"Switch Pro" incoming

Jason

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

I don't see that fully happening to be honest. There is still a bandwidth cost to the whole process and while an x1 can do 4k the switch actually ran underclocked from the x1 in the shield. I just feel if a game is really going to run at 4k even upscaled the games will not really look that much better. 

So in my opinion, I think people should temper their expectations on the switch pro, it will be a nice upgrade but not what I think people are really hyping themselves for (i foresee another new 3ds, which for the most part only really brought improved framerate in most instances).

DLSS Performance mode can take 1080p to 4K-ish with very little overhead.  That’s a much lower bar to reach than you’re making it out to be. Nintendo’s Nvidia partnership makes it an apples to oranges comparison to other consoles, at least in the here and now.

I don’t expect it reach DLSS Quality mode fidelity, since I expect 1080p to be the native resolution that’s fed into the algorithm.  But I don’t think it’s crazy to expect great things from that either.   We’ve already seen how well it works.

19 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I dunno why, but I’m still skeptical about all of this. 

I’m not even sure if I want to be proven wrong or not.

Honestly, same? Tonight seems wayyyyy too good to be true. I feel like they would have a bigger thing then drop it at the end but maybe they want to do this separate so they can show pro games for e3?

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Honestly, same? Tonight seems wayyyyy too good to be true. I feel like they would have a bigger thing then drop it at the end but maybe they want to do this separate so they can show pro games for e3?

The tweet by Jason was deleted but he states it's coming and could be announced today. 

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Really? 

I fear I’ll never find one. Tired of these shortages. 

Bosman said it on his most recent video: the planet is producing as many chips as it possibly can. There isn't a factory on earth capable of making chips that isn't doing it.

The problem is blockchain miners which is compounded by scalpers. My 970 just died and those fuckers are selling for more now than they were 5 years ago. Any stock drops gets bought out by scalpers with bots within seconds.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Bosman said it on his most recent video: the planet is producing as many chips as it possibly can. There isn't a factory on earth capable of making chips that isn't doing it.

The problem is blockchain miners which is compounded by scalpers. My 970 just died and those fuckers are selling for more now than they were 5 years ago. Any stock drops gets bought out by scalpers with bots within seconds.

It really sucks. 

On 5/28/2021 at 4:52 PM, best3444 said:

We've been played by Nintendo once again.

In Soviet Russia, Nintendo plays YOU!

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is there going to be an E3 of any sort this year? If so, that's when it will be announced. 

Yes, there is an E3 this year.

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, but they don't have much on their plate so using E3 for this announcement makes sense. To me at least.

E3 this year isn't going to be the E3 or previous years, and in generally they have always done a direct around E3 time for a long time now.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

So why do people think Nintendo will announce and show the new Switch before E3?

Get the announcement out of the way, and then use it to drum up excitement for their E3 show, which will delve into it, and the games more. Same reason games have pre-E3 teaser trailers.

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

E3 this year isn't going to be the E3 or previous years, and in generally they have always done a direct around E3 time for a long time now.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

Get the announcement out of the way, and then use it to drum up excitement for their E3 show, which will delve into it, and the games more. Same reason games have pre-E3 teaser trailers.

I got it. I never really followed what Nintendo did. 

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, but they don't have much on their plate so using E3 for this announcement makes sense. To me at least.

Nintendo‘s plate is actually always full. More so than any other company. They just keep their cards close to their chest at all times. For better or worse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Nintendo‘s plate is actually always full. More so than any other company. They just keep their cards close to their chest at all times. For better or worse.

Really? Because the last 2 years have been a pretty empty plate. I mean, AC is what it is, people love it. Paper Mario was an uninspired cash grab. 

Im hoping this is truly because of switch pro and them wanting a blowout announcement with big games.