Old video game commercials you remember.

CastletonSnob

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I remember this one... it was stupid even back then

That was the first one that popped into my head. I honestly don't remember ever seeing video game commercials on TV, and I never missed Saturday Morning Cartoons. I can remember stupid Bubblicious gum commercials, cereal commercials, toy commercials, McDonald's commercials, etc like they were yesterday, but I can't bring to mind a single game commercial besides this fucking stupid Zelda one.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That was the first one that popped into my head. I honestly don't remember ever seeing video game commercials on TV, and I never missed Saturday Morning Cartoons. I can remember stupid Bubblicious gum commercials, cereal commercials, toy commercials, McDonald's commercials, etc like they were yesterday, but I can't bring to mind a single game commercial besides this fucking stupid Zelda one.

I haven’t seen any of these. I guess Canada never got video game commercials 

While i'm a bit old oddly it's the N64 commercials I remember the most even though I was in my teens by then. The oldest commercial I can remember seeing on TV was the Final Fantasy 3 one but other than that I don't really remember many commercials from the nes/snes era other than what's been posted online.

57 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

This wasn’t really from my “childhood” (I may have been in my late teens or early 20s) but when I think of old game commercials, this one pops into my head every time.

:lol: Oh man I still remember this one. I wanted the game, helped along by Tokyo Wars being amazing in the arcades but I never got it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, legend said:

Came to post this one. The greatest piece of promotional gaming material I received in the mail that I never asked for.

I seem to recall one of my older brothers getting it, and told my other brother and I we needed to watch this. We were so excited at the prospect of rumble in a video game, especially towards the end when the guys in the ad talk about feeling the rumble. We kept imagining what the rumble would feel like, and how it would impact the game. "Like you're actually IN the game!"

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

I seem to recall one of my older brothers getting it, and told my other brother and I we needed to watch this. We were so excited at the prospect of rumble in a video game, especially towards the end when the guys in the ad talk about feeling the rumble. We kept imagining what the rumble would feel like, and how it would impact the game. "Like you're actually IN the game!"

The analog stick on my 3rd party controller hadn't failed yet when Star Fox 64 came out so I was still using it. Every now and then the rumble pak would rumble right out of the socket really ruining the experience. It was even worse with a 3rd party rumble pak (with 2x rumble and handy 4x memory card).

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Yup, There are sadly n64 games I still hold in high regards (Extreme G, Automobili Lamborghini) that most would be very meh over because they played them much later. It's kind of crazy because even better games on the system that I played much later I like less even though they are better game (Ridge Racer 64).

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

Yup, There are sadly n64 games I still hold in high regards (Extreme G, Automobili Lamborghini) that most would be very meh over because they played them much later. It's kind of crazy because even better games on the system that I played much later I like less even though they are better game (Ridge Racer 64).

Damn you said Automobili Lamborghini. I still have the cart for that.