January 6 Insurrection live hearings. UPDATE: Trump unanimously subpoenaed by committee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I actually don't know what happens now with the ball in DOJ's court. I'm hoping smart people come and explain that. 

Apparently the Hague prosecutor that Garland appointed a month ago can just go directly to prosecuting Trump without having to go through Garland first. I'm not sure if this stuff is something that's in that guy's purview though.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Apparently the Hague prosecutor that Garland appointed a month ago can just go directly to prosecuting Trump without having to go through Garland first. I'm not sure if this stuff is something that's in that guy's purview though.

Yes, January 6/election-related crimes are within Jack Smith's purview as special prosecutor.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Until he is actually indicted all of this is just a bunch of noise.

Yeah I'm really having a hard time seeing how it matters. Pardon the cynicism, but haven't we been down this road 100 times before? The Jan 6 Committee was always seen by the opposition as a political ploy, and regardless of truth, that's effectively all it's been.

• True 2

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

I actually don't know what happens now with the ball in DOJ's court. I'm hoping smart people come and explain that. 

It’s too close to an election for DOJ to do anything. We’ll have to wait for our democracy to collapse and no more federal elections before Garland can move. 

• True 2
  • Sicko 1

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

What happens is entirely up to the Special Prosecutor.

Substantively, absolutely nothing has changed with these criminal referral recommendations from the committee.

I am willing to bet that Jack Smith will pay little more than cursory attention to the evidence gathered by the committee in favor of the evidence already obtained by the DoJ and his own investigation.

Fuck all the naysayers: 2023 is looking like an amazing year, with Indiana Jones and the Dial Destiny, Tears of the Kingdom, and then FFVI finally being on the Switch. 

Trump gets indicted in the spring and is in handcuffs by the end of the summer.

Optimist Mar Solo reporting for duty!

• Like 1
  • Halal 1