Update: New Mexico issues "maximum" fine to Rust production company after report finds "serious and willful" safety violations

Emblazon

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Now that I think of it, he didn't use guns in The Rundown i don't think. I think that was his first big action role.

Wasn’t his character breakthrough in that movie learning to use guns again so he could save the guy from American Pie? I can’t remember. :p

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Now that I think of it, he didn't use guns in The Rundown i don't think. I think that was his first big action role.

Wasn’t his character breakthrough in that movie learning to use guns again so he could save the guy from American Pie? I can’t remember. :p

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I guess he changed his mind when Doom came out

spacer.png

Yes... like @Derek said, initially he wanted to avoid using guns in his movies. Doom was probably his third or fourth "big budget" action movie at that point so he probably realized it was something he was going to have to come to terms with if he wanted to be an action movie superstar. By the time he did Doom he had done The Scorpion King, The Rundown and Walking Tall (his big action roles) and a bunch of other non action stuff and I don't think he used a lot of guns at that point in his films.

Yeah in the Rundown he has a no guns rule and does a lot of “disarming and dismantling” of them. But in the last scene he’s forced to use them to save Stiffler. Complete with dual wielding shotguns which he flips and pumps under his armpits before flipping make and wiping out some more fools. He goes full Rambo at the end lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alec-Baldwin-Rust-Set.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

A second lawsuit has been filed against Alec Baldwin and the 'Rust' producers and armorer -- this time by the production's script supervisor.

The law suits from other crew are starting to stream in

14 hours ago, sblfilms said:
Alec-Baldwin-Rust-Set.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

A second lawsuit has been filed against Alec Baldwin and the 'Rust' producers and armorer -- this time by the production's script supervisor.

The law suits from other crew are starting to stream in

“The armorer’s lawyer has been floating a “sabotage” theory in the media to explain the tragedy that took DoP Hutchins’ life.

That theory hangs on the premise that something was underhanded because mere hours before the killing of Hutchins, several members of that team resigned from the $7 million Western, citing safety and financial reasons.”

That seems like a ludicrous stretch.  What even is the benefit?  People are walking off because it’s cheap and unsafe so you murder the DoP and… people come back to work?  

• 2 weeks later...
1876.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Police search Albuquerque firearms supplier after owner claimed he ‘may know’ where live rounds came from

Authorities are pursuing new leads on possible sources of live ammunition involved in actor Alec Baldwin’s fatal shooting of a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of a western, as they searched the premises of an Albuquerque-based firearms and ammunition supplier.

The search took place after a provider of firearms and ammunition to the ill-fated movie production Rust told investigators that he “may know” where live rounds came from, describing ammunition he received from a friend in the past that had been “reloaded” by assembly from parts.

• Shocked 1

106964317-1634873854833-gettyimages-1345
WWW.CNBC.COM

In a released excerpt of an "ABC News" interview, the actor said he does not know how a live bullet ended up on the set of the film.

Actor Alec Baldwin said he did not pull the trigger on the gun he was holding before a live bullet struck and killed a cinematographer and injured a director on the set of “Rust,” according to an excerpt from an “ABC News” interview released on Wednesday.

“The trigger wasn’t pulled,” he said in the excerpt which was shared on Twitter. “I didn’t pull the trigger.”

I see.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Is he saying he didn’t pull the trigger before the time he pulled the trigger that led to her death, or that it was someone else who pulled the trigger that led to her death?

He is claiming the gun went off without the trigger being pulled.

Which is possible, but less likely than he pulled the trigger...and neither scenario is provable.

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They had another incident on that set where a gun supposedly went off without the trigger being pulled so take that for what it's worth.

Didn't they have a handful of accidental discharges on set prior to this one? I feel like I've asked that question more than once, but I'm too lazy to go back and check.

I was curious how this could even be possible and found this, seems like a good explanation but I don't know shit about guns so...

colt-single-action-pacemaker-gun-stockpa
THERELOAD.COM

In his first major interview since being involved in a fatal shooting on the set of his latest movie, Alec Baldwin made a surprising new claim about his actions that day.

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

I was curious how this could even be possible and found this, seems like a good explanation but I don't know shit about guns so...

THERELOAD.COM

In his first major interview since being involved in a fatal shooting on the set of his latest movie, Alec Baldwin made a surprising new claim about his actions that day.

My immediate question as well. Thanks for enabling my insane laziness because I wasn't gonna google it. 

A second person says Baldwin didn't pull the trigger too.

AP21298567329952.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

The attorney for 'Rust' assistant director said his client insisted that Alec Baldwin did not pull the trigger on the gun that discharged on the set.

14 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

The assistant director should be fucked either way.

Right so he has no reason to lie for Baldwin.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've been near two accidental discharges with rifles in my life. The hand wasn't even on the trigger guard. I dunno what type of gun was used here.

How does that happen? I believe the guns used on this set were .45 Long Colts? I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Right so he has no reason to lie for Baldwin.

How does that happen? I believe the guns used on this set were .45 Long Colts? I could be wrong.

It happened when bolting shells into the chamber both times. Something must have jarred the firing pin. Once was outdoors when getting ready to shoot, but the other time was in the house and I was standing right next to it. Put a hole in the ceiling. These things can always happen. They're rare, but it's possible. That's why you practice proper gun safety and always have it aimed away from a person.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Amazatron said:

THERELOAD.COM

as stated in the article it is going to come down to whether this is transfer bar gun or not, being a replica it can very well be. This would take one second of looking at the gun to figure out.