LEGALIZED IT

Joe

As a resident of Oregon, congrats.

It's not my wife and my cup of tea, but last month for her birthday we had her parents watch our son, and went to the local weed shop and got edibles. It was a completely surreal experience, because back in high school / college it was texting 7-10 different people asking if they were "holding."

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

I remember when there was a vote on this in Ohio and one of our conservative-ish members voted against it and the best he could come up for why is to say, "It's against the law!".

Seemingly unable to follow the simple logic that "it's against the law" is not an actual justification for why as a citizen deciding on whether or not it should be the law means it should.

This written statement seems to be having trouble getting over that same basic premise that...yeah...we don't want pot to be illegal anymore. That's kind of the whole point, Barney Fife.

Cops not being able to snare people into a web of illegality("I smelled pot" quickly turns into obstruction, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer, etc.) over the claim of smelling pot is not a tragedy. It's a huge reason legalization needed to happen.

Though, to be fair, this statement also comes across as trying to warn thick headed cops that smelling pot is no longer a magic phrase. It's a coded warning that they need to make up some new bullshit justification. 

18 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I remember when there was a vote on this in Ohio and one of our conservative-ish members voted against it and the best he could come up for why is to say, "It's against the law!".

Seemingly unable to follow the simple logic that "it's against the law" is not an actual justification for why as a citizen deciding on whether or not it should be the law means it should.

This written statement seems to be having trouble getting over that same basic premise that...yeah...we don't want pot to be illegal anymore. That's kind of the whole point, Barney Fife.

Cops not being able to snare people into a web of illegality("I smelled pot" quickly turns into obstruction, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer, etc.) over the claim of smelling pot is not a tragedy. It's a huge reason legalization needed to happen.

Though, to be fair, this statement also comes across as trying to warn thick headed cops that smelling pot is no longer a magic phrase. It's a coded warning that they need to make up some new bullshit justification. 

The ohio ballot measure was very very bad. Many MJ legalization groups came.out against it!

32 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I wonder when neighboring states like PA will do so.  I've never tried it, and have no desire to, but I know people that do.

I'm hoping soon because I'll have to keep driving to Camden otherwise. But this is great news for NJ and I'm glad I won't have to deal with drug dealers anymore to get my weed. 

PA will probably take awhile because it's a commonwealth, unfortunately. I don't remember the details as to why that would delay it but that's what I remember being the explanation. 

As I type this out after taking a few bong hits of my home grown White Widow. I would like to say CONGRATS NJ!!! Now does this also allow for people to grow their own weed?

here’s a pic of my current grow. I’m day 58 and as of Sunday I will be changing my light cycle to 12/12 and get them flowering. Red Cups are a few clone attempts I have going on at the moment. Will maybe keep 2 for myself. Rest I give out to friends, co-workers, and family.

Lemonchello Haze - Creamcicle - Pineapple Chunk

Moby Dick - Diesel Drift - Chocolate Mint OG

Dr Seedsman 30:1 CBD, Lemon Amnesia Kush - Bruce Banger

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I believe home growing is still verboten.

Also, @Greatoneshere if you don’t mind me asking, why Camden specifically?

Damn was hoping to grow my own. 

I currently purchase from some dude wit a website. Hope he gets a license. 

Also 3G for 55 dollars is an okay price right. Any one have experiences on how much weed costs in other legal states.

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Also 3G for 55 dollars is an okay price right. Any one have experiences on how much weed costs in other legal states.

That seems expensive to me, and I already think our prices in Ontario are high. Although checking with the online store. The most expensive at 3.5g came to $52Cnd. Hopefully homegrown will be amended into this legalization soon for you. 

thankfully I haven’t needed to buy from them with my home grown 

38 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

That's roughly how much it costs in Illinois before tax (which is also crazy high) 3.5g ends up being like $75+ after tax. Edibles are even worse, 100mg of edibles is like $30-40 bucks after tax... in Colorado, the same amount is roughly $10.

It's way cheaper in states where it's been legal for a while and supply has caught up to demand. I always buy shake. I can get like 7g of good quality shake for like $100 bucks or less after tax.

Weed in Colorado and Cali is like half the price (or less) as it is in Illinois...

In Missouri it's been mostly decriminalized everywhere I go (it's county by county) and they just started having medicinal. If you have a medical license you can grow your own.

47 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Also, @Greatoneshere if you don’t mind me asking, why Camden specifically?

I live in Philadelphia and Camden would be the quickest/easiest location to pick up stuff from in relation to where I live (just a hop, skip, and a jump over the bridge). It doesn't have to be Camden, but that seems like the quickest location that would actually open up a proper weed store (I didn't mean to imply that I currently go to Camden - I have a guy in Philly I buy from currently, I meant Camden once it's sold legally in NJ). 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

You forgot about non-shit pizza

#ThisAPizzaThreadNow

Oh shit @Spork3245 is firing more shots. Let's go. Can't we all just be happy we live in an area of the Northeast where there's great pizza everywhere? NYC has great pizza. NJ has great pizza. Hell, Philly has great pizza (and better cheesesteaks). It's an embrassment of pizza riches.

But c'mon, NYC has the best pizza. Ah fuck you got me going again I am not doing this. :p 

34 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh shit @Spork3245 is firing more shots. Let's go. Can't we all just be happy we live in an area of the Northeast where there's great pizza everywhere? NYC has great pizza. NJ has great pizza. Hell, Philly has great pizza (and better cheesesteaks). It's an embrassment of pizza riches.

But c'mon, NYC has the best pizza. Ah fuck you got me going again I am not doing this. :p 

Chicago pizza is far superior! :cool:

1200px-Chicago-style_pizza.jpg

If the pricing structure is anything like it was when Oregon and Washington legalized weed, it'll probably be pretty fucking expensive for the first year or so. I remember when Washington legalized, it was like $25/gram for a while. Oregon never hit that high, but it was still expensive when it was first legalized. Then there was kind of a race to the bottom for prices as more growers entered the space. I don't smoke weed very often, but I want to say it's now like $9/gram and up, depending on what you're getting. I know I bought a preroll for a friend visiting from out of state that was like $20, but it was something absurd like 25% THC. Something that would have straight up put me in a coma.

Depends on your terpenes and Sativa, Hybrid or Indica. Some of the higher end will not be as strong as say a pure landrace Sativa. I’m planning on trying my first pure Sativa in my next grow called Malawi (Ace Seeds) and is from Africa with an 14-23% THC. They said enough of this at 18% is very psychedelic. Strain being from Africa is also known as the Elephant Stomper, they’re known to eat the plant and well, knocks them out cold with the psychedelic high they endure

Also planning on my next tent grow to have a few high THC strains like Mimosa EVO at 29% and Crystal METH at around 27%

6 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Depends on your terpenes and Sativa, Hybrid or Indica. Some of the higher end will not be as strong as say a pure landrace Sativa. I’m planning on trying my first pure Sativa in my next grow called Malawi (Ace Seeds) and is from Africa with an 14-23% THC. They said enough of this at 18% is very psychedelic. Strain being from Africa is also known as the Elephant Stomper, they’re known to eat the plant and well, knocks them out cold with the psychedelic high they endure

Also planning on my next tent grow to have a few high THC strains like Mimosa EVO at 29% and Crystal METH at around 27%

Jesus Christ lmao

15 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah, which bugs me a little.  Now there's a legal substance that's legal to own and legal to consume and (once they license the dispensaries) legal to purchase.  But if it has roots in a pot of dirt it's now illegal?  That's stupid.  It's us and I think Washington as the only two legal states that don't allow at least some form of home grow.  I know why they don't allow it, but it's dumb rich folk bullshit.

1 minute ago, Slug said:

Yeah, which bugs me a little.  Now there's a legal substance that's legal to own and legal to consume and (once they license the dispensaries) legal to purchase.  But if it has roots in a pot of dirt it's now illegal?  That's stupid.  It's us and I think Washington as the only two legal states that don't allow at least some form of home grow.  I know why they don't allow it, but it's dumb rich folk bullshit.

Cuz you could be growing a strain that is not safe for public consumption and you'd be giving it to kids and making them comatose!

In any case, yay NJ.  I'm happy for everyone that this will help.  Still a no-go for me because job, but I'm cised that my friends and family will be able to enjoy it and that people here no longer need to worry about having their lives ruined by the police because of it.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Cuz you could be growing a strain that is not safe for public consumption and you'd be giving it to kids and making them comatose!

More likely because you could be using it/selling it/giving it away on the side which takes money out of the pockets of the poor already millionaires and corporations who will be acquiring the limited number of recreational pot licenses that will be made available.  People being able to homegrow means Cannisolutions Pro LLC will only make $4.32M per year instead of $4.39M.  Gotta maximize profits for our township buddies who parlayed their cush no-risk public works job into a landscaping company into weed company!  We're gonna fuck the licensing for this up exactly like we did with alcohol because this state is run by an insane interconnected network of old-boys' clubs with favors stacked on favors.

Well in Canada Manitoba and Quebec provinces don’t allow homegrown plants either. I believe their is now a legal battle going to the Supreme Court saying it goes against their rights and freedom. Still some debate on cloning too, because it’s not a plant yet (no roots) There are I think a few kinks that can be worked out with Canada’s legalization. We too can’t sell our stuff to friends/family but I like giving them samples, and like I said earlier with my clones. I’m not keeping more than maybe 2 for an outdoor attempt, but the other 20+ clippings I have out to be cloned are going to friends/family. I know not all of them will work either and the reason why so many attempts at the same strain. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Yeah it’s pretty stupid in general, but it’s still a pretty significant step in the right direction which opens the door to legal home growing in the future.  I imagine to some extent home growing will basically become like home distilling.  Technically illegal but as long as you’re not open and obvious about it, whose going to bust you?