"Switch Pro" incoming

Jason

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah, but that 3080 took me like a month! Don’t wanna do that again.

I didn't know it took you a month to get the 3080. I take back what I said. I can't remember if the Switch was difficult for me to get. My memory is shit. Regardless, I understand your concern. My first move is to get the XSX then the PS5 later on. I will buy the switch pro, too. 

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't know it took you a month to get the 3080. I take back what I said. I can't remember if the Switch was difficult for me to get. My memory is shit. Regardless, I understand your concern. My first move is to get the XSX then the PS5 later on. I will buy the switch pro, too. 

switch was sold out pretty bad but not like we are seeing with stuff now, it was pretty reasonable to get if you really wanted one.

Are XSX’s hard to get? I never hear about people trying to get them like ps5.

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

switch was sold out pretty bad but not like we are seeing with stuff now, it was pretty reasonable to get if you really wanted one.

Are XSX’s hard to get? I never hear about people trying to get them like ps5.

The reason I want an xsx is because I'd like to finish valhalla playing it at 60. I also bought Cyberpunk on my Xbox so I will eventually want to play that. The ps5 is more appealing to me but I can hold off for a little. I'm excited for Resident Evil Village which isn't too far off. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The reason I want an xsx is because I'd like to finish valhalla playing it at 60. I also bought Cyberpunk on my Xbox so I will eventually want to play that. The ps5 is more appealing to me but I can hold off for a little. I'm excited for Resident Evil Village which isn't too far off. 

Makes sense to me, just buy a XSX this weekend.

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

That would be dope as fuck. I'd be all over Nintendo's balls again if they pull that off this holiday. 

Tell ya what. I’ll give you my Switch that has BOtW downloaded on it and you can be all over my balls. 

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Its no knock to the switch, you know how much I love the platform, it’s just what happens with all these systems around the time they hit 4+ years as developers try to make better looking games on power that has been tapped out.

BotW is a launch title and often runs badly.

I love the Switch, too. I have less of a problem with the performance of the system itself insomuch as I do with the fact that Nintendo itself hasn't been great at designing games to spec from jump.

Also I hope that a larger Switch means Joycons that don't blow ass? One hopes.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I love the Switch, too. I have less of a problem with the performance of the system itself insomuch as I do with the fact that Nintendo itself hasn't been great at designing games to spec from jump.

BOTW got patched to a good enough state imo and it runs at a decent resolution so I didn’t put it on my list, but yeah from the start you have an example there. I think it’s just that BOTW ran good enough for a launch game but things haven’t gotten better. The system was pretty much tapped out right away. Also just BOTW was amazing to see as a handheld game so any dips were kinda whatever in comparison but now in 2021 I’m ready to be impressed again or at least have everything run nice.

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The rumors are saying it's the same size. Basically less bezel to allow joy cons to work.

44 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Does the Procontroller drift. So far none of mine have but I wouldn't want to use the joycons in say Smash because of that.

I believe all current analog sticks are prone to it, just some more frequent than others.

19 hours ago, stepee said:

I believe all current analog sticks are prone to it, just some more frequent than others.

Lol as a follow up Pyra came out today so I decided to try out my waifu. I kinda prefer the joy cons to the pro controller in smash. Gamecube is still king but need more testing.

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I looked a couple days ago and they are still sold out so just as equally hard to get as a PS5.

That's terrible news. I am not DYING to get this so I'm putting minimal effort in trying to get it. I'll wait late spring or basically when village comes out.

7 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Apart from just having one to play some cross gen games - is there actually a reason to upgrade at the moment? I’d love a PS5, but what would I be buying it for really?

Games running well at a decent resolution pretty much, and Astro Bot!

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Apart from just having one to play some cross gen games - is there actually a reason to upgrade at the moment? I’d love a PS5, but what would I be buying it for really?

I would wait. There aren't enough exclusives out yet, and while playing PS4 games at a higher resolution and framerate would be nice, is it really $500 nice? No. Wait for a sale or bundle. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

I would wait. There aren't enough exclusives out yet, and while playing PS4 games at a higher resolution and framerate would be nice, is it really $500 nice? No. Wait for a sale or bundle. 

I'm waiting for Village and Ratchet before I even attempt to get one of these consoles. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I'm waiting for Village and Ratchet before I even attempt to get one of these consoles. 

I have such a hefty Playstation 3 and 4 backlog that I can wait for a PS5 Pro, but of course by then I'll have a bunch of games to catch up on. The backlog never ends! :p

1 minute ago, Brick said:

I have such a hefty Playstation 3 and 4 backlog that I can wait for a PS5 Pro, but of course by then I'll have a bunch of games to catch up on. The backlog never ends! :p

There's no way I'd wait for a ps5 pro. I mean do we even know for sure that they will do mid cycle consoles this gen?

54 minutes ago, Brick said:

We do not, but they've set the expectation from last gen. 

39 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

The fact they can’t offer 4K, ray-tracing and 60-120FPS means they have to at some point.

Good points but I'm not a fan of it. No doubt I will buy the newer versions in 3 years, though. :p

On 3/4/2021 at 5:36 AM, Paperclyp said:

I hope they release at $300 but I’m guessing $400. I need a new switch, mine sounds like a jet engine when it boots, I think one of the fans is busted.

This is an odd comment. I have never ever even heard my switch while it's on or off, docked or handheld. I have felt it reach warm while playing but is there really 2x fans in the unit itself?

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

This is an odd comment. I have never ever even heard my switch while it's on or off, docked or handheld. I have felt it reach warm while playing but is there really 2x fans in the unit itself?

Well again, have you dropped your switch several times onto a hard surface? 

I suggest you experiment a little before casting doubt on my claims. 

• Haha 1

Well I can't say that I have dropped the unit itself so you have me there. Look at us getting along and everything...lol After reading your comment I did google Nintedo Switch loud fans and found plenty of people with the issue. Below is a quick link to a YouTube fix for fans and thermal paste, it looks really easy. Hopefully this can help you?

Switch fan fix and thermal paste

• Like 1