"Switch Pro" incoming

Jason

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Really? Because the last 2 years have been a pretty empty plate. I mean, AC is what it is, people love it. Paper Mario was an uninspired cash grab. 

Im hoping this is truly because of switch pro and them wanting a blowout announcement with big games. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Origami King was actually really good and easily the best paper mario since thousand year door.

I mean, im glad you like it, but its almost universally disliked. 

39 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

spacer.png

Name me Nintendo's amazing games? Mario and BotW are 4 years old. Mario Kart is older. The Lets Go Pokémon games weren't good. As I said, Animal Crossing is its own thing, but otherwise there is nothing. Ports of old games and cash grabs. Its been a couple of years since they've given us a great game, and the console has showed its age terribly. 

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Name me Nintendo's amazing games? Mario and BotW are 4 years old. Mario Kart is older. The Lets Go Pokémon games weren't good. As I said, Animal Crossing is its own thing, but otherwise there is nothing. Ports of old games and cash grabs. Its been a couple of years since they've given us a great game, and the console has showed its age terribly. 

Actually? Yeah...you're 100% right.

*throws Switch in trash*

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I actually 100% agree with this. I haven't touched my switch in years now. I don't like animal crossing either. BOTW2 needs to come out this year.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

If you see a a game like Origami King as an uninspired cash grab, you probably do for Fire Emblem Three Houses and Luigi’s Mansion 3 as well.

Nintendo hasn’t been at their best for too long, we can agree there.  But the reductivist take is absurd.

26 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If you see a a game like Origami King as an uninspired cash grab, you probably do for Fire Emblem Three Houses and Luigi’s Mansion 3 as well.

Nintendo hasn’t been at their best for too long, we can agree there.  But the reductivist take is absurd.

No, i love fire emblem, and Luigi's mansion was brilliant, but extremely short as well. There hasn't been anything really special from Nintendo in years. I want the next Mario, a new Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, not filler games. I know they sell well, but the games of the last two years are gap fillers. I want more.

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

No, i love fire emblem, and Luigi's mansion was brilliant, but extremely short as well. There hasn't been anything really special from Nintendo in years. I want the next Mario, a new Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, not filler games. I know they sell well, but the games of the last two years are gap fillers. I want more.

I’d rather they took their time on Mario and Zelda than tried to rush a sequel out in (much) less time.  Metroid, we already know what happened there.

Mario Kart team was on ARMS and it’s DLC at latest.  Who even knows if they’re working on MK next.

55 minutes ago, stepee said:

So what COLORS are you hoping this will be. I’m hoping for an orange launch unit finally!

Meh screw colors. Nintendo needs to take a page from the n2DS and get into themed systems with texture.

spacer.png spacer.png

The whole limited n2ds line was like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The biggest game of the past year. "It is what it is."

Yes.. wonderful gameplay there. 

Yes it sold, its also came out at the beginning of a pandemic where everything sold like crazy. It still won't be talked in a year or so outsideof sales talk. Odyssey and BotW will be influencing games for the next decade.

50 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes it sold, its also came out at the beginning of a pandemic where everything sold like crazy. It still won't be talked in a year or so outsideof sales talk. Odyssey and BotW will be influencing games for the next decade.

Animal Crossing is a giant game that is almost a genre to itself...you just don't like the genre. That is fine...but it's like me saying that Call of Duty doesn't count as a successful game because it's just the same thing over and over and I don't enjoy it very much.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Origami King was actually really good and easily the best paper mario since thousand year door.

Yup. I didn’t love the combat but it is a well crafted game that had some great moments. The uninspiring comment is a bizarre take for this entry. You want to say that about the Yoshi and Kirby games? Definitely, but not this game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

What games are Mario Odyssey influencing?

I haven't gotten a game on the Switch since SMO. For me, there is basically nothing on that console worth playing. The only game I want but still haven't gotten is Fire Emblem. I had more games on the Wii U by this point. I mean, I have only gotten 4 games total so far. BOTW, SMO, XBC2, and Smash Bros. The Nintendo Switch has a dogshit library that feels like 90% remakes/ports. Then you have shit like Pokemon Snap and Animal Crossing which are shitty non-games for non-gamers. It is still suffering from getting new ports of old games, just like the Wii U, but that doesn't really matter cuz lol third party on nintendo. 

I mean, it isn't just Nintendo tho. I was talking to my brother, and for me there just aren't any games. I think the last new game I got was DOOM Eternal. Like Since DOOM Eternal I have only been playing old games. Monster Hunter World, Code Vein, ELEX, WoW, FFXIV, and I'll be playing FFXII here soon. It feels like I maybe only get one or two games a year now and I have to supplement it with something I passed on previously or an MMO. There aren't any games coming out this year either. If it wasn't for Endwalker there would be nothing new at all. Even tho 343 puts out more shit than my asshole I might get Halo Infinite just so I can play something "new". 

The Switch is probably my favorite console of all time...It has some of the best iterations of Nintendo's classic IPs, its overall library (including ports and indies) is phenomenal, and its functionality is infinitely more impactful than I ever thought it would be. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The Switch is probably my favorite console of all time...It has some of the best iterations of Nintendo's classic IPs, its overall library (including ports and indies) is phenomenal, and its functionality is infinitely more impactful than I ever thought it would be. 

this man belongs to a cult and needs help getting out 

26 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

What games are Mario Odyssey influencing?

Yeah, I don't know if I see Mario Odyssey is going to be very influential, not even among future Mario titles. Now Bowser's Fury? That's a different story. That game, I believe, was a wildly successful experiment on Nintendo's part and I'm looking forward to the ideas created there being iterated on in the future.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Honestly I’m not far from this. It’s my favorite in a long time that’s for sure. I’ve slowed down on it since I’m kinda ready for an upgrade but man I’ve spent a LOT of time on that console. Especially as a pc gamer, I probably spent more time on it than the other consoles combined the last two gens. The combination of a great place to play indies, Nintendo games, and real honest console like games portable really works for me. That and I actually love how uncluttered and simple the ui is, and the device itself, especially the lite, is the most comfortable for me of any handheld so far.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

this man belongs to a cult and needs help getting out 

The last few games I played were on PC, but I'm going to have to agree. The Switch is a fantastic console. It's also the perfect place for indies. The last game I played on the Switch was the indie title Jenny LeClue: Detectivu which was a ton of fun and just works so damn well on the Switch. If given the option, I'd normally buy a game there than any other platform due to it's flexibility. Games like Carrion, Spiritfarer, Slay the Spire, or whatever are perfect in the Switch. I don't understand what anyone would get choosing any other platform for indie games that aren't exactly GPU intensive.

38 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I haven't gotten a game on the Switch since SMO. For me, there is basically nothing on that console worth playing. The only game I want but still haven't gotten is Fire Emblem. I had more games on the Wii U by this point. I mean, I have only gotten 4 games total so far. BOTW, SMO, XBC2, and Smash Bros. The Nintendo Switch has a dogshit library that feels like 90% remakes/ports. Then you have shit like Pokemon Snap and Animal Crossing which are shitty non-games for non-gamers. It is still suffering from getting new ports of old games, just like the Wii U, but that doesn't really matter cuz lol third party on nintendo. 

It’s ironic considering what the Switch is, but I mostly agree.  They didn’t keep the momentum going, and opted to double down on remakes when they already were falling back on Wii U ports (understandably).  I hate that I’d have to buy 3D World to play Bowser’s Fury.  I have no interest in Link’s Awakening again.  And all the Smash updates are moot considering they still haven’t fixed the the input lag.  (Or online, for those who care to enough to pay the fee)

Part of me feels like I could be swayed to a different view if Metroid Prime 4 never had to restart production or Covid wasn’t an issue.  The Switch’s 2020 or 2019 was also no where near as bad as the Wii U had it at times.

But there’s also fewer 3rd party exclusives.  Not surprising, but traditionally those games added a lot of value to Nintendo’s consoles.  And I’m not just being revisionist about that.  Anyways, today it’s no longer tenable.  Nintendo can’t get the same publishing deals they used to.  More if it is bottom of the barrel, like Devil’s Turd or Deadly Premonition 2.

There’s still plenty of time for them to have another genuine E3 blowout, and show us that Switch is in fact their best effort ever.  There’s just a steeper hill to climb to get there now.

Pokemon Snap is great though.  I’ll get the new one when it’s cheap.  Probably after Switch is dead, lol.

18 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The last few games I played were on PC, but I'm going to have to agree. The Switch is a fantastic console. It's also the perfect place for indies. The last game I played on the Switch was the indie title Jenny LeClue: Detectivu which was a ton of fun and just works so damn well on the Switch. If given the option, I'd normally buy a game there than any other platform due to it's flexibility. Games like Carrion, Spiritfarer, Slay the Spire, or whatever are perfect in the Switch. I don't understand what anyone would get choosing any other platform for indie games that aren't exactly GPU intensive.

I mean, I have zero desire to play the switch handheld. Never have outside of testing it out. I'm not gonna take it to bed with me or something. Like, and I don't really care about the technical aspect unless the shit is really bad, like 25 FPS and non-stop screen tearing. Just, I have zero desire to split games across platforms for no reason. Anything I can do on the switch with indies I can do on the PC with my controller. My monitor is 1440p and 144hz. My TV is 1080p and 60hz. I don't see why I would turn on a whole different inferior media center just to play indie games. I don't get why I would play handheld when the switch is uncomfortable to play in HH mode and I have the far superior pro controller.