January 6 Insurrection live hearings. UPDATE: Trump unanimously subpoenaed by committee

14 minutes ago, Brick said:

Can the good guys win for once? Please?

Good guys win all the time, but not in the ways that move nations and topple governments. They usually do it on a smaller scale with their loved ones. The larger arenas, like halls of politics, are for monsters and bastards. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Because then the Rage Walrus may not give him future interviews.

Dude... Jake DID ask a follow up about it. Just not in that edited clip.

lead-jake-tapper_1_aqhztr
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

“As somebody who has helped plan coup d’etat—not here, but other places—it takes a lot of work,” the former Trump adviser boasted while on-air.

The former Trump adviser continued: “Ultimately, he did unleash the rioters at the Capitol, as to that, there’s no doubt. But not overthrow the Constitution, to buy more time to throw the matter back to the states to try to redo the issue. And if you don’t believe that, you’re going to overreact.”

A few minutes later, Tapper circled back to Bolton’s casual admission that he’s been involved in international coups. “When we were talking about what is capable, what you need to do to plan a coup, and you cited your expertise in having planned coups,” the CNN anchor began.

“I’m not going to get into the specifics, but,” Bolton laughed, before Tapper asked: “Successful coups?”

The unapologetic war hawk went on to note that he wrote about Venezuela in his latest book, adding that it “turned out not to be successful.” During his time as Trump’s national security adviser, Bolton backed an unsuccessful attempt to oust Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro in 2019, which featured a “ridiculous” failed coup that was quickly foiled.

“Not that we had all that much to do with it, but I saw what it took for an opposition to try to overturn an illegally elected president. And they failed. The notion that Donald Trump was half as competent as the Venezuelan opposition is laughable,” Bolton continued.

“I feel like there’s other stuff you’re not telling me,” Tapper shot back.

“I’m sure there is,” Bolton chuckled before pivoting back to Tuesday’s hearing.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Stephanie Grisham just said on CNN that Trump knew his tweets could manipulate the stock market. That's GOTTA be illegal right?

I mean like half of what Elon Musk does is to deliberately manipulate the stock market and the most he's ever gotten is a slap on the wrist after his "taking Tesla private at 420" thing, so it kinda depends on how you define illegal.

7 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

I mean like half of what Elon Musk does is to deliberately manipulate the stock market and the most he's ever gotten is a slap on the wrist after his "taking Tesla private at 420" thing, so it kinda depends on how you define illegal.

The SEC basically enforces as “you manipulated the stock and made money… give us a cut, thanks”

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Who the duck butt dials with a smart phone?? My kid has done some crazy stuff in short time with a phone but this only proves, again, that Orange man is a toddler

People over the age of 50 don’t really have a concept of locking your phone before putting it back in your pocket 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Who the duck butt dials with a smart phone?? My kid has done some crazy stuff in short time with a phone but this only proves, again, that Orange man is a toddler

My daughter grabbed mine and managed to take a fantastic 3 second video of her forehead and her saying her name. It’s my favorite thing ever. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

People over the age of 50 don’t really have a concept of locking your phone before putting it back in your pocket 

If you're just overall sweaty (which Orange Man definitely is all the time) then weird things can happen when the phone goes in your pocket. Even if you lock the phone, unless you have it set to require authentication immediately upon locking, the sweat can wake the phone back up before reauthentication is required. Plus if you have the phone set to not require authentication to unlock while connected to your bluetooth headphones.

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you're just overall sweaty (which Orange Man definitely is all the time) then weird things can happen when the phone goes in your pocket. Even if you lock the phone, unless you have it set to require authentication immediately upon locking, the sweat can wake the phone back up before reauthentication is required. Plus if you have the phone set to not require authentication to unlock while connected to your bluetooth headphones.

Everything he owns must just be constantly damp.