small in numbers but disproportionately represented in media and as heads of industry.

If this is the case, then what is wrong with calling them out? I really don't get it. Actually I do but thats a larger conversation.

34 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

It's politics. Hilary Clinton said the same shit eight years ago, was no less correct, and got absolutely pilloried for it 

That was before the 4 years of Trump and these fucks storming the capitol. If you can't call a spade a spade now then maybe it's time to finally admit what this country really is. Also anyone who thought that this country was going to put a woman in The White House after 8 years of a black family being there was deluding themselves. Especially THIS particular woman who The Right had spent 30 years villifying because she represented everything they hated about the women's/feminists movement of the 60's.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

This piece of shit right here...

631c0a4689d2b30018948026?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Trump requested a special master to review the documents seized at Mar-a-Lago and the DOJ, which appealed the move, wants him to foot the bill.

It would be fitting if that drops the Special Master thing, “What? I gotta pay for it?”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That was before the 4 years of Trump and these fucks storming the capitol. If you can't call a spade a spade now then maybe it's time to finally admit what this country really is.

A country partly ruled by an aristocracy that pretends to have no agenda and is the self-appointed arbiter of truth? One that's not beholden to electoral politics and skews conservative? I mean, I think a lot of us are there. I think there's a reason that trump's attacks on the media were so well received.

• Halal 1

23 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It would be fitting if that drops the Special Master thing, “What? I gotta pay for it?”

I'm sure he was never planning to pay a dime here. Get the Special Master, have the DOJ pay their half, and then never pay his half...maybe pay it when he becomes the Republicans nominee with some of that sweet Tripp Lite money.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That was before the 4 years of Trump and these fucks storming the capitol. If you can't call a spade a spade now then maybe it's time to finally admit what this country really is. Also anyone who thought that this country was going to put a woman in The White House after 8 years of a black family being there was deluding themselves. Especially THIS particular woman who The Right had spent 30 years villifying because she represented everything they hated about the women's/feminists movement of the 60's.

I get that for the most part, the MAGA/Republican thing is a distinction without a difference, but I think it's smart on Biden's part to shift focus on the MAGA portion, call it out, characterize it, vilify it, on the faint hope that "You don't wanna be them, do ya?" works on a couple million people.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

I get that for the most part, the MAGA/Republican thing is a distinction without a difference, but I think it's smart on Biden's part to shift focus on the MAGA portion, call it out, characterize it, vilify it, on the faint hope that "You don't wanna be them, do ya?" works on a couple million people.

Journalists have a chronic case of both siderism. I'm perfectly ok with Biden trying to clearly bring a third party into the story since it's easier to vilify the third party than it is to convince media coverage to not treat both sides as equals.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

I think it's smart on Biden's part to shift focus on the MAGA portion, call it out, characterize it, vilify it, on the faint hope that "You don't wanna be them, do ya?" works on a couple million people.

Oh i'm not faulting Biden for this strategy but he's getting flack for even doing that when he's making a clear distinction about who he's talking about. People are comparing it to Hillary's basket of deplorables comment (Which has also proven to be true btw) which is clearly isn't. All this sounds like, to me, is this nation's ongoing negotion with white supramacy and oppressive patriarchy. The whole "Let's not call racists and misogynists racist and misogynist because that's just going to make them MORE racist and misogynistic." thing. After everything we've seen the last six years people are still subscribing to this non-sense, huh?

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh i'm not faulting Biden for this strategy but he's getting flack for even doing that when he's making a clear distinction about who he's talking about. People are comparing it to Hillary's basket of deplorables comment (Which has also proven to be true btw) which is clearly isn't. All this sounds like, to me, is this nation's ongoing negotion with white supramacy and oppressive patriarchy. The whole "Let's not call racists and misogynists racist and misogynist because that's just going to make them MORE racist and misogynistic." thing. After everything we've seen the last six years people are still subscribing to this non-sense, huh?

She only said about half were deplorable. A wild undercount. 

fact check: FALSE

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

She only said about half were deplorable. A wild undercount. 

is that what she actually said? And she STILL got pilloried for maligning the WHOLE party. Just Like they're TRYING to do with Biden. He went through even more pains to distinguish who exactly he was talking about yet talking heads on both sides  have said he shouldn't lable the whole party :| BULLSHIT.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

is that what she actually said? And she STILL got pilloried for maligning the WHOLE party. Just Like they're TRYING to do with Biden. He went through even more pains to distinguish who exactly he was talking about yet talking heads on both sides  have said he shouldn't lable the whole party :| BULLSHIT.

“You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right,” Clinton said, drawing laughter and applause as she addressed about 1,000 donors at an LGBT for Hillary fundraising gala in New York City, “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it.” Adding that Trump had “given voice” to many of those elements through his campaign rhetoric and retweets, she continued that, “some of those folks—they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.”