"Switch Pro" incoming

Jason

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, we're talking about gamer chad mode here. Not piano bitch mode. You'd have a negative KDR if people did what you are spouting. 

Gamer chad mode?  I’m confused.  I don’t see any Mountain Dew and Doritos fueling him.  He’s not even sitting in a high performance gamer chair.

14 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Gamer chad mode?  I’m confused.  I don’t see any Mountain Dew and Doritos fueling him.  He’s not even sitting in a high performance gamer chair.

1. Mello Yello is better.

2. Real gamers don't eat while gaming. Especially not anything that gets the hands dirty. 

3. Gamer chairs are for posers. 

And if you do eat chips while gaming, real gamers know that you have to get chips that can be poured out of the bag and into your mouth. Cheese Balls, Cheetos, Fritos, Pretzel bites, popcorn, Chex Mix are examples of pourable chipish snacks. Dry cereal also works. A real gamer would make sure to chase the cereal with whole milk. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

1. Mello Yello is better.

2. Real gamers don't eat while gaming. Especially not anything that gets the hands dirty. 

3. Gamer chairs are for posers. 

And if you do eat chips while gaming, real gamers know that you have to get chips that can be poured out of the bag and into your mouth. Cheese Balls, Cheetos, Fritos, Pretzel bites, popcorn, Chex Mix are examples of pourable chipish snacks. Dry cereal also works. A real gamer would make sure to chase the cereal with whole milk. 

Put these in a bag tied to your neck for hands free eating!

92d346b96cd2fbe42f36607c3a976cf0.jpg

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

So you treat your kids like dogs. Good to know. :thumbup:

Reveal hidden contents

My kids are still young enough that pending to be puppies is still a thing. Either way, playing through HZD was much easier when I had a some Cookies and Cream Kisses to distract hungry toddlers.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I ain’t predicting bud. I am feeding the coal into the train. 

Train Hype GIF

why don’t you get off the train. K thx

i didn’t mean you, i meant all the “insiders” like there is obv some actual info but they keep hyping these dates that are hit and miss

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

The Switch is going to outsell the PS4 lifetime sales in roughly five less years. Until there’s a reason for a switch pro beyond the die hards wanting one, it ain’t gonna happen.

They could just make the Switch 2 a Switch Pro.  I wouldn’t put it past them.

14 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

A switch pro would be pointless now, anyone looking for more horsepower would just buy a steamdeck. Anyone who doesnt already own a switch probably isnt going to be swayed by more power and is more likely to buy due to a price drop of current hardware. 

That’s not true for most people.  A steam deck is running a weird OS and requires constant manual tinkering to get things to run.  They’re not even comparable to the average consumer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

That’s not true for most people.  A steam deck is running a weird OS and requires constant manual tinkering to get things to run.  They’re not even comparable to the average consumer.

While I don’t think the steam deck is any true threat to the switch, I don’t think your depiction of the steam deck experience resembles reality. 

13 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

While I don’t think the steam deck is any true threat to the switch, I don’t think your depiction of the steam deck experience resembles reality. 

What do you mean? Every time I click "play" I have to open a command line and type like a Hollywood hacker for 35 minutes before I get into a game!

It's really intellectually dishonest to represent the fact that some games require tinkering as "you have to do constant manual tinkering to get things to run" -- you CAN do constant manual tinkering, just like on PC. Or you can just stick to the 2,000+ Deck verified games and hit the play button same as on the Switch. Except they'll download faster, run better, and won't have shitty stick drift on every goddamn joy-con you ever buy! I've had stick drift on all my joy-cons so that means this is a fair representation of the average Switch user's experience btw.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

11 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

A switch pro would be pointless now, anyone looking for more horsepower would just buy a steamdeck. Anyone who doesnt already own a switch probably isnt going to be swayed by more power and is more likely to buy due to a price drop of current hardware. 

I mean, except for the tens of millions who would gladly buy more powerful switch hardware from Nintendo, Nobody wants that at all.

I love my Steamdeck, but it definitely isn't a replacement for the switch.

• Like 1