"Switch Pro" incoming

Jason

11 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

That’s not true for most people.  A steam deck is running a weird OS and requires constant manual tinkering to get things to run.  They’re not even comparable to the average consumer.

I mean, it's really easy to use, and the SD ready list grows constantly. The only tinkering I need to do is when im doing something it wasn't designed for.

• True 1

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Goddammit I thought this got bumped because there was a new rumour or leak. 

I mean fuck, even if we got a Switch Pro, what would that mean? Every time they put out a "New" version of hardware with more power, like 3 games are exclusive to it, another 10 or so get a slight FPS boost (or worse, are technically not exclusive to it but run like absolute ass if you're on the OG hardware) and then the rest... nothing.

I think a Switch 2 makes a lot more sense if we want to see a measurable improvement across the board. Of course, that means restarting the entire ecosystem again unless they figure out that doing that fucking sucks, but it's Nintendo so maybe we'll get friend codes via NFC where you can only add friends in-person by bumping Switch 2s or something.

That's the thing with Nintendo, nothing's ever fuckin' simple and everything's a huge secret.

• Halal 2

18 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

That’s not true for most people.  A steam deck is running a weird OS and requires constant manual tinkering to get things to run.  They’re not even comparable to the average consumer.

That is not remotely accurate to reality.

I own like 300 steam games, I've played about 60 of them deck and I can count on 1 finger the number of times of needed to do any tinkering at all. It just works.

There are exceptions of course but it's not at all how you describe it even many of the games listed as 'unplayable' by valve usually work flawlessly

• Thanks 1