January 6 Insurrection live hearings. UPDATE: Trump unanimously subpoenaed by committee

1 minute ago, Slug said:

I kind of wish these weren't live. Knowing they're live makes committee members think it's a platform for grandstanding. 

It's criminal that it's not daily hearings until the election. Use the Benghazi playbook. 

• Halal 3

20 minutes ago, Slug said:

I kind of wish these weren't live. Knowing they're live makes committee members think it's a platform for grandstanding. 

It 100% is a platform for grandstanding :p 

Just now, Chris- said:

The way they are laying this out so far is good. They are building the narrative meticulously. It’s also terrifying to watch the footage, which I had never previously seen. 

The footage is one thing, but the law enforcement audio communications is quite another.  There is absolute panic in their voices.

• True 3

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Surely the Committee provides the witnesses with the questions ahead of time, right?

I ask because how the hell does someone answer that question (the worst memory from that day) if not given it beforehand? 

Probably the trustworthy witnesses

Meh, I’d live to see consequences or enlightenment coming to the proper folks from this… but meh, the bastards are too good at this, the counter programming is doubly effective..

I already see my “friends” diligently spreading the narrative that Pelosi refused to call up the “10,000 National Guard soldiers” requested by President Trump… thus the attack on the Capitol building was the fault of the Dems

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It 100% is a platform for grandstanding :p 

Any congressperson that starts their "question" with something along the lines of, "When I sponsored Senate Bill #13A-9 The Freedom of Stuff and Things Act...." or something like that, they should immediately be recalled.

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I *still* can’t believe they didn’t just impeach trump that fucking night. 

Democrats are what's left of the party that let a bunch of racists from the south take over their name and party when they were looking to rebrand. Kicked out of their own party. They've never not been weak willed.

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What's the over/under on the year Fox News openly calls for a coup?

I actually think we have gun control to thank for this failing. DC doesn’t allow open carry or conceal carry without permit. In an effort to not allow cops to have a preemptive excuse to shut down what would become the riot organizers told people to not be armed. The then dc chief of police backed this view up by stating two days beforehand that those with guns would be jailed. 

With firearms I think they would have started shooting not long after breaching the capital. Or before it doesn’t matter. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I *still* can’t believe they didn’t just impeach trump that fucking night. 

Seriously should have been an immediate up or down vote. No need for a trial. 

"Okay, impeachment trial. Evidence: this morning." 

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I actually think we have gun control to thank for this failing. DC doesn’t allow open carry or conceal carry without permit. In an effort to not allow cops to have a preemptive excuse to shut down what would become the riot organizers told people to not be armed. The then dc chief of police backed this view up by stating two days beforehand that those with guns would be jailed. 

With firearms I think they would have started shooting not long after breaching the capital. Or before it doesn’t matter. 

Not to mention that the Oath Keepers had armed 'quick response' teams ready; they were absolutely prepared to take it that far if the opportunity presented itself.

• True 1

That poor woman, Officer Edwards, watching herself get knocked out. Amazing that there were that few officers against those freaks.

Also, nice touch to overlay Trump talking about peaceful protesters and love in the air at the end of that frightening montage.